Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

aldi fish

• 25-09-2014 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I got cod fillets in aldi. They say defrost in fridge overnight. Can they be left in the plastic carton to defrost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Absolutely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ScottysPal

What is better fish from aldi or from the ice counter in tesco. Is the fish from aldi 'processed' and is the ice counter 'processed'

google aldi cod fillets first result shows the aldi fish

ScottysPal wrote: »
    What is better fish from aldi or from the ice counter in tesco. Is the fish from aldi 'processed' and is the ice counter 'processed'

google aldi cod fillets first result shows the aldi fish

Well; the Aldington fish has been filleted. Depends what you're getting at ice counter but little actual processing.

You Googled Aldi cod fillets and it returned the Aldi cod fillets? Crazy, wha'

Well; the Aldington fish has been filleted. Depends what you're getting at ice counter but little actual processing.

You Googled Aldi cod fillets and it returned the Aldi cod fillets? Crazy, wha'
    aldington? saw an article yeterday that some ice counter fish are seriously out of date

is filleting processing, I mean are things added

• Advertisement

aldington? saw an article yeterday that some ice counter fish are seriously out of date

Aldington is Aldi's posh English cousin. Either that or autocorrect is f*ckin with me again.

You'll find an article saying anything you want if you spend enough time Googling. It's not a fact.

Filleting isn't adding anything.

Aldington is Aldi's posh English cousin. Either that or autocorrect is f*ckin with me again.

You'll find an article saying anything you want if you spend enough time Googling. It's not a fact.

Filleting isn't adding anything.
    it was factual they tested them. some uk supermarket. oh i see what you mean now re aldi

it was factual they tested them. some uk supermarket. oh i see what you mean now re aldi

A UK supermarket wouldn't be classed as a statistically valid sample. Even if it was a few branches.

I bought some eggs that were 2 weeks past Sell By Date the other day. I have bought eggs there since and lived to tell the tale :)

A UK supermarket wouldn't be classed as a statistically valid sample. Even if it was a few branches.

I bought some eggs that were 2 weeks past Sell By Date the other day. I have bought eggs there since and lived to tell the tale :)
    i did not mention statistics. Just said there were question around fish counters. seen some with questionable hygiene practices

i did not mention statistics. Just said there were question around fish counters. seen some with questionable hygiene practices

Don't buy from the ice counter if you don't want to then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Learn how to spot/smell spoiled fish yourself.
    Just because it's in a package and has a sell by date doesn't mean something can't have gone wrong and it's actually spoiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

I think aldi add mercury to their fillets, just because...

you are a sad littlenbunch the way you wait to pounce and thank each others posts lol. It true what they say about folk here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It very true

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Is this thread really happening? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

is filleting processing, I mean are things added
    I have only seen water added to lidl unbreaded fish anyway. It would say maybe "5% added water in the form of ice" or something like that.

I prefer to buy frozen fish from supermarkets as I expect it is frozen at sea and so be fresher. I expect many fish at the counters have been previously frozen too, dunno if it regulated, I think some fish are frozen as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Surely if the fish isn't fresh, whether from the ice-counter, pre-packed or defrosted, you'd be able to smell it a mile away.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Isn't all fish frozen at some point? Like on the fishing boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Kept fresh with salt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

It's chilled with ice, not frozen though afaik.

Advertisement