Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pick me a team

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I'm afraid to ask for help to pick a team to follow for fear I get the head eaten off me by some people!! I would like help though :)

I've narrowed it down to 2. The Dodgers or the Cubs?

I think I'm going to base it on who (in your opinion will be shown live more times?) that'll way it'll keep me more interested in it for my first year to fully understand rules players etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

gstack166 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to ask for help to pick a team to follow for fear I get the head eaten off me by some people!! I would like help though :)

I've narrowed it down to 2. The Dodgers or the Cubs?

I think I'm going to base it on who (in your opinion will be shown live more times?) that'll way it'll keep me more interested in it for my first year to fully understand rules players etc.

There's a Chicago city rule that limits the amount of games the Cubs can play at night time so as a result they play the majority of their home games during the day. Therefore a lot of their games start at 6-7pm our time so they get shown on ESPNA a lot as most of the time, they're the only game on at that time in the day.

They aren't going to be very good as a team this year though whereas the Dodgers will be but as with any west coast team, their home games won't start until 3am our time so even if they are on, they're hard to watch (unless you're an insomniac!).

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

As Giants fan I would +1 the post above. Dodgers and Giants played 3 times already this season in LA. 2 of those games were on at 3am our time. Just bite the bullitt and support NYY or Red Sox. They are on ESPNA almost everyday and at reasonable times too!!

Advertisement