Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Waterfallsdown

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Anyone know off hand of any part-time work going in sky? Can't seem to find anything on the website, albeit only had a brief search!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Anyone know off hand of any part-time work going in sky? Can't seem to find anything on the website, albeit only had a brief search!

They aren't recruiting for PT at the moment. There are currently 60-ish PT staff working in Sky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    They aren't recruiting for PT at the moment. There are currently 60-ish PT staff working in Sky

Are there still FT positions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Clemenza wrote: »
    Are there still FT positions?

None advertised at the moment. Keep an eye on www.workforsky.com though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 onepoundfish

Does anyone know can you get the free sky installed in your parents home if your not living there? I already have a tv package and my parents would benefit more from it than me.

but your tv package would be free if you used it for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Im chancing my arm here but if anyone whos working as service advisor be nice enough to answer a question or 2 for me could u please pm me

Im chancing my arm here but if anyone whos working as service advisor be nice enough to answer a question or 2 for me could u please pm me

Can someone please tell me whats the earliest you will be in work for service advisor role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Can someone please tell me whats the earliest you will be in work for service advisor role

They start at 8am AFAIK. The shift alternate so one week you're on early, then two on swing, then a week of lates. That's not strictly accurate but gives you some idea.

They start at 8am AFAIK. The shift alternate so one week you're on early, then two on swing, then a week of lates. That's not strictly accurate but gives you some idea.

Thank you. I heard 7am which worried me because the buses I would be getting dont start early enough to get me in for 7

• Advertisement

Thank you. I heard 7am which worried me because the buses I would be getting dont start early enough to get me in for 7

Could be that early to be fair - I'll see what I can find out.

Could be that early to be fair - I'll see what I can find out.
    Thanks very much really appreciate it

Thanks very much really appreciate it

8 or 8:30 from what I can gather. The opening hours change from time to time and IIRC they were doing 7am - 11pm but I don't think that'll start again.

8 or 8:30 from what I can gather. The opening hours change from time to time and IIRC they were doing 7am - 11pm but I don't think that'll start again.

Thanks thats abig relief.do u have any idea how much the health insurance plan is.i read u pay tax but I cant find a figure anywhere.same with the pension

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

<removed on request of the user>
    Thanks thats abig relief.do u have any idea how much the health insurance plan is.i read u pay tax but I cant find a figure anywhere.same with the pension

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dec0512

Hello,

I got an email from sky regarding the sales advisor role saying they have advisor oppurtunities they would like to talk to me about and asked to ring them, they then gave the number and the hours I would be available to ring them.

Does anyone have any experience of this or could give me any advice? I'd appreciate it very much.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 love_live_sing

Dec0512 wrote: »
    Hello,

I got an email from sky regarding the sales advisor role saying they have advisor oppurtunities they would like to talk to me about and asked to ring them, they then gave the number and the hours I would be available to ring them.

Does anyone have any experience of this or could give me any advice? I'd appreciate it very much.

Regards.

I got the same thing but when I tried to call the number given I couldn't get through. It's been months since I actually applied so I'm not sure what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

i also got that email.
    Have a feeling its those crapy sky jobs in shoping centres or door to door sales.

But if any one knows differnt post it here.

i also got that email.
    Have a feeling its those crapy sky jobs in shoping centres or door to door sales.

But if any one knows differnt post it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭will1569reptile

Well for the list of worst jobs in sky that im aware of i would prob vote them, athough im probaly very wrong as im sure dealing with rude and ignoriant customers over the phone is worse, Than trying to sell to customer's :)

Btw i never said un-important, Most likely these are the most important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nadiatavo

Would any of you lovely people be so kind as to PM me what to expect at my first interview? Have been successful online and have my first session in 2 weeks - please and thanks :)
    Sales advisor!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

I have 2 friends working here and they can't wait to get out.

Staff morale must be lousy

I don't believe anyone guards the exits.

I don't believe anyone guards the exits.

CMpunked wrote: »

He doesn't stop anyone leaving Sky, just the front door, although I've never seen any of them do anything tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BigFool

I worked for Sky for 3 months earlier this year and I have to say it is possibly the WORST place I have ever worked!! Staff morale very very low and management do not care. I still have friends there who say it gets worse everyday. Before the sky lovers have a go, I was top performer in my retentions team and left on good terms so I am not bitter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

BigFool wrote: »
    I worked for Sky for 3 months earlier this year and I have to say it is possibly the WORST place I have ever worked!! Staff morale very very low and management do not care. I still have friends there who say it gets worse everyday. Before the sky lovers have a go, I was top performer in my retentions team and left on good terms so I am not bitter!!

I would like to add that the actual role itself at SKY is not terrible, its just the miserable wages and where they are located. If they increase the commission, stopped playing games with incentives and provide consistency then it would be a very good place to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

BigFool wrote: »

Must say biggest crock I've seen wrote about the job....you left after 3 months just when your probation was up?????:rolleyes:..you where a top performer so should being hitting 300-500 a month incentive:confused:... Staff morale low the canteens do be buzzing on breaks everyone having the crack be it playin table tennis or pool....not to mention all the prizes and random stuff just for doing the job they pay you to do..700 people in the place and 4 or 5 people u know hate it..don't think you can judge a work place on them figures

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

You work in retention u get commission for saving people from leaving not upgrading them(you left out the big night out btw for the save team with the most bb sales €1200 night out ..if you worked in sales upgrades and attraction you would get money for selling bb, your choice not to transfer ...€300-€500 lads hit that every month in sales. when I'm chatting to the lads in save there saying the same actually giving out cause of the tax they pay

Last week I had 128 incentive in a 5 day week.... Today 20 what's wrong with that

Advertisement