Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

got my sim card this morning but can't pay membership with credit card it says its not up and working yet, but i can't find any shop in sligo selling top up for 48, everybody says never heard of them any ideas where i can top up???

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

bazmc35 wrote: »
    got my sim card this morning but can't pay membership with credit card it says its not up and working yet, but i can't find any shop in sligo selling top up for 48, everybody says never heard of them any ideas where i can top up???

Any payzone outlet. Its a pink sign with either "Payzone" on it or "Alphrya" on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Go to any shop with payzone and get them to check the machine... I went to my nearest shop and he found it after a minute. No problem at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

bazmc35 wrote: »

You can locate your nearest Payzone outlet on this page: http://www.payzone.ie/

Has anyone successfully managed to pay the membership and get the free calls and texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

The business model seems to have two core and diverging assumptions

a.) Most young people don't user the internet on their phone
    b.) Most your people who do use the internet are too dumb to figure out they will be screwed on data charges.

Not sure I would bet a lot of money on either being true....

I can't believe you're actually saying this. The €2 a week thing is cheaper than the cheapest existing daily 69c thing with meteor. The 2 euro covers 7 days with 500MB exceeding meteors 350mb daily combined 7 day cycle.

In comparison to threes deal it is cheaper on a per month basis. You spend 10 euro on membership and 8 euro for 4 weeks data.

In conclusion, I'm part of the target market demograph and from my above research It is clear to me the positives outweigh the negatives. And I am certainly neither of the two afore mentioned groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I am er.. also part of the target market demographic.

0116.jpg

Yesss

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I am er.. also part of the target market demographic.Yesss

Yes indeed, I notice you started posted on Boards in 2006, at the tender age of 12 or was it 16? I started posting here in 2003, just 9 years old .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    I can't believe you're actually saying this. The €2 a week thing is cheaper than the cheapest existing daily 69c thing with meteor. The 2 euro covers 7 days with 500MB exceeding meteors 350mb daily combined 7 day cycle.

In comparison to threes deal it is cheaper on a per month basis. You spend 10 euro on membership and 8 euro for 4 weeks data.

In conclusion, I'm part of the target market demograph and from my above research It is clear to me the positives outweigh the negatives. And I am certainly neither of the two afore mentioned groups.

That data deal is a special introductory offer - there's no details about what pricing will be after it ends other than some sh*ite about hourly charges/midnight expiry etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

digitaldr wrote: »

That data deal is a special introductory offer - there's no details about what pricing will be after it ends other than some sh*ite about hourly charges/midnight expiry etc.
    Thats whats putting me off switching over, i mailed them to ask what we would be paying after this offer ends and I was told the boss hadn't told them yet! I'm all for a company aimed at 18-22 year olds but it sounds like the boss called the company 48months coz thats his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Oracle wrote: »

Has anyone successfully managed to pay the membership and get the free calls and texts?

anyone? I want to purchase a topup but I want to use it for membership...not have credit and still no membership...

• Advertisement

Go to any shop with payzone and get them to check the machine... I went to my nearest shop and he found it after a minute. No problem at all!
    my shop looked it up on their payzone with no luck, they had everyone else incl. the old just mobile..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

wondering this my self?
    the network is also showing on my phone as tesco mobile :confused:

anyone? I want to purchase a topup but I want to use it for membership...not have credit and still no membership...

had the same issue first answer i couldn't understand a word of it have since got this reply only thing is how do you do it i cant see the option on site where is says pay membership by topup

Sorry that you’re still confused. I’ll give it another go at explaining.
    So, firstly you need to top up your phone with the €10 Voucher, (remember you don’t need a membership to add credit to your account)
    But you can’t do anything with this €10 as you haven’t paid your membership fee; with me so far?
    What you can do is use that €10 credit as your membership fee (purchase your membership fee with your balance) and that’s you sorted!
    Then what you will have is €0.00 on your balance, but will have free calls and texts to any network in Ireland for a month.
    Hope this is a bit better, anything else at all get back to me.
    Thanks again,
    Greg @ the 48 care crew
    Go Conquer!

just got this reply

Once you have applied your voucher to your phone, you should then see on your account that you can pay using your balance.
    Let me know how it goes. If it doesn’t go according to plan, send me in some screen shots of what happens and we’ll get to the bottom of it.
    Speak soon,
    Greg @ the 48 care crew
    Go Conquer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

When I go into a payzone outlet do I ask for a general €10 payzone voucher, or one specifically for 48hours? Sorry, I've never used payzone before so I don't know how it works.

doxy wrote: »
    When I go into a payzone outlet do I ask for a general €10 payzone voucher, or one specifically for 48hours? Sorry, I've never used payzone before so I don't know how it works.

You ask them for a '48' topup voucher - but you may be lucky to find a payzone outlet that can find it as an option on their terminal - someone on here as had success, I have not in a Supervalu.

I rang Payzone and they say "all terminals" should have 48 since a few days ago but maybe there are some terminals still need to be updated.

SCORE! I'm 19 again! Topped up in a Spar, then new option online to pay membership with balance - done! I think I only joined for the sheer challenge! First call made successfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

You ask them for a '48' topup voucher - but you may be lucky to find a payzone outlet that can find it as an option on their terminal - someone on here as had success, I have not in a Supervalu.

I rang Payzone and they say "all terminals" should have 48 since a few days ago but maybe there are some terminals still need to be updated.

Thanks for that, I'll see if I can pick one up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I filled out for my free sim and nothing about my age etc, whats the story?

TheDriver wrote: »
    I filled out for my free sim and nothing about my age etc, whats the story?

comes up when you register sim its just a date of birth thing i just put in i was 18 at the start of january and got sim and topped up no problems at all have the free calls and text here too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

great thanks. don't think i will port my number though, for some reason I see it going all of a sudden!
    At least it will be cheap to make lots of calls with caller ID blocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

I've had them port over my number from Vodafone. I've the 48 sim in my phone and '48' comes up on the screen, I've received texts to my old number perfectly. Whenever I go to topup online it says that i'm paying the membership for the 089 number that is linked to the sim. Has anyone else ported over their number and successfully paid their membership? I've sent them a email to see what the story is, but I haven't got a reply yet.

So the card payment problem is fixed then?

So the card payment problem is fixed then?

Not that I'm aware. But if you topup via payzone you can register membership. An finally make calls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

My phone always has the roaming symbol on screen since I transferred over ???

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

it is because 48 don't have their own network - sims are using o2 network

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I can't wait for my sim.

What a fantastic deal

walshy_c wrote: »
    I've had them port over my number from Vodafone. I've the 48 sim in my phone and '48' comes up on the screen

comes up as tesco mobile on mine :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Mines showing 48. Signal 3.5G

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

Topped up, still cannot make texts/calls. Cannot login to my account either. :mad::mad:

Advertisement