Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

89.9 Spirit FM - Ireland's first Christian Radio Station

• 14-02-2004 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

Ireland's first Christian Radio station is on the air every weekend, from Midnight Friday to Midnight Sunday, on 89.9FM in the Dublin area.

I share an office with Spirit FM, and I'll be a guest DJ from 4 to 5 pm this Sunday. Last time I was on, I played the Trogdor song and the Soviet National Anthem. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If we count people with no licences, it isn't the first :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

This is good news for ICB/UCB, they were told 11 years ago that a christian radio station would be illeagle!
    Now the can push for a licence and switch to FM, I can't wait to tell Mr. Boyle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Gosh, as a programming suggestion might I suggest you could deliver some of the news in Latin, like the Finnish Station yleradio1
    In the spirit of ecumenism of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 drowningbeetle

just to let you know that Spirit Fm is back on air on the 27th of January!!!
    its also got a new frequency which is 94.4 FM :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 buellershow

Sounds excellent too. I've always been into a wide variety of music, especially Phantom styled music, and Spirit has played some very good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

This is Spirit's last weekend.

I'm doing the news tomorrow and Sunday afternoon.

The future of Christian radio in Ireland is looking good though. There should be a couple of stations around the country in the next 6 months.
    Also, it's looking likely there'll be a national one on AM.

Please pray that this last weekend reaches its full potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lone_wolf

Call_Me,Stan:
    good job on the last weekend of broadcasting at Spirit. Are there any other christian stations broadcasting on the Irish wavelengths at the moment, do you know? I hope to hear you guys back on air soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

Thanx,
    the station is having a meeting on Thursday next week to decide where we go from here.

UCB is being broadcast (illegally for now, but that may change) on MW, I'm not sure what the frequency is but it's roughly the MW equivalent of 89.9fm.

There are a couple of other stations springing up in Athlone, Dundalk and I think, Cork, but I'm not sure on the details. I'm not sure on the details.

Btw, if anyone is interested in getting involved in Spirit, contact them at info@spirit.ie .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Carole M

No one has mentioned that this new station is blocking BBC Radio 2 which has a high listenership in Ireland. Apparently nobody cares, yet if BBC 1 television was blocked by a new Irish TV Station,l there would be uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Your first post was to drag up a 5-year old thread to bitch about a station that has been granted a licence to broadcast on that particular frequency? Great. Thanks. Together we might just bear this tragedy.

Or instead of getting all offended and throwing around silly accusations you might just want to go here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement