Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tracing a birthsibling

• 05-02-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I want to get some information about a birthsibling - all the information I have at the moment is the birthparents names, year of birth (with possible month of birth). Would it be possible to locate their birthcert or adoption cert if I visited the Registry office, armed only with the aforementioned information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mamafi

Hi Leanne ,
    My hubby is in the same position.He has been told about a birth sibling that was sent for adoption but there are no records of his adoption. We have his birth name his age and his birth mothers name so we are going up to the irish life mall to see if we can get his birth cert and that should tell us where he was born and then it will be back to the social worker to see where we go from there to get some more info. Best of luck hun:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justme83

I visited the Irish Life Mall the other day and found my record after maybe an hour. I have my birth mothers name and the road she lived on, her mothers full name and fathers full name but the only thing I found online after was her mothers death notice. I thought I was on a roll. I cant find anything. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 moihugs

Justme83 I would go back gro and look up a marriage and kids for your bm! It could bring you forward and even bring up the family home were she reared her family! Have you any other info on her ...?Its how I found my bm her address when she had her 4th child she is still living in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justme83

moihugs wrote: »
    Justme83 I would go back gro and look up a marriage and kids for your bm! It could bring you forward and even bring up the family home were she reared her family! Have you any other info on her ...?Its how I found my bm her address when she had her 4th child she is still living in!

I managed to get her address at the time from her birth cert but there were no marriage certificates for her up to 1995. There didn't seem to be any other marriage records for any year after that though. If she's not married, I'm totally at a loss because I don't know what the next step is. I rang the HSE and I'm now on a waiting list for info only, then I will go into another list for a trace that could take ages. It's ridiculous. You're so lucky you found your BM. Id be happy just to know she's around even if she doesn't want to meet me. I do know the road and town her mother last lived in. I'm so tempted to just go there and check the place out like a complete stalker but I won't. This is driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 moihugs

justme83 dont panic, uve done great work to get ur birth cert! It takes time and a lot of patience I ended up in many a dead end. Maybe she moved to England ? Maybe she is living around the same area she grew up in and working away , with the name u have found. I so wouldnt rule out going to the area she grew up in and sussing the area out maybe ask in local shop someone of a certain age out walking etc do they know of the family. Old friends of ur mothers if ur asked. You know her parents names and prob even ur grandmothers maiden name so you have loads of info to tell them! Do you know anyone in the area either that can find out a bit more for u?

• Advertisement
Advertisement