Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

is it even possible? please help!!!!

• 13-05-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Hope the mods won't mind me posting this here as I did post something similar under another user name a few months ago, but it wasn't in the right forum so hopefully this will be okay
    Bit of background first

I lived at home with my mum, sister brother and dad up to 3 years ago. then one august evening, after having come back from celebrating an anniversary with my other half, my mum sits me down and tells me that the man I've always thought of as my dad is not in fact my dad. I was kind of happy to be honest, as my mum's husband did not do a good job of raising either me or my siblings who are my half siblings of course but this does not make a difference to how I feel about them.
    my mum told me at the time that I could ask any questions I wanted but over time she has said repeatedly that she does not remember anything about my biological father.
    I was not addopted i know, but this was the only forum I could think to put this in, sorry just thinking out loud.
    So my question is, can I find my biological father if she says she doesn't remember him?
    I was born in Spain, and my bf's name is not on my birth cert, apparently it is some spanish man who my mum asked to put his name on it.
    I have never seen my birth cert either, and it would be quite difficult for me to go to the births deaths and marriages place to look for a record of my dad as I am visually impaired.
    I really do want to find my dad, but is it possible given all the circumstances?
    Please anyone else who has been in a similar situation it would be fantastic to hear from you.
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement