Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prank or something more sinister?

Options
  • 14-04-2014 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Everyone,

First time posting to PI, i wanted to get some outside perspective

This morn my OH gets a call from a girl she says "its me X, I got your number in X Nightclub (which is the club my bf DJs in) you gave it to me remember."
    He replies, im sorry but i have a girlfriend and have no idea who u are. She says you werent acting like u had a girlfriend that night. He goes mad and she says fair enough and hangs up.

We both want to know whats going on so we search for her no. on facebook, the girls profile pops up and we see she has a mutual friend (friend Y)with my OH. He messages said friend, gets very angry and demands to know whats going on.

Y explains saying it was her housemate who stole her phone and rang lots of different people "pranking them" saying the same thing it was a drunk mistake

Friend Y and my OH have slept together on a number of occasions. I suggest she may have feelings for him or something and is doing this on purpose. He believes her and says it was just a bad joke, to which i point out

a) the housemate rang his number from her own phone, not Y's so she obviously didnt steal her phone and ring random people

b) the housemate obviously also knew what club my bf works in (he's never met this person) another sign it isnt random

c) he asked all their other mutual friends and none of them got a call

d) these are 30 year old women how could they think this is a funny prank (im 22, my bf is 28)

Y calls crying, saying she is in a very dark place cause her friends have moved away and she "needs him" and begs him to come over to her house to hang out. I have told him i rather he didnt but i dont control him
    He went to her house before and lied to me about it, when i found out i confronted him and he said he didnt tell me cause he didnt want me to be upset but im not the kind of person that would be upset about that, im best friends with an ex bf so i would never expect him to cut contact with someone he has slept with. He also lied and told me this girl was a childhood friend he has known for 10 years, i recently found out they've only known each other 4 years through a friends gf.
    He says im wrong and it was just a joke and he feels sorry for her and has no choice but to go over to her house.

But something just isnt sitting right with me about the whole thing. Is this just me being paranoid or not. This isnt the first time something strange like this has happened, on NYE I recieved a message from a girl saying we need to talk about your OH, when I replied the person deleted their profile. And just recently, my a girl my OH met on OKCupid and "went on one date but never slept with or kissed" started sending me friend requests. Among several other incidents involving girls from his past.

I dont want any of this drama and wish people would just leave us alone.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Could it possibly be the one girl doing all this, fake profiles on Facebook/dating sites, second phone? Trying to cause a break up to free your other half up for herself. Doesn't sound too far beyond the capabilities of a slightly unhinged woman.
    I'd still be concern about the boyfriend calling over mind you but I would be concerned with the lying. No harm is saying you don't think it's a good idea to meet her, if he had respect for you and the relationship I'd imagine he would think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

Could it possibly be the one girl doing all this, fake profiles on Facebook/dating sites, second phone? Trying to cause a break up to free your other half up for herself. Doesn't sound too far beyond the capabilities of a slightly unhinged woman.
    I'd still be concern about the boyfriend calling over mind you but I would be concerned with the lying. No harm is saying you don't think it's a good idea to meet her, if he had respect for you and the relationship I'd imagine he would think the same.

And im just wondering why the guy doesnt stop this crazy behaviour and cut all the ties?

The guy might keep her hoping in the line and thats whats causing her desperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

He says im wrong and it was just a joke and he feels sorry for her and has no choice but to go over to her house.

What a steaming pile of bullsh1t. So this crazy ex phones your boyfriend and says she "needs him" and he goes trotting off to give her emotional support? Really?

Sounds to me like she is most probably behind every prank that there is and wants your boyfriend back. Him going around there and acting as a shoulder to cry on (something boyfriends do) is ill-judged and inappropriate. I'd be having words about how close they are and how it's not appropriate for YOUR boyfriend to be giving another girl emotional support to this extent.

• Administrators Posts: 13,765 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

"He has no choice"? Really?

Sounds like he has a choice... Go running when she calls, or don't. He chooses to go running to her.

Now you have a choice... Put up with it, or don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

OP,

You are right to follow your gut on this one.

I'm single and I know my most recent xbf is single. Both of us in our mutual single status keep in touch every now and then (rarely I might add). We have zero interest in getting back together but if I need emotional support, I have plenty of other friends who are there for me. He wouldn't pop into my head at all.
    Yes I could say to him, let's meet for a chat and catch up which there is no harm since we're both single - point is, I don't want to as he isn't important to me now. We've both moved on.

Do you see what I am getting at? There's something lingering there. This girl is definitely unhinged and your bf seems to have the hero complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Idle Passerby

I'd be very suspicious OP. If It was an isolated incident that would be one thing but there appears to be several unusual incidents involving former flings, random women from dating sites and who knows what else.

Why is he so concerned about the feelings of a woman who is being a pest? Especially if their only history is a few nights together. Why did he lie about his friendship with her? Theres more to it than what he's letting on I'd say.

If all of these odd messages are originating from the same woman it makes no sense why he'd be entertaining her if theres nothing there. And if they are all from different women, well, there is no smoke without fire.

Advertisement