Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

N7 - Newlands Cross upgrade

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

I fully agree with Schadenfreudia. There are numerous junctions where ambiguity seems to be an essential component in road signs. Anyone ever check the exit from Turnpike Road at the Red Cow onto N7? If you're familiar with the required lane it's fine. But I imagine it's a nightmare for those unfamiliar with the turn. The gantries can't be seen until you're almost underneath them, with no signs at eye-level for making an informed choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 braniganl

Anyone know why there's construction activity at Newlands X tonight? they've been jackhammering away for an hour or two.

braniganl wrote: »
    Anyone know why there's construction activity at Newlands X tonight? they've been jackhammering away for an hour or two.
    Remedial work perhaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mackdublin

I need to be in Lahinch for 4.30 Friday. If I'm passing red cow on naas rd at 1.15, what will the n7 traffic be like at that time on a Friday . Does it begin to slow up that early?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Mackdublin wrote: »
    I need to be in Lahinch for 4.30 Friday. If I'm passing red cow on naas rd at 1.15, what will the n7 traffic be like at that time on a Friday . Does it begin to slow up that early?

Unless there is an accident - no problem at the Red Cow...might be a slow bit past Naas, shouldn't be too bad at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Mackdublin

Thanks, I've only ever been up along the n7 from about 4pm onwards on a Friday at which time its very, very slow.
    What time on a Friday does it tend to start slowing down?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

About 4pm; on wet days it can be an hour earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭lukin

lukin wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, am I correct in saying that there is no longer a right turn to Belgard Road (coming from Naas) at Newlands cross now that the flyover is there?
    I don't drive in to Dublin from that direction very often but someone told me that you can't turn right there anymore. I looked at google maps and it doesn't seem to have the flyover; it just shows the road layout the way it was before the flyover was built (unless I am mistaken).

I just checked google maps now and it has been updated to direct you to the off-ramp for this route (going to Belgard road from the N7). I actually notified them them of the error via the "send feedback" option in google maps and to my amazement they actually followed it up.

Advertisement