Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Successful - post here

• 13-06-2007 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

WAHEYYYY!!

Sorry, im just over the moon. This was my second time doing it and i just cant believe it:D

I was determined to get it before my 18th.....and guess what.....I'm not 18 til the 20th of june.

Thanks to everyone that posted advice up here, i've been lurkin around this forum silently for the last while and its brill.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Well done! Be careful out there, there are a lot of nutter learner drivers. ;)

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

fair play to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

well done, fair pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

well done, fair pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

I wish I was in your position! Well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Congratulations, especially on passing at a young age. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Well done m'dear! Now you're qualified to dispense the advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fair play, now you can start picking up bad habits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Congratulations!

Threads Merged

Have you just passed a driving test? :D

Euphoric, exhilarated, satisfied, smug, gushing pride and joy?

If you wish to relate your experiences to others, please post here rather that begining a new thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

If you wish to relate your experiences to others, please post here rather that begining a new thread.
    Yeah good idea, how about making it a sticky along with a failure thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I passed my test on the first attempt last week. I got my Certificate of Competency and put in for my full licence. Just wondering the say it will take 2 weeks for them to issue me a full licence. Do I still need to have L plates or not until I get my full licence. I got a copy of the certficate in my car.

jjbrien wrote:
    Do I still need to have L plates or not until I get my full licence. I got a copy of the certficate in my car.
    Congratulations jjbrien. :)

Good question. Had a quick scan through the Road Traffic (Licensing of drivers) Regulations and I couldn'd find anything about that. I'm not sure but I'd say you can remove them. After all, you have been deemed to be competent in the category that you have passed and the Certificate is valid for two years..

According to the guy who tested me, you can take down the plates but must not drive on the Motorway or act as an accompanying full licence driver (as you're not a full licence driver until you get yours back).

In fact, technically, you shouldn't be driving sans licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

nipplenuts wrote:
    According to the guy who tested me, you can take down the plates but must not drive on the Motorway or act as an accompanying full licence driver (as you're not a full licence driver until you get yours back).

In fact, technically, you shouldn't be driving sans licence.

Thats a bit daft its not my fault that council takes such a long time to issue my licence. I would have felt that I am a full licence driver as soon as the council accepts my application for a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When I passed my test the guy said I couldn't take the L plates down until I received my full licence. Seemed a bit daft to me also as I had the cert. of competency. Anyway, I put the application in the post that day and received the licence about a week later, was pretty quick. I kept my L plates up, simply cause I didn't want any penalty points on my lovely new licence that took me 4 attempts to get :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just passed at the SGS Citywest, as did my wife who was called the same day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Congratulations * 2 :)

Nice work. BTW, do you and the wife have a shed each? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Passed yesterday after failing in early March. 11 grade 2's in March - only 2 yesterday and the difference to be honest was the tester, different guy in different test centre and he very easy going and relaxed. He made a point of only marking the sheet when i was checking traffic coming from the opposite direction.

Over the moon anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Kadeshh

passed last tuesday. 3rd time lucky but still only driving a year and 5 days. happy me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Passed on Friday, in Switzerland.

As per the system here, I now go onto what they call a provisional license for 3 years, within which time I also have to take 2 mandatory one-day courses. I also intend to take a voluntary winter-driving course as soon as possible this coming cold-season.

Congrats bonkey, have you done the test in Ireland aswell?

Ta.

In answer to your question....nope. If I had done it in Ireland before I moved here, I'd never have needed to do it in Switz.

As it is, I never bothered when I was younger, for one reason or another.

bonkey wrote:
    If I had passed it in Ireland before I moved here, I'd never have needed to do it in Switz.
    Speaking from experience, I've fixed that for ya;)

Well spotted :) Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭legoman

Passed mine about two weeks ago. Flying colours. First time aswell. Just never got round to it. In the process of buying a used car aswell so its all comin' up Karl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Passed yesterday in Naas, second time around and have to say the best money i ever spent was on the three pre test lessons i had this time.

Last time i failed on 6 grade twos in one section (observation) and it completly surprised me after what i thought was a great test. The advice of the teacher was priceless.

Its one of the best feelings ever when the tester tells you you have passed!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

passed yesterday in cork.

second time , thought i flew it but got a bit of a lecture about too much observation :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

i passed second time round 2 weeks ago in naas, but what i cant understand is the length of the waiting list.

i spent over half an hour in the centre both before and after the test and i was the only one there while the testers were in the other room

Advertisement