Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap yard / breakers

• 28-10-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any scrap yards in waterford

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

I think there might be one opposite Smyths. I know it was there a few years ago but whether it's still open or not is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i think there are a couple in kilkenny. glenmore and ballyhale if i'm not mistaken. not sure about waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

If its a car breakers your after theres a guy out in Glenmore...car breaker...his name is Paschal Power i think...he's in the phone book anyway ... I think theres another guy up in Hugginstown...dont know his name though

Edit: As Kensutz said there IS a guy opposite smyths...takes in scrap metal.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

p~b wrote: »
    Anyone know of any scrap yards in waterford

thanks

huggingstown in co Kilkenny there a very large Scrap yard there,there might be one out by the sugar loaf hill in Butlerstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

Theres one outside Dungarvan alright not sure about waterford city. I was up at the one in Glenmore before theres plenty of choice so u should get what u want

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Mul is still across from Smiths Toy Store, kind of hard to spot though if you're not from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Pascal Power in Glenmore <snip - no numbers please>
    Phil McBride is in Hugginstown/Ballyhale area... Much bigger and generally a lot friendlier to deal with... Can't locate the number though at the moment

Also just in the Newrath area where the railway tracks are Johnny O'Brien is a mechanic there and has some French Cars broken there but not a huge selection

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

lassykk:- Can you PM the OP that number instead of putting it up public view?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Isn't it already public in the phone book? I doubt someone running a business would be bothered about people finding his number anyway. Strange business if he did.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Seemed like a personal number and not a business! iv no idea if he is in the phone book. I just dont really think its advisable to be putting up peoples phone numbers on boards. Not that big of a deal, surely?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

sorry about that... it was his business number. It is in the phone book as far as i can remember but I got it off his business card so I'd say he wouldn't have minded but i can understand the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

hey guys im got myself a 91 pajero for messing around with jap import. will be in need of some parts do any of these guys do scrap jeeps?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pokerface82

theres one up by ballybricken church across the road from the guards barracks up an alleyway john mullrooney owns it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Sully wrote: »
    Seemed like a personal number and not a business! iv no idea if he is in the phone book. I just dont really think its advisable to be putting up peoples phone numbers on boards. Not that big of a deal, surely?!

can't see the number posted , as you sniped it, but I know Pascal and he uses a mobile number for work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 waterford808

does the man across frrom smyths only take in steel or can you buy some off him

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Phil McBride ; 056 7768684

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

mullrooneys buy and sell steel and all other types of metals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Fortysumting

I have a car which drives fine but I have decided to retire it as it needs work to pass the NCT. I would like to know do car like this have a value? Is there a government scheme encouraging proper disposal with a cash back incentive? Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I have a car which drives fine but I have decided to retire it as it needs work to pass the NCT. I would like to know do car like this have a value? Is there a government scheme encouraging proper disposal with a cash back incentive? Many thanks.

No in a nutshell some breakers may collect it from you for possibly 100 euro if it has spares value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

wellboytoo wrote: »
    No in a nutshell some breakers may collect it from you for possibly 100 euro if it has spares value.

if its drivable, and can get it out to one of them u can get 120 for just pure scrap value....

• Advertisement
Advertisement