Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

Just the thought of Jo shrieking "heteropaternal superfecundation" makes me want to push the telly out the window.

whats hetropaternal superfecundation.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Wasn't it mentioned before that Jo and Dermot can't have kids together ? Thus them adopting ?

Anywho...

Angel01 where's the spoilers gone ? Used to love catching up on them. I know they're on digitaspy somewhere but it's blocked in work and I'm not sure anyway where abouts they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ste- wrote: »
    Wasn't it mentioned before that Jo and Dermot can't have kids together ? Thus them adopting ?

Ah, but this is soapland. One day you're told you can't have kids, the next day you're told you're pregnant with twins and it's heteropaternal superfecundation.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just the thought of Jo shrieking "heteropaternal superfecundation" makes me want to push the telly out the window.

I don't know, it could be a great comedy scene.

Dermot: Jo, I don't understand. How could this happen?
    Jo: Ah sure Dermot it's common enough. It's called heteropaternal superfecun.....whatsit.
    Dermot: I don't care how super it fecun was. I want to know who my son is.

Or if you want to go post watershed.

Dermot: (sadly) And here I always thought my fecun was super enough for you. But I guess I'm no Tommy Dillon.

iceblue wrote: »
    whats hetropaternal superfecundation.....

Fraternal twins with two different fathers. All fraternal twins happen because their mother ovulates twice in the same cycle. If she is having sex with more than one man each egg can be fertilised by a different man, so her twins are actually half-siblings. Apparently it's more common than most people imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

iguana wrote: »
    No soap ever has done a heteropaternal superfecundation story have they?

Only on the US soaps that plus rapid aging of children is big in the soaps over there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ste- wrote: »

Anywho...

Angel01 where's the spoilers gone ? Used to love catching up on them. I know they're on digitaspy somewhere but it's blocked in work and I'm not sure anyway where abouts they are.

Since you asked... :D

Thursday Dec 8
    Val starts to question the way Christy does things at the shop, but he tells her that he is boss, asserting his authority to both Sean and Val. Later, Christy rebukes Val for flirting with customers and his strict managerial ways push Val to walk out. Sean tells Christy that they need her, but he refuses to apologise to her.

Later, Christy chats to Sean and realises that he needs to be a better manager and should make amends with Val. Christy brings Val and Sean to the Hungry Pig to apologise for his recent behaviour and they start on a new slate.

Meanwhile, Yvonne tells Wayne that it was a wrong move to tell Dolores to cut him out of the will. Later, Pete and Dolores chat about the shelter and Pete questions how he got the job. Dolores then becomes flustered and when he asks if she has donated money, he guesses that she has paid for his job and quits. Charlie also meets with Dolores and tells her that hiring Pete was a conflict of interest and they could now be in trouble because of it.

Elsewhere, Charlie reveals to Cass and Bela that he is going to re-propose to Esther, but he is nervous. He chats about the brochures that he got from different wedding venues, and when he isn't looking, Cass pockets them. Later, Cass tries to get some free wedding food from a hotel, but they insist that he must bring his fiancée along for the tasting. Cass and Eileen then masquerade at the wedding venue as Charlie and Esther

Sunday Dec 11
    Wayne meets with Dolores to talk about the will. He tells her how betrayed he feels that she is putting Cleo before him, but Dolores protests that he doesn't deserve any more because he doesn't have his life sorted out. Later, Wayne and Pete bump into each other in the community centre and talk about how Dolores has treated them. Pete says that he thought Dolores was more honest and that she doesn't realise that she has the power to hurt a lot of people.

Later, Pete calls to Dolores and she is shocked when he tells her that she makes him feel like a sub-part of the relationship and he can only give his opinion when it suits her. He tells her that she uses her money to control people and that he will only stay if she tries to make amends. Soon afterwards, Dolores is shocked when Pete tells her that he has cancelled the holiday and is now unsure about their future.

Meanwhile, Christy and Val invite Leo for drinks in McCoys to celebrate his birthday, but Christy soon realises this is a date between Val and Leo and leaves them.

Elsewhere, Charlie discovers Cass and Eileen's deception and they know the game is up. Charlie tells them that they have to make it up to him.

Also today, Yvonne and Suzanne chat and agree to put their differences to one side so they can help Bela, who is feeling very down at the moment.

Tuesday Dec 13
    Charlie is apprehensive about Esther's return and buys flowers, before booking a table for two in Vinos for this evening. In Charlie's house, he puts on some music, has the flowers out and takes out the ring box so he can be ready to propose to Esther. But this is ruined when Esther arrives in with Suzanne. He gets up from one knee and is disappointed that he can't propose to her. Esther is completely oblivious to it.

Later, Suzanne spots the ring box on the ground, prompting her and Esther to realise that Charlie was about to propose. Esther worries as she messed up the last time he proposed too. Soon afterwards, Cass and Bela get Charlie to go to McCoys as Esther is there. He is hesitant to go over to her but when he does, Esther announces her love for Charlie and asks him to marry her.

Meanwhile, Decco keeps Caoimhe in the dark about his court appearance. Soon afterwards, Caoimhe chats to Orla over lunch and she admits to missing the excitement of Decco's criminal past. Later, Decco arrives back after his court case and tells an ecstatic Caoimhe that his curfew has been lifted. However, he later reveals that if he doesn't behave himself, he could go to jail next year and Caoimhe is shocked.

Elsewhere, Bob's bad mood is lifted when he learns from Sean that Rebecca is coming back to Carrigstown, while Niamh is annoyed when Orla spends recklessly on clothes on the internet.

Wed Dec 14
    Showing his softer side, Decco admits to Zumo that he fears he is going to lose Caoimhe. He tells Zumo that he needs to start working for Eileen so he can make money and keep Caoimhe in the lifestyle she expects. Decco bumps into Caoimhe and she is surprised when Decco asks if she wants to end the relationship. She later manages to persuade him that she's with him because of how he makes her feel and not his money.

At the same time, Caoimhe is intrigued to learn that Orla is shoplifting. Orla is horrified that Caoimhe is thrilled by the idea. Caoimhe soon tells Orla how bored she is of staying in all the time. She informs Orla that she wants some excitement and wants to go shoplifting with her. Orla says no, but Caoimhe tells her she's going to do it.

Meanwhile, Bob prepares to unveil a memorial tree. Val is annoyed when people praise Bob for the memorial tree idea, so she decides to spread a rumour that Maeve Binchy is the special guest to open the memorial tree to the community. Esther, the gossip monger, then spreads the news all around Carrigstown. Later, Bob has to deal with a huge crowd of disappointed locals at the community centre who were expecting to see Maeve Binchy.

Elsewhere, Suzanne is shocked when Yvonne suggests that she moves back home, as Charlie and Esther will move in together.

Thursday Dec 15
    Caoimhe puts pressure on Orla to steal some nice clothes for Decco to help cheer him up. Orla and Caoimhe go into Phelans and Caoimhe steals a magazine, but Sean spots this and stops Caoimhe from leaving the shop. She pretends that she must have done it by mistake.

Sean demands that Caoimhe pays for it and a mortified Orla offers to do so. Orla notices that Caoimhe is cheeky and unflinching.

Meanwhile, Val bumps into Bob and she apologises for spreading the rumour about Maeve Binchy. Later, Eileen, Val and Bob chat by the Hungry Pig dumpster and Bob talks about how he was homeless and slept in that exact spot. An idea is born and Bob announces that he wants to do a fundraising sleep-out for the shelter.

Elsewhere, Esther turns down Orla for a job, while Rachel reassures Niamh that she is happy about their new relationship status as Niamh is now officially her mum.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I can actually sympathise with Wayne on this one re Dolores giving her money away. I'd be the same myself. It might sound selfish but I can see where he's coming from...

Sean is an idiot...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can actually sympathise with Wayne on this one re Dolores giving her money away. I'd be the same myself. It might sound selfish but I can see where he's coming from...

Me too and the fact it wasnt like Cleo was a baby when she lived with Dolores plus Wayne is her only living child

Emmm Bob puts his hands on Louie and warns him "Don't do this now" but then lets him take stacks of napkins. Did I miss something..?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I thought tonights episode was brilliant!

I really fancy Yvonne! ;)

I thought tonights episode was brilliant!

I really fancy Yvonne! ;)

Apart from Wayne finding the Will I thought it was a bit on the slow side myself...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Apart from Wayne finding the Will I thought it was a bit on the slow side myself...:)

Charlie worrying about Esther.

Yvonne being fantastic at Bobs Carristown traders meeting.

The vote to go with Bob or Christy.

Yvonne being fantastic again in the row with Suzanne.

Wayne being caught snooping by Deloras.

Again Yvonne being fantastic doing something or other.

Cass and Eileen haggling over DVDs.

Louie and Bob arguing over napkins.

Wayne going back snooping (and what was in that letter?)

I could hardly stick the pace!!! And I thought Yvonne was great tonight as well. :)

Charlie worrying about Esther.

Yvonne being fantastic at Bobs Carristown traders meeting.

The vote to go with Bob or Christy.

Yvonne being fantastic again in the row with Suzanne.

Wayne being caught snooping by Deloras.

Again Yvonne being fantastic doing something or other.

Cass and Eileen haggling over DVDs.

Louie and Bob arguing over napkins.

Wayne going back snooping (and what was in that letter?)

I could hardly stick the pace!!! And I thought Yvonne was great tonight as well. :)

Well when you put it like that...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Nessa knit the hats and scarves :confused: was that ever shown on screen?

I thought this too seeing as how time consuming knitting is. I would have expected to see maybe some balls of wool or knitting needles at some stage or even a knitting machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Anyone got a spoiler for what that letter is about that caused Delores to throw a wobbler last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

leahyl wrote: »
    I'm not sure....is it this maybe?

Yes that's it, thanks leahyl, it was driving me mad. Has no one else noticed it's always playing in The Hungry Pig??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

RVD420 wrote: »
    Anyone got a spoiler for what that letter is about that caused Delores to throw a wobbler last night?
    I get the impression that
    it's her will and that she's changed it to ensure Cleo gets a whack of what would otherwise have gone to Wayne. Hell maybe she split it 3 ways to include Lucy too. :pac:

FAIR CITY actress Ciara O'Callaghan is terrified her character could be killed off at any moment.

The Dublin actress has played the character of Yvonne Doyle for 10 years but says no one's job on the hit soap is fully secure.

Speaking to the Herald, Ciara said that although she loves being an actress and working on the top Irish soap, she feels that she has no job security.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/i-worry-ill-get-killed-off-fair-citys-yvonne-2953213.html

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

cofy wrote: »
    I thought this too seeing as how time consuming knitting is. I would have expected to see maybe some balls of wool or knitting needles at some stage or even a knitting machine.

Christmas story: we find out that Neasa has Felix trapped in a basement somewhere, knitting eighteen hours a day in return for food and water.

I know that knitting story was going to come back one day. And who wouldn't love to see Felix again?

• Advertisement

Christmas story: we find out that Neasa has Felix trapped in a basement somewhere, knitting eighteen hours a day in return for food and water.

I know that knitting story was going to come back one day. And who wouldn't love to see Felix again?

Bit too late, the actor who plays Felix now lives in England :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

16 Staff for a corner shop:rolleyes:
    My local Supervalu does not even have that many staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow wonder what Spar paid for that massive a :D

Probably 10 times Fair City's budget :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Why dont they get ferg to work there, que all sorts of missunderstanding and hillarious missadventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Best Spar ad I've ever seen. ;)

I wonder if funny man "Ferg" will show up to lower the prices :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

angel01 wrote: »
    FAIR CITY actress Ciara O'Callaghan is terrified her character could be killed off at any moment.

The Dublin actress has played the character of Yvonne Doyle for 10 years but says no one's job on the hit soap is fully secure.

Speaking to the Herald, Ciara said that although she loves being an actress and working on the top Irish soap, she feels that she has no job security.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/i-worry-ill-get-killed-off-fair-citys-yvonne-2953213.html

Like the way they say top soap ha ha ha laughable

patwicklow wrote: »
    Like the way they say top soap ha ha ha laughable
    Like it or not, Fair City has many fans who enjoy talkng about it here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Well what do I say about Fair City. I love watching the show.. I try not to miss it as much as possible. But everytime I am watching it at home with the family we just say how bad a show it is. Bad actors, bad producers/directors etc..Even tonight so many stupid things that you wouldnt see in the other soaps. The Louis/Bob fighting...the most childish thing I have seen. Next thing Chirsty just lets Bob do what he likes at the opening. The producers of the show musnt have a clue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

It's only a little thing but I thought Heineken were Heineken International BV so if Dave O' Sullivan (Decco) was working for Diageo he wouldn't be selling Heineken for them... Telling a porkie maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Like it or not, Fair City has many fans who enjoy talkng about it here...

how many? 4 or 5 lol admit it though its crap aint it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement