Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pokken Tournament discussion

• 18-08-2014 3:53pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's a new Pokemon project in the works. More details will be revealed in a "big announcement" next week.

So yes, this is an announcement of an announcement, with the teaser site saying, "This summer, details of a stunning new project from Pokemon will be announced." The teaser site specifically states, "shougeki no shin purojekuto" (衝撃の新プロジェクト) with "shougeki" ( 衝撃) meaning "shocking" or "stunning" and "shin" (新) referring to "new."

It has to be the Pokemon MMO everyone wants :P

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Saw someone mention that on facebook, didn't get a chance to look at it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

SINNOH CONFURMD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

That Pikachu detective game maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

A main series Pokemon game on the Wii U?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Announcement is tomorrow morning, so we're likely to hear something late tonight/early morning

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

All pointing towards a Wii U Pokémon fighting game (Pokken somesort). 3 more hours and we'll know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

If it was done right, I'd play the hell out of a pokéfighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

Yes, Pokken Tournament was confirmed today!! Apparently it's only going to be available in Japan in arcades though.. anyone know for sure??

Ciaran511 wrote: »
    Yes, Pokken Tournament was confirmed today!! Apparently it's only going to be available in Japan in arcades though.. anyone know for sure??

Yup, arcade only. Wouldn't be surprised to see it on consoles soon after though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Virtually all Japanese fighting games launch in the arcades only. maximises profits.

It won't remain that way, anymore than Street Fighter 4 or Tekken 6 did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Angron wrote: »

Not going to be limited to fighting types (guy's apparently head of the Pokken development)

Posted this over in the Fighting Games thread, but some of you might not look there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Been a stream of the work in progress and loads of other news on this lately. Looks like a cross between Tekken and the Naruto fighting games.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/27/pokken-tournaments-cast-shines-in-beautiful-screenshots/

Been a stream of the work in progress and loads of other news on this lately. Looks like a cross between Tekken and the Naruto fighting games.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/27/pokken-tournaments-cast-shines-in-beautiful-screenshots/

But the arcade stick looks GOD AWFUL

Some of the competitors at worlds are getting to give the game a go. The pokémon they can choose from are Pikachu, Charizard, Blaziken, Machamp, Gardevoir, Gengar, Weavile, Suicune, and Lucario. (I think that's it anyway)

There's also helper pokémon that can give a little boost, but I'm not sure what they all can do. The only ones I'm certain of are Eevee which provides Helping Hand to boost your attacks for a little while, and Frogadier which launches Water Pulse to disrupt your foe. I've seen Emolga, Fennekin, Snivy, Jirachi, Lapras, and Whimsicott.

Edit: Okay, Snivy uses Leaf Tornado to damage the foe, Emolga uses Shock Wave.

Finally, there's going to be an international release coming at some point in 2016.

Yay Wii U release for the west confirmed

Sceptile confirmed for the roster. Wonder will swampert get added now as well.

Can this be renamed to Pokken Tournament?

Good idea, will do it when I get home (on mobile at the moment).

Few new things:

Chandelure

Shadow Mewtwo

Garchomp and Braixen are also supposedly going to be in the game, but so far for them all I can find are a few pictures, there doesn't appear to be proper videos for them yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone picked this up yet? I'm not a huge fighting game fan but might get it next month to see what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Anyone picked this up yet? I'm not a huge fighting game fan but might get it next month to see what it's like.

No, I've played the demo and it seemed decent but I'm not a big fan of fighting games either so I'm holding off on this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I do, I like it a lot.

Advertisement