Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15% off Irish Rail. Codes only TUESDAY and SATURDAY

• 25-01-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Iarnród Éireann is delighted to offer O2 Treats customers an exclusive 15% off online rail fares.

Book your travel with your exclusive promotion code any Tuesday and Saturday and travel anytime.

1. Download your exclusive Treats code on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
    2. Make sure you book your travel using your code by midnight that day. Each unique code will expire at 12pm on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Simply enter the valid voucher code when booking online to receive this amazing discount.

Rail bookings MUST be made online on www.irishrail.ie
    Offer expires: 28/01/2011

A little thanks for putting this up would be very grateful.

Peter

Terms and Conditions
    Individual voucher codes are valid for bookings made from 12am to midnight on these days and valid for travel at any time.
    15% discount offer is valid for bookings made between 22nd January 2011 and 23rd January 2012.
    Discount codes are published twice weekly and are valid for 24 hours only.
    This offer cannot be combined with any other offers from Irish Rail.
    Iarnród Éireann is Ireland’s rail transport service provider, covering Intercity, DART & commuter rail services. Major investment has delivered a modern train fleet, with comfort and frequency improvements, and new lines have opened linking Limerick and Galway, and Cork and Midleton.
    On the Intercity network, web fares are available from €10 each way across the country, and a range of discounted and season tickets are available for all services, whether for long distances, or daily commuting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi Peter,
    Your timing on this code is brilliant. Had been about to buy a few tickets & it was killing me to have to pay full price :pac:

Reading the O2 blurb you posted, it looks like this is going to be a regular event. Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks for the heads up - easy knowing I booked full price return tickets this morning. Grrrrrr. Cheers OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

€7.57. saved. Thanks for that, Peter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭PopTarts

So we won't be able to do this till Saturday?

Just a question, why the day restrictions on booking?

*Clicks Thanks - even if you are being a thanks whore* :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

PopTarts wrote: »
    So we won't be able to do this till Saturday?

Just a question, why the day restrictions on booking?

See the Terms and Conditions in the my OP.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 25 limeflower

Thanks Peter.
    I'm planning to travel tomorrow, do you think you would have the code after 12 tonight? Much appreciated!:)

Can someone post the code when they get it?

I can't see anything on the Treats App (perhaps it will show up when it's Saturday)

Any code yet? Please...:)

Iarnród Éireann is delighted to offer O2 Treats customers an exclusive 15% off online rail fares.

Book your travel with your exclusive promotion code any Tuesday and Saturday and travel anytime.

2. Make sure you book your travel using your code by midnight that day. Each unique code will expire at 12pm on a Tuesday and Saturday.

Simply enter the valid voucher code when booking online to receive this amazing discount.

Offer expires at midnight on 29/01/2011

A little thanks for putting this up would be very grateful and appreciated.

Peter

Terms and Conditions

Individual voucher codes are valid for bookings made from 12am to midnight on these days and valid for travel at any time.
    15% discount offer is valid for bookings made between 22nd January 2011 and 23rd January 2012.
    Iarnród Éireann is Ireland’s rail transport service provider, covering Intercity, DART & commuter rail services. Major investment has delivered a modern train fleet, with comfort and frequency improvements, and new lines have opened linking Limerick and Galway, and Cork and Midleton.
    On the Intercity network, web fares are available from €10 each way across the country, and a range of discounted and season tickets are available for all services, whether for long distances, or daily commuting.

• Advertisement

Many thanks Peter!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Peadar06 wrote: »
    A little thanks for putting this up would be very grateful.

I know it would be grateful, I assume it would also be appreciated!

Thanks Peter.

Peadar06 wrote: »

Peter

Not just a little thanks Peter, a BIG thanks :)
    As usual, your posts are saving me a fortune. Very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Sorry to be a sponge, but does anyone have this week's code? Just saw this thread now and was planning to travel next week. Thanks very much!

Codes are only issued on Tuesdays & Saturdays, so maybe if you look back here again tomorrow some kind soul will have posted it. :)

Offer expires at midnight on 01/02/2011

Peter

Terms and Conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Cheers! I went ahead and booked in the meantime, since I left it pretty late and there was an €10 online ticket I didn't want to miss out on, but well done putting the codes up anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

any new code please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Code every Tuesday and Saturday. Today's Thursday, highgiant1985.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

Does anyone have any new codes. Thanks

• Advertisement

Offer expires at midnight on 05/02/2011

Peter

Terms and Conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭irlgirl

Thanks Peadar06 much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 keesh88

Thanks Peadar, €9.30 saved :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

keesh88 wrote: »
    Thanks Peadar, €9.30 saved :-D

Ditto :) Thanks Peadar glad you survived pneumonia!

Offer expires at midnight on 08/02/2011

Peter

Terms and Conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

I have free travel, but does that mean that I cannot pre-book my seats?
    I recently came down from Dublin and there was utter chaos over the pre-booked seats. People were pushing in both directions trying to find seats, and indeed some of the pre-booked seats were never claimed. Why don't Irish rail just allocate one or two carriages to pre-booked seats? I suppose that that would be too sensible!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I recently came down from Dublin and there was utter chaos over the pre-booked seats. People were pushing in both directions trying to find seats, and indeed some of the pre-booked seats were never claimed. Why don't Irish rail just allocate one or two carriages to pre-booked seats? I suppose that that would be too sensible!

Don't know about the free travel and booking seats online, but I believe you can do it on the ticket machine in the station, but there is a charge.

With respect to the carriages, on the Cork train there is usually 3 or 4 carriages with pre-booking (B,C,D and sometimes E) then F,G and H when it is on are free seating. It would be useful if IR put a sign at the doors to indicate which side to enter, but generally there's someone sitting in my pre-booked seat anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all, if anyone has a code, I'm heading to dublin at 5 and would love to get a voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

You can prebook your seats online but it costs €3 each way. I've booked seats for my ma so we can sit together on long journeys. Worth it to avoid the chaos, also the discount codes work on the €3 so look out for a code and get 15% off!!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all, if anyone has a code, I'm heading to dublin at 5 and would love to get a voucher?

Code every Tuesday and Saturday. Today's Friday, FutureGuy

Peter

Advertisement