Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT Exemption pending

• 10-03-2015 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

HI!
    My boyfriend has applied for a VRT exemption. The application went in Septmeber, which means he is awaiting response for 6 months now. He received a letter that stated he was in the process of applying for exemption and it covered us if we were stopped by customs. However, that letter is out of date over a month now and we have yet to hear anything.
    When you ring the office in Tallaght, you get a voicemail machine. He has left at least 3 messages.
    Has anybody any advice/experience on this?
    What should we do? At the moment the car is off the road as he cannot drive it legally here for fear of being fined by customs. We have had to borrow a car from parents but this is only a temporary solution.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jwhat

Should you not be chasing the revenue and when they give you the exemption you go to the NCT centre then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I was only talking with them last week. They are inundated and don't have the resources. Apparently the office in Tallaght is now the only Dublin branch but they weren't given additional resources when taking over the extra workload. I got mine in at start of August and I was apparently very lucky as just after is when they got inundated.
    I'd say keep driving it so long as you've got it insured. Send them in a letter and ask them can they send out another covering letter in the meantime maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 birdmccabe

I was wondering what the story was with the office as we have left so many messages that havent been returned. I was thinking of sending them a letter to ask for another letter to cover us with gardai/customs. hopefully that will come through as we can only borrow that other car for a short period of time. Thanks for that reply s.welsted and jwhat.

Advertisement