Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

right lads, gonna try get goin to raindance for new years. anyone interested in goin at all? should be a brilliant gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

es-cee wrote: »
    its my new mission in life ace, fúck these stupid rip off club nights man,
    deffo have to hit a big uk rave before i'm 30, which gives me just over
    a year now :D

which stupid rip off club nights?

from just that one single flyer you're all salivating about (even though in all fairness i'd wager most of you in this thread probably only know about slipmatt, billy bunter and altern-8 off that lineup), let me tell you that in the time we were doing REACH we had randall, kenny ken, nookie, ratty and tango, and moose; kaboogie! brought over krome and time and nice & nasty brought over jumpin' jack frost.

remarc, bizzy b, equinox, skitty also all played here recently enough.

i can guarantee you that none of those gigs cost more than a tenner on the door to get in, that most of them lost a **** tonne of money and that support dj's usually had to take the hit and play for free. were you at any of those gigs kid?

no, you were sitting here putting youtube videos in boards threads.

please clarify which "rip off club nights" you're dissing, because from where i'm sitting it just looks like you don't know what you're talking about.

from just that one single flyer you're all salivating about (even though in all fairness i'd wager most of you in this thread probably only know about slipmatt, billy bunter and altern-8 off that lineup), let me tell you that in the time we were doing REACH we had randall, kenny ken, nookie, ratty and tango, and moose; kaboogie! brought over krome and time and nice & nasty brought over jumpin' jack frost.

i can guarantee you that none of those gigs cost more than a tenner on the door to get in, that most of them lost a **** tonne of money and that support dj's usually had to take the hit and play for free. were you at any of those gigs kid?

please clarify which "rip off club nights" you're dissing, because from where i'm sitting it just looks like you don't know what you're talking about.

the asylum nights steve, and yes i was at tango. couldn't make the other due to financial matters.

wtf am i even explainin myself here for????

were you at any of those gigs kid?

lol, just after noticing the kid remark now.... nice1, you've made my day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Who píssed in your cornflakes:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

es-cee wrote: »
    right lads, gonna try get goin to raindance for new years. anyone interested in goin at all? should be a brilliant gig!

defo meet up in London if your goin man let us know im putting the word out and trying to get some heads going, gonna try get ticket soon..:cool:

jaysus someone woke up the wrong side of the bed:pac: even i knew that he meant the asylum weekender which were a rip off, i didn't even know you ran club nights to be honest i remember you saying you played in the Twisted pepper occasionally..

jonnny68 wrote: »
    defo meet up in London if your goin man let us know im putting the word out and trying to get some heads going, gonna try get ticket soon..:cool:

yeah that sounds like a plan jonny, i've asked a few peeps now and there seems to be some interest in it ;)...... anyway, back to doin what i do best, which seems to be posting youtube vids on the boards here instead of going to gigs.... apparently :rolleyes:

Sounds good man keep me updated anyway, also i would book hotels sooner rather than later, it took me close on an hour to get a hotel near enough to Hammersmith for a reasonable price (£49) give it's NYE cheap hotels wil be snapped up, you can always pay on arrival ;)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

Class early mix from Dave Angel...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

at the moment flights to Gatwick with Ryanair are €65 return out on 31st and back the following night, if you shop around you'll get a double room for you and the bird for around £80 i booked a single room for £49.

Tickets - http://www.hmvtickets.com/events/4566?REFID=hmv_tickets_sidegif

Given this is NYE and the mega line up and the fact it goes on all night that is more than reasonable,other rip off clubs are charging well over £50 in, about £100 should do you given it's only 1 night for food and drinks,etc so it's not too bad;)

I think ya might have taken me up wrong Jonny or i did'nt explain meself properly.There be no way the missus would be coming to a gig like that with me.First off she aint into the scene at all,and secondly i would'nt be able to induldge either with herself by my side if ya get what i mean:rolleyes:

What i meant was i'll probably have to take her away first beofre i could head off on my own :pac::pac:

Give her the red card mate that's what i have dome before when im going to old skool nights :D you can always make it up again:)

Classic House from 93:cool:

Give her the red card mate that's what i have dome before when im going to old skool nights :D you can always make it up again:)

Ye i hear ya man i know what your saying.I promised meself i'd bring her away next so i want to stick to that promise at lease.Defo would'nt make the new years eve event anyways.3 childer to be looked after for crimbo.So thats next on the hit list.Maybe if i start saving now i might make the next 1.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

****ing loved this back in the day. Coming up like a train in the glenroyal. Proper old school

Few id's i got recently on tune id for anybody that cares.Might not be everybodys cup i've tea but i actually like them.there off a couple of tapes i've had for years so nice to get the names of tracks after all these years of listening to the tapes.

these 2 are of West Bam - DANZ SAUNZ DISTRIBUTATORS tape i have

and this 2 is of Dj Dag 93 tape i have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

****ing loved this back in the day. Coming up like a train in the glenroyal. Proper old school

:eek: This a pi$$ take? for starters it's shyte! secondly its about as back in the day as tomorrow!! and thirdly proper oldskool it certainly isn't!!!........

Jeez H Christ , going to give you the benefit of doubt here and suggest you got lost on your way to the top of the pops thread :confused: ..... or this one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056443937 :D

GiGi D'agofookinstino !!!! ffs it'll be Tiesticlo & Scutter vids next!

:pac::pac::pac: I double dare yis to actually try watch the whole lot of this 'official' vid,it'll be hard with the sound on so best mute it first ....... he makes Tiesticlo n co look serious!!

• Advertisement

It's as valid a track as any of the ****e in this thread. What is not ikd school about it? Just because it came out in 2002 when to were on your second kid doesn't make it a modern track. It's my old school. You were never in the glenroyal so how can you comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

It's as valid a track as any of the ****e in this thread. What is not ikd school about it? Just because it came out in 2002 when to were on your second kid doesn't make it a modern track. It's my old school. You were never in the glenroyal so how can you comment?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSehKzuvXEDt8XsbWuKeIiSa-hgy-KxTz-yFbbGf9zLYFLyL3Tk

Oh God, it's my own fault ........ well,serves me right, now I'll just have to go along with it and reply again!

1.There is nothing valid about that 'track' , it has no place next to the tracks been posted here by us oldfolk of the actual oldskool era.

2. I never said it wasn't 'ikd' school :confused: whatever the fook that is (can one of the genre junkies shed any light on this one? thanks in advance)

3. It (and possibly Gigi himself) actually 'came out' in 1999 and it was as shyte then as it was in 2002 (and every year since)
    http://www.discogs.com/Gigi-DAgostino-LAmour-Toujours/master/79868

4. Your right it's not a modern track (never said it was). Just because it was out when you were popping spots before going to the glenroyal 'disco' doesn't make it old school!

5.And your right yet again, I was never in the glenroyal, however,you've kindly posted up the video and as you made the statment about "coming up like a train" to this 'track' whilst at the glenroyal I can ascertain that the glenroyal was disco that played shyte!

6.Were you not taught to have some respect for your elders ya young pup!

:D just thinking, it must be very disappointing for you attending an 'oldskool' night these days!

Maybe you should start a thread for your 'old school' , call it 'The Nostalgia' thread ............ or the 'Middle School' thread (given that the aformentioned track is neither oldskool nor modern').

I'm guessing you were attending 'pre-school' during the actual 'oldskool' era :P

"In my day, records were black & white"
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-npQuVdRps80YCC_I7BoEL8-OOwFAEm0VuPy0cmCNpg7Vj_AacQ

*Christ I need a horlicks after that zzzzzzzz*

hahaha, ffs G, pmsl mate!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

This is the type of stuff Kids are listening to these days. I recently did a bit of part time bar work, stopped when i won the lotto:pac: (only kidding). all the 20 odd year old's loved this type of stuff, and that track. Personally i don't like it but the kid has a point. It's his oldskool. some people got into the scene late 90's early noughties or whenever. So everyone's idea of old skool is going to be different!

I think im gonna copyright the name old skool so it can only be used from 1987-1995:pac:

I think im gonna copyright the name old skool so it can only be used from 1987-1995:pac:

yeah , a few lads i work with reckon anything after 1990 is not oldskool. They worked in different parts of the UK during the 80's and anything not from there era is not oldskool. A little bit like the thinking of some here :pac:

Now you know what it feels like to read a post about **** music in a **** club that you never went to from an era that means **** all to you as you were not 18-24 at the time. Multiply that by the 60k posts of **** that have ruined this board.
    Burn. 1—0 gunz.

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :eek: This a pi$$ take? for starters it's shyte! secondly its about as back in the day as tomorrow!! and thirdly proper oldskool it certainly isn't!!!........

Jeez H Christ , going to give you the benefit of doubt here and suggest you got lost on your way to the top of the pops thread :confused: ..... or this one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056443937 :D

GiGi D'agofookinstino !!!! ffs it'll be Tiesticlo & Scutter vids next!

:pac::pac::pac: I double dare yis to actually try watch the whole lot of this 'official' vid,it'll be hard with the sound on so best mute it first ....... he makes Tiesticlo n co look serious!!

lmfao at this nicve i earl.
    This is the type of stuff Kids are listening to these days. I recently did a bit of part time bar work, stopped when i won the lotto:pac: (only kidding). all the 20 odd year old's loved this type of stuff, and that track. Personally i don't like it but the kid has a point. It's his oldskool. some people got into the scene late 90's early noughties or whenever. So everyone's idea of old skool is going to be different!

but i do have to agree with Paddy.It's his oldskool.I had a row with Devo 1 day on 1 of the other forums.Some guy posted up jinny - Keep Warm and suggested it was a classic.I basically broke me bollix laughing at him.But Devo was none too impressed with me and told me so.He basically said to me who the **** are you to decide whats a classic and whats not a classic.So after a lenghty heated debate,i thought to meself,well do ya know what he's right.so....................:D

Anyways Devo if your out there how are things.:D I'm sure you remember this litte row we had back over on Ministry............:p

Here's one for easy rider.
    You are calling this ten year old track "middle school" yet go back to the asylum thread. This started in 2005 when all of you nostalgic creeps were talking about "old skool" music from......ten years ago.

• Advertisement

Here's one for easy rider.
    You are calling this ten year old track "middle school" yet go back to the asylum thread. This started in 2005 when all of you nostalgic creeps were talking about "old skool" music from......ten years ago.

Hey, chill out there buddy. Earl is only having a laugh. traditionally the type of tracks posted on these old skool forums where from the early 90's. you posted a track that most here would consider cheesy and he's only having a laugh.
    Feel free to post whatever you want..

Paddy

Advertisement