Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feedback Appreciated on New Site

Options
  • 13-03-2015 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Would appreciate any feedback on a new site I have been working on, www.backspin.ie.

In particular, I'd like to hear if the concept of the business is clear and immediately understandable, along with any tips on design and layout which would be gratefully received.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

That's a great original idea Dave in a huge potential market.

Asking for opinions is dangerous because everyone will do things different...especially with design.

It is a pretty good looking website though.

I would say try and incorporate something real in terms of photos.....your golfing logo is really good but I would superimpose it on a great landscape shot of a Golf Course that is instantly reliable.
    If you could sign up some of the Big players and then push those on the website it will be a great sign of credibility starting out.

Also if you can have a Blog with Golf tips.....deals for certain websites on certain Golf Accessories....upsell.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 STintin

Website design Looks great.

-Improvement-
    Facebook and Linked in are not mapped ! Those icons at extreme left corner of website .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciate it.

Have taken all of the above on board. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fraz99

I enjoy the responsive theme. I suggest changing the font of the top navbar. It looks out of place. The concept of the business seems clear to me with and has a good landing page. Good luck launching anyway seems like a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

I didn't really get what the site does. I expected when I searched for a club, I would be shown, where I can buy it or a price or something like that

• Advertisement

BnB wrote: »
    I didn't really get what the site does. I expected when I searched for a club, I would be shown, where I can buy it or a price or something like that

Thanks for checking it out.

I want to make sure that the way the site works is clear as I wasn't 100% sure that it is easily and instantly identifiable. I need to think of a couple of other ways to address this.

Out of interest, were you viewing the site on desktop or mobile/tablet?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

ImDave wrote: »
    Thanks for checking it out.

I want to make sure that the way the site works is clear as I wasn't 100% sure that it is easily and instantly identifiable. I need to think of a couple of other ways to address this.

Out of interest, were you viewing the site on desktop or mobile/tablet?

Thanks.

Hi Dave - I was looking on a Desktop

It looked great and was technically fine, but as I said, I was left a little bit unclear as to what it does.

My train of thought on visiting the site for the first time......

I see the front page - Looks good. I see..

Search Used/Second Hand Clubs: Start here to search golf stores across Ireland for used, second hand or older model golf clubs

Looks great so I select - Driver - Callaway

Then I See a list of Clubs with pics - Very good - I'm still happy

So then I click on a Random one of those.. Callaway Big Bertha 460 2009

At this point - I am expecting to see a list of "Callaway Big Bertha 460 2009" drivers for sale in Ireland

But instead I get another form...

Step 1 - Confirm Details of The Club Are You Looking For:

It took me a few glances to figure out what this form was for...but OK - I fill that in

...and then I get another form, looking for my name & e-mail etc...... you've lost me well and truly now

BnB wrote: »
    Hi Dave - I was looking on a Desktop

It looked great and was technically fine, but as I said, I was left a little bit unclear as to what it does.

My train of thought on visiting the site for the first time......

I see the front page - Looks good. I see..

Search Used/Second Hand Clubs: Start here to search golf stores across Ireland for used, second hand or older model golf clubs

Looks great so I select - Driver - Callaway

Then I See a list of Clubs with pics - Very good - I'm still happy

So then I click on a Random one of those.. Callaway Big Bertha 460 2009

At this point - I am expecting to see a list of "Callaway Big Bertha 460 2009" drivers for sale in Ireland

But instead I get another form...

Step 1 - Confirm Details of The Club Are You Looking For:

It took me a few glances to figure out what this form was for...but OK - I fill that in

...and then I get another form, looking for my name & e-mail etc...... you've lost me well and truly now

Thanks for the detailed feedback, appreciate it.

What you are describing is what I was worried about - how the site works/it's purpose is not clear enough from the outset.

How the site actually works, is you would go through the steps above, pop in your contact details, and the details of the exact club you are looking for is pushed out to all retailers registered with us, who then have either 24 or 48 hours to check their stock, and respond with details, i.e. club is in stock, and details of its condition and price, club is not in stock, or club is out of stock but can be ordered.

Retailers have a portal where they see details of the club you are looking for, but not your contact details. When a retailer updates your request, the website sends you a notification through email or SMS.

Thanks again for taking the time to go through it - I need to figure out a better way of making the model clear and understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bodzio69

Very nice website.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fox Mulder

I think you have created a great website. The concept seems very clear.

I particularly like the golf club database. I wonder if you added recommended retail prices on to the database would it allow people to browse other clubs in there price range that they previously had not considered. Currently it seems you have to know exactly what it is you are after before you can avail of the websites services.

The used club database filter does not appear to be working for me. Best of luck with the website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement