Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Beckham Microscopic Barrel

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if any of you can recommend any reputable survey sites. I'd like if the site rewarded with vouchers because I don't like money transfer over the internet (my mother doesn't like me using her card). I've signed to Irish Opinions, but I've heard it's <SNIP>. Is it reputable, or do they forever say "You don't match the desired criteria".

Thanks.

Ive done quet a few of their surveys and have a nice little pot building up.
    Its frustrating when you answer a pile of questions to be told your unsuitable :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dark Stanley.

I've just passed the €400.00 mark. Yes I know its a pain when you fill out half the survey, and then they tell you the quota has been filled. If your cute! you can easily by-pass the obvious.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I've just passed the €400.00 mark. Yes I know its a pain when you fill out half the survey, and then they tell you the quota has been filled. If your cute! you can easily by-pass the obvious.;)

I hope they don't owe you €400 now? If so, please claim your tokens asap. You never know when smallish businesses like this will dissappear.

€400.00 paid. €20.00 coming, and €18.40 pending. Better than a slap in the face with a wet Mackerel.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Beckham Microscopic Barrel

Whats the obvious ??:eek:

• Advertisement

That's for me to know, and you to wonder at.

When you fill in enough of them you know what's question is coming up next. You can make a mash of it. Because you're busy, or you can answer, and make some coupons/money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Decker Clever Programmer

That's for me to know, and you to wonder at.

When you fill in enough of them you know what's question is coming up next. You can make a mash of it. Because you're busy, or you can answer, and make some coupons/money.

That's exactly how I've been doing them, in fairness you can usually tell from the first few questions what direction it's going in.

I joined last February and have had €70 in Amazon vouchers, another €11.50 pending, and I always get Amazon vouchers. If I got Tesco ones I'd probably buy food. Surveys are strictly for books and DVD Boxset treats :) I'm surprised at the number of people who think it's a scam? The only thing that hacks me off is the amount of time it takes to go from 'pending' to actually getting the reward. Still - isn't it nice to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 17kylejohnson

I have registered with them about 1.5 years ago. At the beginning I was not receiving any survey, then the surveys start to come in. I got the first €10 voucher, after which the frequency of the surveys increased significantly.
    I completed a number of them, enough for a further €10 voucher. They never sent the second voucher, claiming all sort of lame excuses (system back logged, voucher lost in the mail, etc.). I too have came across surveys which would ask me a good few questions and then tell me that I was not qualifying for the survey. Even worse, I completed a survey and have never been given the reward.

I start to think that this website is a scam.

How long did it take them to send out the voucher in the post after you were notified of it, because i have just reached 10 euro and requested a voucher. I'm just wondering how long I should be expecting to wait? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

How long did it take them to send out the voucher in the post after you were notified of it, because i have just reached 10 euro and requested a voucher. I'm just wondering how long I should be expecting to wait? thanks

I think my last one took 3 weeks and i find that they usually arrive between 2-4 weeks. Love receiving those little vouchers!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Anyone else having trouble logging into their Irish Opinions account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭bk109

Yeah,i thought it was just me (I'm getting an wrong user/password since the early afternoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

I just logged in about 30 seconds ago and i didn't have any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blessojo

I have been on this site for about 2 years, i'm up to €30 but i hav'nt tried to collect any voucher yet. if you don't get to a survey very quickly they fill up and you won't qualify. it's a long time and a lot of surveys to make only €30. Think i'll get my vouchers and get out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

My experiences have been much more positive lately (I complained a couple of months ago about the amount of time your money spent pending).

On average, I receive a survey every week day, usually to the value of €1 or €1.50.

I used to get Tesco vouchers, but I'm saving up at the minute to buy a Kindle on Amazon with my vouchers. I should have it before Christmas.

I wouldn't leave money pending on your account too long if you're over €10. If you can't decide, you can always claim an Amazon voucher and that's valid for two years. Otherwise, a Tesco voucher takes two-three weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I joined in May 2010. and I've gotten 50euro since then, I usually go for the Tesco vouchers. I've been getting loads of surveys to do recently! it's great I just got my last tenner a week ago and I have 6.75 built up again already.
    When I first joined I found they were really slow at offering me surveys to do and didn't offer my enough but I get loads of offers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Wouldn't leave money pending long?

My current balance is €115
    And I have claimed €100

If I want to buy something big off amazon say for €100 can i use €100 of my vouchers or do amazon only allow one €10 voucher at a time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

kev250 wrote: »
    Wouldn't leave money pending long?

My current balance is €115
    And I have claimed €100

If I want to buy something big off amazon say for €100 can i use €100 of my vouchers or do amazon only allow one €10 voucher at a time?

Claim your vouchers. 100 is a lot to leave in your balance. Amazon vouchers are valid for two years once claimed, and you can use multiple vouchers in one transaction, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

Been on this site for 2 years now. Gotten €110 worth of Tesco vouchers out of it and currently have €80+ built up. Going to get something big off Amazon in a while and these vouchers will certainly help!

leggit wrote: »
    d currently have €80+ built up.

Claim it now. In the current environment, smaller companies like this are going bust every day. Better to have the vouchers in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

cat_dog wrote: »

I sometimes get this after finishing a survey. Check the URL: sometimes there is a UK URL(research now or something) - type in irishopinions.com and you'll be able to log in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Finley Tiny Fir

I keep getting surveys where I answer questions on products bought, brands recognised etc and then told they are at the quota. many times they have asked for enough details to build stats with but don't count it as a reward. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

cat_dog wrote: »

I can't log in since the weekend. Had a balance on my account which I wanted to collect in amazon vouchers but can't get in at all. I tried the "forgot my password" option to reset my password (even though I know what my password was) but it says my email address is not registered. It is registered. I have numerous mails from them and have cashed in balances previously. I emailed them at the weekend but only got an automatic reply.
    Anyone know if there is a phone number for these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Works well for me. Taken in about 60 Euro in last year. Not to onerous time wise typically. Every penny counts these days

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

Did anyone take the McDonald's/fast food survey a few days ago? It had a promised reward of €0.50 - €1.50.

I completed the survey, but it's only credited my account with €0.01. I e-mailed them days ago and haven't received a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ariadne1

I received Tesco vouchers from Irish Opinions before, but my last 10 euro card was sent to me unactivated. I had the embarrassment of being told in Tesco's at the checkout that the gift card was blank.

I emailed <SNIP> who told me to go back to Tesco's! I contacted their office, they said the card had no credits on it and none used.
    i then recontacted Irish Opinions by email to <SNIP> and they have ignored my emails and done nothing about the unactivated card, worth ) and not 10 euros.
    any suggestions? any other way to contact them? i thought they were an honest company, now I have my doubts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Finley Tiny Fir

I don't mind being asked Name, sex, address, occupation etc and then being told they are at their quota. But 80% of the surveys I get go as far as asking make and model of cars, brands of snacks recognised and purchased, etc before (12 questions later) saying thanks but no thanks. Seem to be gathering a fair amount of material without having to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EagleWhite

One of the surveys couple of days ago drove me mad when at 90% completed the said "sorry".

EagleWhite wrote: »
    One of the surveys couple of days ago drove me mad when at 90% completed the said "sorry".

I asked them about this before and they said that it is dynamic, i.e. it depends what other users are completing surveys at the same time as you. If someone else matching your criteria finished their survey just as you moved to 90%, they kick you out then. This isn't acceptable. There should be a 'point of no return'. If they've taken say 25% of your answers, then they should let you finish and get your reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

So you pretty much have to hop to it when you see the mail notification, then.

I've been doing pretty well on it this year - €40 earned this year to date and at this rate, I'm bound to earn another voucher by the end of the quarter. Sweet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

Hi,

Did anyone sign up to do the recent survey re the above? Basically you sent a text when you saw an ad/got a flyer etc about those providers. The deal was you sent the texts filled in an online diary and at the end of 7 days got 12euro and reimbursed for texts (international) sent.

It was all going fine for me until day 7, then got a text asking me to go online to submit diary and finish survey. Problem is, my "submit survey" button hasn't appeared. I've e mailed the company Mesh planning a few times and irish opinions twice and so far have gotten only automated responses. Getting a little pi**ed off as I got the email t complete the survey 6 days ago :mad:

Advertisement