Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Operation Transformation

• 04-01-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Any one watching this year? Just seen the first 3 leaders they seem lovely so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Yep, v likeable so far. Just set myself up to follow grace! Have 2lbs to lose for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭gifted

Why do they cry all the time...honestly, the exact same as the crowd last year, cry at the slightest thing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Yeah its a bit of a laugh isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭louise5754

Anyone else think the 3rd leader (Grace?) is stunning? Imagine when she loses some weight aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

This up on the player yet?

• Advertisement

The leaders all look lovely, however it seems to me that the chosen leaders are guaranteed rapid weight loss if they do the work.

It's more difficult for women over 40 to lose weight but they're not represented at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jollyman2

I was one of the final 24 there tonight, and Grace is lovely all the leaders are actually.

I just think the two men they picked are very similar, behinde the scenes and the cameras they try to play on your heart strings as much as possible to make you cry though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

it's a little frustrating that it's always really obese people that are chosen as leaders.these shows never get a leader with a bmi of 27-29 and bring them down.
    I can see that girl from limerick being like that girl from last season who didn't re-appear for the 6 month follow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

louise5754 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the 3rd leader (Grace?) is stunning? Imagine when she loses some weight aswell.

yep , she hotttttttttttt

id give her .......................................................... a sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kayleigh is also a very attractive girl and so is the other girl Natalie - all 3 girls have beautiful faces so I'd say they'll be gorgeous when they lose the weight and look and feel healthier :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The cork woman will struggle with the smoking.
    I noticed others wearing what appeared to be nicotine patches.

The "starting point" jog at the end was pretty stark though.
    It will be a struggle, but I think they will make it.

The cork woman will struggle with the smoking.
    I noticed others wearing what appeared to be nicotine patches.

The "starting point" jog at the end was pretty stark though.
    It will be a struggle, but I think they will make it.

I dont think they all ran it last year. From memory I passed one or two and they were walking it. To go from running 50-200metres to 5k in 7 weeks in tough going to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Your probably right, though I think a 5K jog in 7 weeks is very possible

The 2 gents may make a good stab at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

Do they go out of their way to select whingers for TV purposes are is that a general weakness in fatties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Anyone notice the eating plan, yer one has the women on 1000 calories a day! Most professionals would say 1200 is the minimum level one should go to in order to avoid throwing your body into starvation mode.

SBWife wrote: »
    Anyone notice the eating plan, yer one has the women on 1000 calories a day! Most professionals would say 1200 is the minimum level one should go to in order to avoid throwing your body into starvation mode.

I didnt notice that but I did have a glance at some of the recipes and thought they were pretty bland. The vegetarian lasagne for example, didnt seem to have any chunks of veg such as squash or courgette, just a tomato sauce and pasta. bit dull..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

digzy wrote: »
    it's a little frustrating that it's always really obese people that are chosen as leaders.these shows never get a leader with a bmi of 27-29 and bring them down.

Umm.. Grace isn't obese never mind really obese she's in the overweight category you've just described.

This under 1200 cals is not fully accepted, there are 800 calories diets some patients are put on by doctors for blood sugar levels.
    So with all the medical supervision and professional planning out all your meals and exercise that shouldn't happen to them.. as for anyone else following it I'm skeptical that its the right approach for everyone to follow, in the long term some people would be better off reducing their calories over time or at least down to 1500 and then maybe 1300, 1200.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Saw this last night and I notice that this show is the same as every other show on TV these days - tears, tears and more tears.

Now, I really hope they all do well and lose weight, but whats with the whole "I'm hurting my family and I don't want to die early and leave them (blubber, blubber, tears, tears)" - did you not realise this years ago? Why does it take a TV programme to make you see your gluttony?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

saa wrote: »
    Umm.. Grace isn't obese never mind really obese she's in the overweight category you've just described.

This under 1200 cals is not fully accepted, there are 800 calories diets some patients are put on by doctors for blood sugar levels.
    So with all the medical supervision and professional planning out all your meals and exercise that shouldn't happen to them.. as for anyone else following it I'm skeptical that its the right approach for everyone to follow, in the long term some people would be better off reducing their calories over time or at least down to 1500 and then maybe 1300, 1200.

I dunno I think it's part of the tv program design. Put them on a low call diet, have them bet the target week two, then have people start to cheat the following week so some meet target some don't, by week four others start to plateau. It's better tv then following a slightly higher calorie diet without all the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

grace is a fantastic looking woman .when she loses some weight she will be unreal !!!!!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

twincamman wrote: »
    grace is a fantastic looking woman .when she loses some weight she will be unreal !!!!!!!1

Is that the girl with the dark hair and a fringe and who was concerned about her father? Yeah she's very pretty alright. If she lost a stone or so, it would do her the world of difference:)

ya thats her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

NIMAN wrote: »
    Saw this last night and I notice that this show is the same as every other show on TV these days - tears, tears and more tears.

Now, I really hope they all do well and lose weight, but whats with the whole "I'm hurting my family and I don't want to die early and leave them (blubber, blubber, tears, tears)" - did you not realise this years ago? Why does it take a TV programme to make you see your gluttony?

Maybe because they're finally admitting that they have a problem, and they've been living in denial all along?

its on rte again tonight at 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think Kayleigh looks like Evanne Ní Chuillinn.. she was very honest on The Saturday Night Show.. She seems like a sweet girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Yeah, Kayleigh seems like a nice girl, I like Grace too, and Adrian - hell, they're all lovely! And doing well so far, fair play to them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

They're a lovely group of leaders. I thought it was lovely when about 150 people turned out to join Adrian on his walk. He's a likeable guy. I'm following Grace as she is a similar build and close in age to me and her progress this week has put me to shame! Well done to all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Grace is a stunner indeed. She's one of those people whose face looks good no matter what weight they are.

Natalie looks gorgeous in that motivational picture she stuck up.

im following killian but keeps an eye out for grace.she is yummy !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'd say the woman that owns the greasy spoon in Adrian's village is gonna beat Ava Orsmond to death with her frying pan..

Advertisement