Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walk the Line 21st June 2014

• 01-05-2014 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Few of my friends in the DWMRT (Dublin Wicklow Mountain Rescue team) have a really, really good even organised for 21st June 2014 in the lovely garden of Ireland.

For anyone who is a season hill walker or people who want to get out and enjoy the hills of Wicklow with like minded folks - this is the event for you!!!

http://walktheline.ie/

https://www.facebook.com/DWMRT.WalktheLine?fref=ts

Please visit their facebook page and give it a like, register and join in this awesome day!

From the website:
    Walk the Line is a fund-raising event for the Dublin & Wicklow Mountain Rescue Team and takes place over the night of Saturday 21st June 2014.

Our mountains can be used for so much – walking, climbing, camping and hill-running.

The event “Walk the Line” aims to cater for both the seasoned hill-walkers and also those walkers who want to give the hills a try with a super route in and around the Glendalough area.

All funds raised go directly into the Mountain Rescue team and they provide a really important service for anyone enjoying our mountains and hills - from walkers, hikers, climbers, cyclists and generally anyone who gets into difficulties in the Dublin & Wicklow mountains area.

PS - I have no affiliation with the DWMRT - I have a few mates who volunteer their time to save people lives and wanted to share this - you can all make this an even bigger success than previous years, go on you know you want to!!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Is it an entry fee or do you raise sponsorship to enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

think its €25 for registration and then your asked to raise another €75 in sponsorship.. Ill confirm with my friend on the team.

**confirmed - registration deposit €25 and total required is €100 to participate.

DWMRT are on mycharity.ie which is a really great way to raise sponsorship

Advertisement