Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Clare (2015).

• 01-10-2015 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hey guys, apologies if this has been done to death but couldn't find any recent thread.

Was wondering what the best gym around Ennis was and how much yearly or a 3 month membership is?

Had been a member of the Falls in Ennistymon and have to say the facilities were top class but am working in Ennis so that doesn't suit. Wouldn't mind travelling 10 minutes outside of Ennis for something of that standard.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What kind of services are you looking for and what time are you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Looking for somewhere to get a programme to start off and some free weights with a cardio area. Sauna/jacuzzi wouldn't go amiss either but not a deal breaker. More than likely early mornings round 8 before work so looking for somewhere that isn't too busy that time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I could have sworn I had replied to this last night, the hamsters must have died or something, sorry Square Ball.

Most gyms around will be open at 8 so that won't be a problem. At that time in the morning the West County should free enough, depending on how Clare teams are going it can be very busy in there but it's well equipped. The Auburn Lodge gym would be able to cater for you as well. Outside of that, Ozone might be able to cater for you, I don't think they have wet facilities though I don't think. The Ennis Pool has a gym setup as well but I haven't heard good things about it so I haven't been. Outside of that, I don't know if you've looked up CrossFit, it's more a class type setup but it is extremely popular (some might say cult :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭square ball

Cheers Clareman. Looked at most of their websites/facebook pages and it's hard enough to see what they are like by the lack of pictures of the facilities. I looked into Ozone before and seems very expensive especially as they only have gym facilities. Any idea of ball park price for membership in any of the other places? Thanks.

It's been a while since I had a membership, and even then it was either through the GAA or Rugby Club, most of the places would be eager for new business, I'd email them, tell them what you're looking for an ask for a prices and a week's trial. It really is a buys market, especially as rumours have it that Woodstock is reopening soon as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Deagol

Clareman wrote: »
    especially as rumours have it that Woodstock is reopening soon as well

Not a rumour :)

http://www.hotelwoodstock.ie/leisure/leisure-centre.htm

Deagol wrote: »

I knew the hotel was open again but I didn't know the gym was again, they were great up there in the past, I think it was 55 per month membership, I used it use it a lot, wasn't the biggest facility in the world but it ticked a lot of boxes.

Advertisement