Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have You Ever Wondered Who Dustin The Turkeys Puppeteer is?

• 02-04-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I would love to know who he is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

John Morrison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

The puppeteer for zag went to school where i did and used to be great friends with a guy up the street who went out with my aunt. When he came down to pick her up once, myself and little brother (both around the 4 or 5 mark) started asking him what he did.

He brought me out to his car, popped the boot which the intentions of being the aunt's cool new BF to show two small children the lifeless form of zag in the boot.

We cried for hours. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

RedXIV wrote:
    The puppeteer for zag went to school where i did and used to be great friends with a guy up the street who went out with my aunt. When he came down to pick her up once, myself and little brother (both around the 4 or 5 mark) started asking him what he did.

He brought me out to his car, popped the boot which the intentions of being the aunt's cool new BF to show two small children the lifeless form of zag in the boot.

We cried for hours.
    lol, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

HouseHippo - don't make defamatory comments regarding people you don't know. Posts deleted. Do it again and you'll get a 2 week ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

John Morrison.

brother of Ciaran who plays Zig/Rodge, their other brother plays Socky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Have always wanted to know who it was. Was half thinking a few times of ringing in fix it Friday to find out who done Dustin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I tend to use google for stuff like that.

I understand you have to put in the huge effort yourself, but It's far less irritating than listening to Mairead Farrell and Ray D'arcy talking utter crap for two hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭book smarts

Loud, annoying, and not funny in the slightest. Podge and Rodge have been getting away with slagging everyone rudely for years while hiding behind their puppets. Cowards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i'm still smirking at that post RedXIV!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

conjamuk wrote: »
    Have you ever wondered who dustin the turkeys puppeteer is?

No...just you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Morgans

There was an episode of Fr. Ted where there is an extremely annoying character who is put in a broom cupboard. Talks about boilers and what's your favourite humming noise? He was the original dustin if i remember correctly.

I'm sure some Ted head can fill the neccessary blanks in the story.

Father Purcell, the most boring priest in the world, with a penchant for long rambling conversations about lagging jackets and raffle ticket colours was played by an actor called Ben Keaton, who , to be fair , sounds a little bit like John Morrison. (The only performer to voice Dustin)

Mr Keaton has never actually had his hand up a turkey's hole, but that hasn't stopped people to this day confusing "Sounds a little bit like" with "actually is"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Vain wrote: »
    .....to find out who done Dustin.

Resisting the urge for schoolboy humour, I have to say that RedXIV's story above is the best ouch/hahaha/cringe story I've heard in a LONNNNNG time!

Don't even know which smiley to put here......

:eek: :D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I have a couple of Zag/Podge stories, but given their penchant for anonimity i'm not sure i can post them here. Suffice to say Zag/Podge, in contrast with his characters couldnt be a nicer bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I have a couple of Zag/Podge stories, but given their penchant for anonimity i'm not sure i can post them here. Suffice to say Zag/Podge, in contrast with his characters couldnt be a nicer bloke.

Really worthwhile post - you have a good story that you cant tell. great.

However, the guy that does Dustin is one of the most consistently funny performers that I have seen. Whether he is on The Late Late, behind the scenes at The All Ireland Talent Show etc etc, he is always very funny. An attribute that is certainly unique to him in RTE. Maybe he should get The Late Late Show.

the guy that does Dustin is one of the most consistently funny performers that I have seen.

He's certainly consistent. After that, our opinions differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Resisting the urge for schoolboy humour, I have to say that RedXIV's story above is the best ouch/hahaha/cringe story I've heard in a LONNNNNG time!

Don't even know which smiley to put here......

:eek: :D:(

it's a family favourite. will probably be recited at my wedding :)

The guy who did zag, even though i only knew him as a kid, was still a really nice guy :D

(my story not included)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Mr E wrote: »
    HouseHippo - don't make defamatory comments regarding people you don't know. Posts deleted. Do it again and you'll get a 2 week ban.
    ROFL sorry it was still in After Hours,didn't know freedom of sppech and opinions wasn't allowed whoopsies

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

HouseHippo wrote: »
    ROFL sorry it was still in After Hours,didn't know freedom of sppech and opinions wasn't allowed whoopsies
    Gotta love the way you are all about "rights" while infringing others willy-nilly...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭GizAGoOfYerGee

Is this the voice of Dustin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

RedXIV wrote: »

We cried for hours. :(

I can only imagine how that must have looked for any neighbours or passers by that couldn't see into the boot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Really worthwhile post - you have a good story that you cant tell. great.

Ah leave him alone. It can happen to the best of us. I mean, I know who really shot Kennedy, only Im not supposed to say. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Dustin has to be the wittiest charachter on RTÉ. I have a huge amount of respect for John Morrison

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Please don't bump old threads..

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement