Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

how to close my linkedin account?

• 08-02-2011 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Cant seem to find how to close my account on linkedin, (have a duplicate a/c) and want to get rid of one. anyone know? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Oddy enough, LinkedIn's help pages have the answer.

From https://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63
    How do I close my account?

Closing your account means your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn. It also means you won't have access to any information or content you've added to your account, including your list of connections.

You can close your account and remove your profile from LinkedIn on the Settings page.

If you want to close your one and only LinkedIn account:

1. Sign in to your account.
    2. Move your cursor over your name in the top right of your home page and click Settings.
    3. Under the Personal Information section, click Close Your Account.
    4. Select a reason for closing your account and click Continue.

If you have duplicate accounts and want to close one of them:

1. Decide which account you want to keep (usually the one with more connections).
    2. Take note of any connections in the account you're closing that are missing from the one you're keeping.
    3. Sign in to the account you're keeping and send new Invitations to these connections.
    4. Copy and paste any missing profile information from the account you're closing into the one you're keeping.
    5. Sign in to the account you want to close.
    6. Move your cursor over your name in the top right of your home page and click Settings.
    7. Under the Personal Information section, click Close Your Account.
    8. Select a reason for closing your account and click Continue.

Advertisement