Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Cooking Club Week 43: Aloo Keema w/ Saffron & Cardamom Rice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭padzer

Made this for dinner last night, was absolutely amazing!

Ive been eating a lot of turkey mince lately, so i was delighted to find something else to make with it.

Have some in with me for lunch which i cant wait to get stuck into.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Made this recently and it was fantastic. Planning on making it again next week - definitely going to become a regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Made this again tonight. The only difference in the last time I made it was I used fresh chillies, garlic and ginger, rather than generic ginger / garlic paste from a jar.

Made a huuuuuggggeee difference. OP, once again, you're an absolute legend!

9qC4jSY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Looks awesome!

Thank you for reminding me of this...I took mince out of the freezer earlier intending to make chilli in my slow cooker tomorrow but I think I'll do this instead. Hope it turns out well in the slow cooker!

Looks awesome!

Thank you for reminding me of this...I took mince out of the freezer earlier intending to make chilli in my slow cooker tomorrow but I think I'll do this instead. Hope it turns out well in the slow cooker!

Oh, sure it could only improve in the slow cooker! Slowly cooking stuff tends to lend better flavours etc.

I meant to add, I made my own tandoori masala powder this evening too. Makes a huge difference in flavour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Oh, sure it could only improve in the slow cooker! Slowly cooking stuff tends to lend better flavours etc.

I meant to add, I made my own tandoori masala powder this evening too. Makes a huge difference in flavour

Any chance of that tandoori masala powder recipe? really want to try this but haven't been able to find it in shops!

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    Any chance of that tandoori masala powder recipe? really want to try this but haven't been able to find it in shops!

Sure! What I used was:

1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
    1 Teaspoon of Ginger Powder
    1 Teaspoon of ground Cloves
    2 Teaspoons of Nutmeg
    (Strictly speaking this is meant to be 1.5 tsps of Mace, & .5 tsp of nutmeg)
    1.5 Teaspoons of Cumin
    2 Tablespoons of ground coriander
    1 Teaspoon of Fenugreek (Methi) - I used leaves
    1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
    1 Teaspoon of ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon of ground brown cardamom
    I used green, popped the pods, and used the seeds inside

Using a pestle & mortar, I could grind the black pepper, cloves and cardamom seeds - the smell in the kitchen was savage after. Storing this in an airtight Kilner jar. I reckon there's enough powder there to cook this dish about 3 or 4 times.

Oh, the recipe also called for red food colouring - I left this out.

This is in serious regular rotation here in the B Badd household, it's the most common curry cooked!

Still as fantastic tasting as the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This is in serious regular rotation here in the B Badd household, it's the most common curry cooked!

Still as fantastic tasting as the first time

That's great to hear :D I haven't made it in ages. Have guests coming in a couple of weeks for dinner so think I'll make it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

made this Monday night, made double the recipe, extremely tasty and easy...reheats very well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Made this yesterday for the first time, it's really nice, definitely going to be a regular in our house :)

Advertisement