Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[FPL] - GW28 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

carlcon wrote: »
    Bogdan has indeed been quite excellent. But in a "only conceding 3 instead of 6" way. Not a great FF shout. Only one clean sheet in 8. Only really has value if you're looking to save money and plan on sticking to the same keeper every week.
    Was referring to Miyachi and not Bogdan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Good to see teams are finally starting to look a bit different with injuries and suspensions. For a few weeks there everyone had the same 4/5 midfielders at least and about 8/9 similar players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Degag wrote: »
    Was referring to Miyachi and not Bogdan.

Ah. Bogdan was mentioned in the post you replied to... I see my mistake. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

Hello all, first time poster.

What would you do with Valencia at this stage if you had him? I've lost 0.6 on him and his place is under threat from Young now. Or should I keep and hope for the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Maverick91 wrote: »
    Hello all, first time poster.

What would you do with Valencia at this stage if you had him? I've lost 0.6 on him and his place is under threat from Young now. Or should I keep and hope for the best?

Hard to say how Fergie will manage a fit trio of NaniValencia/Young

• Advertisement

I think Valencia should play because he's the best of the 3, but after Young scoring a brace at the weekend I wonder if Ferguson will give him a run in the team...

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Going against my own advice here

4 point hit

Jones out - Enrique in

Selling it to myself by virtue of the fact that Liverpool only need one clean sheet to make it worthwhile, and sunderland won't have Sess

I see that game finishing 0-0

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Going against my own advice here

4 point hit

Jones out - Enrique in

Selling it to myself by virtue of the fact that Liverpool only need one clean sheet to make it worthwhile, and sunderland won't have Sess

I see that game finishing 0-0

Sounds decent. You can always get Evans in who's cheaper and will probably play more games than Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Maverick91 wrote: »
    Sounds decent. You can always get Evans in who's cheaper and will probably play more games than Jones.

that's the plan for next week!

I can absorb one Evans price rise, but if he goes up twice before the weekend it scuppers my scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Did Walcott limp off yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Did Walcott limp off yesterday?

Yep, and I thought of you when I saw it lol. I saw you had him in your wc team!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

carlcon wrote: »
    Very unlikely. Probably best to look towards their defence if you're considering them for the DGW.

Suarez will come good this DGW ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just looking into it there finally, seemingly have to take at least a 4 point hit to bring in the one player I want. Ugh!

Need to offload Lindegaard I think as soon as possible now. Been getting away with him for long enough. Valencia has his problems. Richards I kinda want out as he's been a disaster since I brought him back in when Kompany is suspended. With it being a DGW, want to bring in Skrtel too. So it could be a 8 point hit quite possibly.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yep, and I thought of you when I saw it lol. I saw you had him in your wc team!

Balls. Trying to follow updates on the game yesterday while horse riding... not easy! Sounds like it was a cracking game though. I remember something about Walcott limping off but did a quick search this morning and can't find anything on it.

Will be annoyed if he doesn't play though, hes a great differential. Rosicky could be a good buy for anyone looking for a cheap midfielder, seems to be a regular starter now and has played brilliantly since he came back into the team. Scored the crucial goal against Spurs and was incredible in that game, and seems to have scored again last night.

For those looking at throwing RVP the armband this weekend, remember that these extra games can take their toll. Rooney and Suarez look better options IMO

Rosicky was superb again last night. 5.7m well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

For those looking at throwing RVP the armband this weekend, remember that these extra games can take their toll. Rooney and Suarez look better options IMO

yea for any other player maybe but RVP is really the only person who scores for Arsenal and he has been doing it all season and mid week games haven't had an effect on him..I made the mistake of not putting him captain last 2 weeks so I an gonna stick to him...thank god Silva didn't play last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Zabaletta out for a min two weeks for city so richards should start next few games for anyone thinking of getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »

I'd be afraid he'd be rested against Newcastle though. For a player with a history of injury problems, he's played quite alot of matches in the last few weeks.

Lemlin wrote: »

I'd be afraid he'd be rested against Newcastle though. For a player with a history of injury problems, he's played quite alot of matches in the last few weeks.

Possibly. Worth keeping an eye on though

Definitely for the rest of the season after this gameweek alright. Arsenal are now out of all Cups so their players should be well rested each week.

There'll be a big push on to nail that fourth spot as well.

• Advertisement

Definitely for the rest of the season after this gameweek alright. Arsenal are now out of all Cups so their players should be well rested each week.

There'll be a big push on to nail that fourth spot as well.

That's what scares me. As a Liverpool fan I desperately want fourth. I hope Arsenal's tendency to implode rings true! Or Spurs! I don't really care! I just want fourth! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Suarez will come good this DGW ;)

*Wild incoherent rant about Suarez*

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Yep, same. The wildcard is a dangerous thing... was getting bored of having the same players! Got rid of BAE, Bale, Aguero, Sess and possibly looking at Ba now!
    how is your ex doing?

F**k knows. Depends on whether she thinks Van Persie is good looking I reckon.

It's always the same...;) Had a transfer strategy set in stone for GW28 and now I have 4 options that I am contemplating...there's a lot to be said for kneejerk Saturday night transfers!

I had 2 free transfers. I have already used 1 to transfer in Rooney at the expense of Aguero. I'm happy with that. Now here comes the tricky part.

I see GW28 as a point of change. You get these gws where the medium-term fortunes of a number teams take a massive turn. Liverpool, United and Fulham have lovely fixtures for example.

So my current team is...

Krul
    Kompany - Huth - S.Kelly
    Bale - Silva - Siggurdson - Dempsey
    RVP - Rooney - Ba
    Subs: Vorm, Morrison (WBA), NTaylor, Santon

I was certain to do Huth to Skrtel but now have 5 different options haunting me...

A) Huth to Skrtel
    B) Huth to Evans
    C) Huth and Santon to Enrique and Evans (-4 points)
    D) Huth and Ba to Evans and Suarez (-4 points)
    E) Huth and Krul to Evans and Reina (-4 points)

Gah my head!!! I'm even considering Suarez...what's wrong with me! :rolleyes:

I was certain to do Huth to Skrtel but now have 5 different options haunting me...

A) Huth to Skrtel
    B) Huth to Evans
    C) Huth and Santon to Enrique and Evans (-4 points)
    D) Huth and Ba to Evans and Suarez (-4 points)
    E) Huth and Krul to Evans and Reina (-4 points)

Gah my head!!! I'm even considering Suarez...what's wrong with me! :rolleyes:

Is there any don't get rid of Robert Huth option!? ;)

Is there any don't get rid of Robert Huth option!? ;)

Grrr, if I do, i'll be listing 28 options! Huth goes. Bad fixtures, lots of money invested in him. Out!

Just do your first hunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Is it worth taking a 4 point hit to get a Liverpool mid in for Sessegnon this week? I usually get a little over excited about these DGWs and end up with lots of dead wood afterwards but at the moment I don't have any DGW players.

I can only afford either Spearing/Henderson/Maxi Rodriguez

• Advertisement

Grrr, if I do, i'll be listing 28 options! Huth goes. Bad fixtures, lots of money invested in him. Out!

I'd go with D) Huth and Ba to Evans and Suarez (-4 points) but only if you are happy to get rid of Suarez after the double gameweek. He's not for keeping IMO (unless he has an unbelievable week and finally discovers an end product).

Huth to Evans is simple. Has to be done. I'd even do it now and reassess your other options later in the week.

I wouldn't be bringing in a Liverpool defender/goalkeeper at the minute with Agger out and Carragher playing.

So I'd do Huth and Ba to Evans and Suarez or just Huth to Evans and leave it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement