Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Advice Please

• 22-02-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all. I am wondering can any one give me advice on what to do. I apologize if i repeat myself or waffle but ye will understand :). I contacted my agency to reopen my file as i am suffering from an unknown illness at the moment. I am losing my memory and barley able to talk at times also i have lost mobility. So its attacked my brain and nervous system. I was to the neuro being that my head has been affected and she was very focused on the fact it was a genetic condition. I explained all this to the agency in my letter as the way the weeks are going am getting seriously worse. I received a letter back saying i was put in a waiting list and i will have to have a meeting with someone in 8 weeks. Thats all well and good but i cant travel, i am getting worse as the days go on. I do understand there is a waiting list but if someone is seriously sick should there not be priority? All i want is to find out is there medical problems in the family history! i might not know my own name in 8 weeks never mind saying anything else. I do understand there is a waiting list however i cant do anything any more. Can anyone advice me on what to do as i am frustrated enough as it is but now i am facing a lot of tests to which could be not needed. All i want is medical history no meetings or contact i just want to know if there is a problem with health. Can anybody give me advice on this. (Sorry about going on forever)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Elizvonne

Hi Mullins79, I am sorry to hear about you ill health - it obviously a very distressing time for you. There is an online group Adoption Rights Alliance. There are a lot of members with great experience and knowledge of all aspects of adoption. I suggest that you perhaps contact them. I hope you get some answers soon and that you health improves. Best Wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mullins79

Hi Elizvonne, Thanks a million for that advice i am going to give them ago straight away. And here is hoping they will have the advice i need :)

Hi Qualitymark ,

Because she has ruled out all the common things, it looks more like a genetic thing. I had more tests done the last day but they cant treat it when they don't know whats wrong! If i cant get an answer before my next appointment it'll have to be genetic testing. If i could afford to pay well then it would probably move faster but being that i cant it will drag on longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I can't understand why adoption records are not taken into the State records, where they can be available to those concerned in them.

I can't understand why adoption records are not taken into the State records, where they can be available to those concerned in them.

It would make more sense being that its impossible to find out anything. Surely that is a basic right that we have access to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭diabeticmum

Hi mullins, hope your doing ok now, did you get any information from agency?

Hi Diabeticmum, unfortunatly no i havent heard anything, i have contacted other adoption groups for advice as well but have recieved no answer, i am slowly getting worse, some days are better than others but it seems like genetic testing will be on the way, luckily i only have a few more weeks before i head back to the neuro so its unlikely i will hear anything from the hse before this as i am still waiting for the appointment that i wont be able to travel too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Four weeks gone already. I'd never normally suggest this, but what about contacting your local TD to see can they move things along?

Hi Quailtymark, I didnt think of that, thanks for that i think thats what i should try. Thank you

Advertisement