Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT with different engine than on logbook?

• 29-01-2014 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im planning to vrt a car that has a 1.6 gtd engine on the logbook, but a 1.9 tdi engine in the car. The car is 1991, im trying to find out if engine codes are checked in the vrt?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not sure if they are but I know they are checked at NCT stage so if you part with the cash and then can't NCT it then it will be worthless. You may also be interested to know that your insurance company will not cover you if your in a crash with undeclared engine modification, they will just cover 3rd party damage and then pursue you for the costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the old guy in Mallow in the old days went as far as leaning down the back of my engine with paper and pencil to trace off the engine number...and that was on a duty-free import on transfer of residence (I did say it was the old days didn't I?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CopperPiipe

People keep telling me "ah but its all changed now"

Advertisement