Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5-a-side soccer cootehill/cavan

• 05-10-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm moving to cootehill for work from Galway. I play non-serious 5-a-side on astroturf a couple of times a week here in Galway. Looking for something similar in cootehill or cavan town. Does this exist?

Also want to know where is dodgy to live in cavan and where's good?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭celt262

Where is dodgy in Cavan town or County Cavan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ME07

County Cavan..... best and worst towns

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

ME07 wrote: »
    I'm moving to cootehill for work from Galway. I play non-serious 5-a-side on astroturf a couple of times a week here in Galway. Looking for something similar in cootehill or cavan town. Does this exist?

Also want to know where is dodgy to live in cavan and where's good?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, There is an astroturf pitch at Cootehill harps club at Clara lane Cootehill.There was a league going for a while with local lads but I think it may have finished.If you ask when you get here there are usually groups who rent the pitch and maybe you could ask them to join in, if not just get enough people rouned up from work or whatever and rent the pitch for yourselves. Just ask for John or Tony when you get there.
    p.s.-if you are interested we are looking for senior players over 17 --cheers..:)

Cavan town would be the best town to live in and its only 20 mins from Cootehill. There are Astro Turf pitches in near by Ballyhaise and Lavey. There is also a soccer hall, gym and Swimming pool in the Sports Complex.

There is a cinema and bowling alley also and good selection of pubs if you like to head out at weekends. I wouldnt advise anyone to live in Cootehill there isnt much to do around it.

celt262 wrote: »
    Cavan town would be the best town to live in and its only 20 mins from Cootehill. There are Astro Turf pitches in near by Ballyhaise and Lavey. There is also a soccer hall, gym and Swimming pool in the Sports Complex.

There is a cinema and bowling alley also and good selection of pubs if you like to head out at weekends. I wouldnt advise anyone to live in Cootehill there isnt much to do around it.

Have to disagree celt....it is what you make it! and as for the astroturf in Ballyhaise, well it is kinda small.Plus if you live in Cootehill and you do want to try somewhere else you are only 20 mins from Cavan and Monaghan and it is a much quieter town to live in.

• Advertisement

muincav wrote: »
    Have to disagree celt....it is what you make it! and as for the astroturf in Ballyhaise, well it is kinda small.Plus if you live in Cootehill and you do want to try somewhere else you are only 20 mins from Cavan and Monaghan and it is a much quieter town to live in.

I supose if he got bored he could stand at the top corner and mind the town :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hi, theres always astroturf soccer on in Cootehill Harps Soccer club every night from 7 or 8 til 10 or 11. Its on Claragh Lane (turn on the Monaghan road at the Holy Family school and its just down there).
    If you go up during the evening, you will see the flood lights and hear it. Just ask one of the boys there and they'll tell ya.

And Cootehill is a cool town!! :D

I supose if he got bored he could stand at the top corner and mind the town :p

Wow-celt...thought we were talking about soccer???
    People in glass houses.....

People in glass houses.....

No we were talking about things to do in cootehill which are very little.

People in glass houses , explain ??

No we were talking about things to do in cootehill which are very little.

People in glass houses , explain ??

Well are you going to explain your statement?>

• Advertisement

Well are you going to explain your statement?>

well young man (or woman) Im sure there is a multitude of activities where ever you reside in this County of ours, so much so that you come on to boards.ie to have an argument about nothing.If you cant help someone out without starting an argument, dont bother....;)

well young man (or woman) Im sure there is a multitude of activities where ever you reside in this County of ours, so much so that you come on to boards.ie to have an argument about nothing.If you cant help someone out without starting an argument, dont bother....;)

It's you who was looking for arguement. Are u going to explain what you meant?

It's you who was looking for arguement. Are u going to explain what you meant?

ME? I think you should read some of your own previous posts and not only on this topic. Time you grew up!

People in glass houses.....[/QUOTE]

If you explain the bit in bold we will leave it at that.

Can you not explain it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 granite_man

Hi, did you find anyone playing 5 a side in cavan, ive moved to ireland 13 mts ago from england, and now living in cavan town, dont know many people here and would like to start
    playing soccer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Hi, I am looking for players to play 5 a side in Cavan town. I have a thread here if anyone could mail me.

Thanks a million lads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057063973

Advertisement