Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Just got myself a Brooklyn summer ale, rogue amber ale, rogue dead guy ale & ruthless rye. There was a new left hand stout in but I didn't buy it.
    Summer ale is refreshing and clean tasting. Gentle start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Bottle of guiness foreign extra and torpedo for tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Picked up the following

BrewDog Paradox Whisky Aged Imperial Stout
    Neuschwansteiner Weihnachts-Bier
    Sierra Nevada Porter
    Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye
    Schlenkerla Rauchbier
    Brooklyn Black Ops Bourbon Aged Stout

A few are new on me, but I absolutely love the Neuschwansteiner Weihnachts-Bier, and the Schlenkerla is one of my new favourites.

Picked up the following

BrewDog Paradox Whisky Aged Imperial Stout
    Neuschwansteiner Weihnachts-Bier
    Sierra Nevada Porter
    Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye
    Schlenkerla Rauchbier
    Brooklyn Black Ops Bourbon Aged Stout

A few are new on me, but I absolutely love the Neuschwansteiner Weihnachts-Bier, and the Schlenkerla is one of my new favourites.

All that must have set you back a few bob

Forty odd quid

• Advertisement

Forty odd quid

fCUK, although the Black Ops would be a big chunk of it, where did you pick these up, would really like to try a Rauch

Schneider Weisse Tap 2 Mein Kristall.

One of my favorites.

stuchyg wrote: »
    fCUK, although the Black Ops would be a big chunk of it, where did you pick these up, would really like to try a Rauch

Carry Out in Ashtown. I picked up that particular Rauch on a recommendation from this thread actually, it's supposed to be the Rauchiest of the Rauchbiers, and it's absolutely delicious.

The SN Ruthless Rye IPA is pretty good, and the SN Porter is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Rogue Brutal IPA - Not the strongest of the IPA's but still bitter and I found it quite piney.
    Better IPA's out there for cheaper but not the worst I have tasted.

Worthington's White Shield -I found it quite mild with a slight hop kick at the end. Ok not a bad beer does the job. I had some sediment but not too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

Bottle of guiness foreign extra and torpedo for tonight

That's a good pair right there.

Having a St Bernardus Abt 12 myself. Filled a swingtop bottle from the tap at the Abbot's Ale House. Absolutely delicious.

• Advertisement

Carry Out in Ashtown. I picked up that particular Rauch on a recommendation from this thread actually, it's supposed to be the Rauchiest of the Rauchbiers, and it's absolutely delicious.

The SN Ruthless Rye IPA is pretty good, and the SN Porter is amazing.

Yeah iv had this years Rye, twas v good. Just having my guiness foreign xtra now, why doesnt all guiness taste like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Rauchbier can do strange things to a man. The only beer I sometimes crave!! I think its the meatiness!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

La Trappe Blond

Mmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Schneider weisse tap 1, yum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dungarvan Mahon Falls Rye pale ale, its nice but its not as nice as it was at the beer festival, it had a much hoppier aroma at the festivals. Don't like the name either! Slight letdown overall, not a bad beer, just expected it to be nicer.

Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye is hitting the 'ryeth' spot though!! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Bottle of guiness foreign extra...

I'm also sipping a glass of this. It's a great beer but makes me feel so lethargic!

The wikipedia page is surprisingly informative, as a side note.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Tried a nice Donegal Blonde tonight, will be returning for some more..

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

grenache wrote: »
    Tried a nice Donegal Blonde tonight, will be returning for some more..

has she got a friend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

O'Hara's IPA
    Brewdog IPA
    Affligem Blonde
    1906 Reserva especial spanish beer (New one for me)
    Belle Rose Beer.

- All in the fridge and ready for consumption tonight!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

upforit101 wrote: »

1906 Reserva especial spanish beer (New one for me)

That's Estrella de Galicia. The Reserva's ok but the regular version is one of Spain's poorer beers.

• Advertisement

Ravelleman wrote: »
    That's Estrella de Galicia. The Reserva's ok but the regular version is one of Spain's poorer beers.

Oh right, I don't like Estrells de gallicia at all. The 1906 is in superquinn and it's 6.5% abv - so I'll give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Ravelleman wrote: »

Are there any nice Spanish beers though? All I remember from Spanish pubs was estrella mahou cruz campo and San Miguel. Nice/craft beer if it exists in Spain was non evident in any pub.

Scortho wrote: »
    Are there any nice Spanish beers though? All I remember from Spanish pubs was estrella mahou cruz campo and San Miguel. Nice/craft beer if it exists in Spain was non evident in any pub.

Depends where you go, really. I spend quite a lot of time in Valladolid and there are a number of places that serve craft beer. You just have to prepared to pay more for your 330ml bottle than for your jarra of frothy lager.

I actually did a thread on some of my Spanish craft beer explorations about a year ago. You'll find it if you search for it.

You'd find some craft beer places in Barcelona, Bilbao and Toledo too. Those are the ones that spring to mind at the moment.

One of the beers I picked up from Toledo would actually go down as one of my top three IPAs.

Scortho wrote: »

I really like Barcelona's "Moritz" Beer - The regular Moritz is a classic, refreshing, Czech/Munich style lager - absolutely gorgeous in the Barcelona Heat!
    I visited the "Fabrica" Moritz (Moritz brewery/Bar/Restaurant in Barcelona) a few weeks back - really nice tapas and beer there.
    Youtube Review
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfbSclrE3us

Moritz "Epidor" Beer Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFqwi6q5YbM

Fabrica Moritz

http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn/nightlife/microbreweries-barcelona/la-fabrica-mortiz

upforit101 wrote: »
    I really like Barcelona's "Moritz" Beer - The regular Moritz is a classic, refreshing, Czech/Munich style lager - absolutely gorgeous in the Barcelona Heat!

I haven't tried Epidor but the regular Moritz is a pretty generic pale lager, in my view, although it has a slightly murkier quality than most. Made with Saaz hops but a classic Czech-style beer it is not. Given a choice between that an Estrella Damm, I'd probably go for Moritz though. Best of a bad bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Has anyone tried 'left hand nitro' yet? Saw it in the OL but didn't buy

Currently enjoying my first ever bottle of duvel, surprised I hadnt had this before. Have a bottle of Fullers Mighty Atom next

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Currently enjoying my first ever bottle of duvel, surprised I hadnt had this before. Have a bottle of Fullers Mighty Atom next

What size of a bottle? I've 75 cl to get me started tonight! Lovely stuff, IMO.

What size of a bottle? I've 75 cl to get me started tonight! Lovely stuff, IMO.

330ml just, was pretty happy with it, but for a euro extra you can get a bottle of Rochefort 8 which blows it out of the water imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Had a 3 bottles of moose head IPA that have been in my fridge for a few months today, think I got a six pack at christmas and didn't really enjoy it so left 3 in the fridge nothing else in today so cracked them open and really enjoyed them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement