Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

• 18-02-2014 5:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭

maxresdefault.jpg

I've never in my life seen a Star Wars movie but I am excited for this game. I'd imagine it to be Battlefield 2143 using the Frostbite engine. More to come in the months ahead.

Some mockup pics...

Star-Wars-First-Assault-2.jpg
    6f88a329b6be94a05994697c74ba59230f00aab5.jpg__620x250_q85_crop_upscale.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

This is probably the most depressing thing I've seen all year. There's nothing I'd love more than a new star wars game, but after the shambles of MoH:Warfighter and BF4...doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

NOPE.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

GONNA BE UNREAL

I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Oh lord... some wee... on my leg..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I don't know but the prospect of running around in a AT-AT walker... or better yet, downing an AT-AT walker with a harpoon would be pretty savage imo..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Star Wars fans will know wtf this article is talking about. Me? I haven't a clue. lol

http://www.denofgeek.us/games/star-wars/232191/5-star-wars-battles-we-want-to-play-in-battlefront-3
    Noxin wrote: »
    I don't know but the prospect of running around in a AT-AT walker... or better yet, downing an AT-AT walker with a harpoon would be pretty savage imo..

BewCzzJCYAA87_d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

4Dlolz wrote: »

I've never in my life seen a Star Wars movie

Sort that out asap

Sort that out asap

By this he means watch 4/5/6.

1 is ok, 2 and 3 are cringe worthy!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Noxin wrote: »
    By this he means watch 4/5/6.

1 is ok, 2 and 3 are cringe worthy!

:eek:
    It's probably the worst movie ever made.

5uspect wrote: »
    :eek:
    It's probably the worst movie ever made.

Can't agree. I should say, by ok I mean tolerable. As in I watched it while half asleep when I left my brain elsewhere.
    2 and 3 are far worse. To see Anakin as such a bitch was just embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Battlefront 2 was, and still is, an epic game. Must have put 100's of hours into it on the Xbox. Funny thing is both the original Pandemic games have an option for first person and third person gameplay, always played in 3rd as it suited the games pace much better, never considered it an FPS although it technically was. Wonder would they leave the option in now, probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lukehandypants

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    This is probably the most depressing thing I've seen all year. There's nothing I'd love more than a new star wars game, but after the shambles of MoH:Warfighter and BF4...doesn't bear thinking about.

When u say shambles, could u be more specific?
    Because my bf4 has been fine it worked from the outset for me never crashed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Because my bf4 has been fine it worked from the outset for me never crashed at all.

Although my game generally works OK too, we are in a minority, so the game really is a shambles.

Although my game generally works OK too, we are in a minority, so the game really is a shambles.

I have read all the bitching and moaning on the battlelog forums, pc's are tricky buggers, everyone has got different hardware.
    Hey I know the thing should work right out to the box but it doesn't work like that anymore EA pull a date outta of their ass and that's the date the game will be released on even if the game isn't finished which it isn't.
    Only recently it's begun to feel like a finished game.
    Shame that had to drop the environmental stuff where the plants and tress react to the explosions.

I think it's better game than bf3, menus are great mini map much better and weapon progressions much smarter and of course voip although the amount of servers i play on that don't use voip...... People who don't use voip should have the game taken off them it's wasted on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Are you actually serious or trolling here? BF4 has been one of the worst game launches in history

miju wrote: »
    Are you actually serious or trolling here? BF4 has been one of the worst game launches in history

Been fine for me although it did feel unfinished in my post I say that.
    I blame EA more than dice.

Been fine for me although it did feel unfinished in my post I say that.
    I blame EA more than dice.

Both as bad as each other and I wouldnt be so quick not to lay blame at Dice's door.

EA have publicly stated they didnt push Dice to release the game and gave them their own schedule similiar to Titanfall and Respawn.

Difference between the two releases so far are massive (bearing in mind one is a beta)

EA have publicly stated they didnt push Dice to release the game and gave them their own schedule similiar to Titanfall and Respawn.

And DICE publicly said the opposite - that EA were pushing them to release it before COD BLOPS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Agreed. It should have been held back and released when ready (although I would have complained about having to wait so long to play it) but Dice would have to have been penalised for going over the deadline given. If it was indeed their fault.

**** it, its here now and Im fully hooked. LETS GO DRAGONS TEETH!

Both as bad as each other and I wouldnt be so quick not to lay blame at Dice's door.

Difference between the two releases so far are massive (bearing in mind one is a beta)

The difference is titan fall is built on an old engine, with small static maps and small player numbers on 3 platforms.

Bf 4 is a new engine, open sand box game with 64 players on fully destructible ever changing maps on 5 platforms.

If you want companies to take risks and try new things then you need to give them time. Bf is not a game you can test until it's in the wild due to the nature of the game being so random.

• Advertisement

Bf 4 is a new engine, open sand box game with 64 players on fully destructible ever changing maps on 5 platforms.

Because you dont always have to reinvent the wheel, or in the case of DICE reinvent the same engine for the 3rd time in a row as they did with Frostbite 3.

The fact it's a new engine doesnt make a valid excuse it means the engine wasn't finished or fit for purpose either.
    If you want companies to take risks and try new things then you need to give them time. Bf is not a game you can test until it's in the wild due to the nature of the game being so random.

Go look at my stats Im a massive BF fanboy with over 2,500 hrs racked up across all the games but I'm sorry this is pure excuse making for DICE as their QA is not just bad it's terrible.

There not only were alot of basic bugs that were obvious if you played the game for a few minutes but take the Second Assult maps as well. In BF3 DICE patched out the out of map glitches and other various glitches in Metro. Yet somehow in BF4 Metro the exact same glitch methods work.

This to me speaks volumes, that they knew about certain map glitches went to the trouble of patching them in BF3 but reintroduced them in BF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

That's would be fine if they'd given us a decent beta or used the early access model of Dayz and others.
    Instead we got a beta two weeks prior to launch, which didn't give them enough time to fix anything, and charged full price on release.

Bf is not a game you can test until it's in the wild due to the nature of the game being so random.
    Yes, to some extent. Some of the initial bugs were so easy to recreate it's doubtful there was 50 hours of testing done on the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭4Dlolz

Not sure if anyone here has heard of Star Citizen but I think DICE can learn a lot from them and to try and implement some of it's idea's in BATTLEFRONT or the Battlefield series going forward. I don't think I've played a game that looks quite this immersive.

StarCitizenShip.jpg
    star-citizen-space.jpg
    281013135424_0.jpg

But aside from the bugs, glitches and all the other things wrong with the game, I still think it's a pretty amazing game, when it's played properly with friends with comms all communicating and workin as a squad.
    Otherwise I find the game a complete waste of time and I find people who play it like a headless chicken are only scratching the surface of the game and it is wasted on them.
    The team play aspect is the most satisfing aspect of the game for me.

But aside from the bugs, glitches and all the other things wrong with the game, I still think it's a pretty amazing game, when it's played properly with friends with comms all communicating and workin as a squad.
    Otherwise I find the game a complete waste of time and I find people who play it like a headless chicken are only scratching the surface of the game and it is wasted on them.
    The team play aspect is the most satisfing aspect of the game for me.

I would love if they altered the squad spawn system though. They had a great idea in MOHW where you could spawn on your buddy as long as he was not in direct danger.

One thing I hate in BF is when you get the drop on a guy kill him, only for two of his buddies to spawn next to him and you have no hope.

I would love if they altered the squad spawn system though. They had a great idea in MOHW where you could spawn on your buddy as long as he was not in direct danger.

One thing I hate in BF is when you get the drop on a guy kill him, only for two of his buddies to spawn next to him and you have no hope.

I don't get what u mean by drop in on a guy and kill him, sounds like your spawning on the other team.....

I don't get what u mean by drop in on a guy and kill him, sounds like your spawning on the other team.....

Read his post again.

Read his post again.

It kinda tells u on the little screen in the left hand corner of the spawn screen it flashes up warning meaning the person ur gonna spawn on is under fire.

• Advertisement

It kinda tells u on the little screen in the left hand corner of the spawn screen it flashes up warning meaning the person ur gonna spawn on is under fire.

No when you shoot the enemy and as you empty the clip into him two others magically appear out of thin air and kill you.

There should be a spawn counter so if the soldier you want to spawn on is under fire you can't spawn on him.

Advertisement