Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dental Care UK

Options
  • 12-10-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Are dental treatments free in the UK and can I just go over there to get it? Has anyone ever done this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Are dental treatments free in the UK and can I just go over there to get it? Has anyone ever done this?

no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Its not free But is a smaller change than Irish dentists.

You will need to register for a NHS number which for me was to prove I lived in the area for a minimum of 3 months and then find a dentist that has space for NHS treatments. ( most are semi private so only take on a certain amount of NHS work)

In other words don't bother, you need to live in the UK to use the NHS. Its also Illegal as your not a resident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

In what weird world do you think the uk tax payer will pay for your dental work. If you have a medical card you can get basic dental work for free,if you don't have a medical card en you pay for it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Give it a go, let us know how you get on...!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

Im thinking of moving over there and i was just wondering if the treatments available for medical card holders in ireland are the same for people in uk. obviously i never thought u could just walk into a dentists, get your teeth whitened and walk out! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Im thinking of moving over there and i was just wondering if the treatments available for medical card holders in ireland are the same for people in uk. obviously i never thought u could just walk into a dentists, get your teeth whitened and walk out! :)

if you want to get free treatment in the UK, you have to be
    * under 18
    * aged 18 in full time education
    * in receipt of income support
    * in receipt of job seekers allowance
    * on family tax credits
    * on pension credit
    * pregnant
    * mother of a child under 1 year old.

blow ins aren't eligible for treatment unless they have been resident for a certain amount of time, and you need a national insurance number.

Advertisement