Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY - Raspberry PI Boombox

• 01-08-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of building a boom box and i could do with some input.
    I was think a raspberry pi with a touch screen. I have read of people compiling xbmc to use a touch screen (open to suggestions)

The case is going to be a simple wooden box

For speakers I was thinking car component speakers the ones I am looking at are edge ed305 210watt rms. What I am wondering is do you think that these would have enough bass it's mainly rock music but I have been known to listen to some dance music.

battery I need it to be usable away from power sources my fried and I spend a fair amount of time down by the lake during the good weather and we would like to have some music but it needs to be light enough that I can carry it. and needs to be mount in the case.

AMP this is the one I need most help with I think an amp from a car would be too much draw and the battery would go awful quick.

Comments

Advertisement