Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aint it cool news, Oh no ....

Options
  • 21-06-2003 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Starting within the next week or so that gob****e has his own tv show on Sky Premier.

Seriously how does this absolute muppet get to be so popular.
    He slates films based on what a dog who passed by the set told him and yet people still flock to his website and worship him.

I hate him and cant believe he got his own tv show.

Dunno if its an american show being shown here or a Sky one specficialy made by them.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I dunno either.

He thought Attack of the Clones was fantastic.

The guy's clearly a ****.

And he could stand to lose a few pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Yeh that guy is a dick.
    In fact he's up there in terms of stupidity with the retards that write for Empire.
    Just when you thought Sky Premier couldn't get any worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah that fat ginger tub of lard can go to hell for all I care. What's the deal with him anyway? Failed writer, failed blues-travler lookalike with a website that looks like it was designed by a colour-blind five year old, so now he has to pollute the film world with his unverified garbage just to get some attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

In all fairness, the guy has probably watched more films than everyone who posts on this board combined. He also has the enthusiasm of a giddy, 12-year old fanboy. Certainly a lot better than the jaded cynicism of the majority of the other movie journalists invading my TV. And, from what I've read of his book, he's also learned how to articulate himself a little better than when he first started AICN (although he's become a whole lot more narcissistic).

Like it, or hate it (I don't check it out unless I'm told to check something specific), his website is probably the main source of movie news (usually in the form of rumours) on the internet. Again, this is perhaps something that TV could use. By the time Jonathan Ross gets around to reporting something on Film, I've usually known about it since it was a rumour on AICN. He's also the target audience for 95% of Hollywood's output, so he's a fantastic yardstick by which to judge how successful their film is going to be - again it will be interesting to see how this works, since he comes to the table with very few pretentions.

But I don't think his show will last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

He seen pics of the X men costumes during fliming and slated the movie without actually seeing it.

He does that a lot ,he judges movies by what he has heard and not by what he has seen and never takes into consideration that other people may actually like the movie.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep nearly kicked the TV in when I saw him on it. Another reason I'm glad I'm not subscribing to Sky :p

Oh and the reviews on his site are pathetic really really pathetic. If I do want to check out anything I normally check darkhorizons first. I never look at that crap site !

Gandalf,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Some of his reviews have been good andhe seems to be finetuning his reviews so that the fanboys are marvellous.

I think he is becoming a good channel for the public and the fanboys to tell the studios whats good adn whats not.

He has an ego bigger than himself which is his downfall. He is one fat ugly mother**** too, deffo a face for radio.

He is very easily bought off too. He got some big freebie tour of some movie set and he gave a great review, but one of the other writers on the site slagged him off for it so at least theres some balance.

I finally remembered what drove me away from AICN forever.

I went back one final time to get this link to the worst bit of written word I have ever read.

Beware, beware your eyes.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=11793

Originally posted by DapperGent

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=11793

You'd have to wonder (or worry?) about the kind of mind that could actually produce a review like that.

I think we both know that that sort of mind should be subjected to fearsome and hideous experimentation.

Purely for entertainment value.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DapperGent
    Purely for entertainment value.
    Entertainment? Well it'd be a first for Harry Knowles anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

****ing hell thats one stupid piece of text. Harry is such a knobend.

Advertisement