Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has Dunboyne been moved to Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

I noticed that too earlier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

if only my commute would be so much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They also moved Newbridge and Aughrim to Co. Galway. It's all part of the constituency re shuffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

flazio wrote: »
    They also moved Newbridge and Aughrim to Co. Galway. It's all part of the constituency re shuffle.

That is Aughrim, Co Galway, which is of historical significance!
    As for Newbridge, its a common name.
    Ireland has a tendancy to have several towns with the same names.

Someone in Dublin attempting to visit Newcastle for example would have a choice of taking the 68 or the 84X, depending on the Newcastle they seek. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

flazio wrote: »

We've always had an Aughrim and Newbridge in Co Galway !

Although you have a point about the constituency boundary changes as these areas are being shoved into the Roscommon constituency. :(

Meanwhile, has anyone noticed that Co Monaghan has quietly left the republic?

You may need to scroll over the image for the address to appear at the top.

The words "Address is approximate" have never been more apt. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

I think it's the other way around they've moved Dublin to dunboyne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

I think this might be the reason dunboyne is showing up as Dublin 1 on maps.

http://www.streetviewandmaps.com/en/map/ie/914418-Dunboyne

On a side note, can anyone confirm if as a result of updated postal codes in the last while, the postal code for dunboyne has changed to west county Dublin? Ive seen it in a couple of spots. I doubt its used.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

if you go to maps and search for Dunboyne it comes up with the correct place. not sure how the OP has linked to the one in Dublin but it's not an error, just a very specific search

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

if you go to maps and search for Dunboyne it comes up with the correct place. not sure how the OP has linked to the one in Dublin but it's not an error, just a very specific search
    Just go to Google Maps and search for Dublin, zoom in 3 times and you see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

It is on Parnell street if you zoom in a couple of times you'll see it. I think the reason is as i mentioned above because there is a business in the area with dunboyne in the description. Seems to be the only logical explanation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement