Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Today, 09:57   #5521
Whispered
Registered User
 
Whispered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,068
Not happy at all. A few weeks ago there was a big white dog "straying" in the estate. I called our local Spca who sent an inspector out and it tuned out he had owners who just let him out and were barely feeding him. The owners have now obviously been feeding him as he's put on weight but he was out again this morning. He tried to get at phoenix, who was on a lead and knocked me over in his efforts to get at him. The owner was around the corner ignoring me shouting for someone to come and get their dog. I'm absolutely fuming.
Whispered is offline  
Advertisement
Today, 10:26   #5522
Zapperzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlinemeath View Post
My legs are killing me after our walk on the beach, I wore crocs down so I could go for a paddle but there's no support at all in them so I was using different muscles in my legs to keep them on my feet while marching back up through the dunes. Plus the itchy scratchy sand between my toes , for all the time I spend at the beach I usually avoid getting sand anywhere on me, I can't stand it!
One of the reasons I avoid the beach, an hour on the beach and il be finding sand in my socks and shoes for weeks no matter how careful I am!
Zapperzy is offline  
Thanks from:
Today, 11:02   #5523
Tranceypoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispered View Post
Not happy at all. A few weeks ago there was a big white dog "straying" in the estate. I called our local Spca who sent an inspector out and it tuned out he had owners who just let him out and were barely feeding him. The owners have now obviously been feeding him as he's put on weight but he was out again this morning. He tried to get at phoenix, who was on a lead and knocked me over in his efforts to get at him. The owner was around the corner ignoring me shouting for someone to come and get their dog. I'm absolutely fuming.
One of my pet hates, feel like killing those sort of bloody people, are they approachable/reasonable in any way? Although in my experience these type of people just never get it. Hope you and Phoenix are ok?
Tranceypoo is offline  
Today, 11:22   #5524
Whispered
Registered User
 
Whispered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,068
We are ok thanks. I rang the SPCA again who suggested I call the warden, so I did. Maybe a warning from him will help them realise they need to look after their dog.
Whispered is offline  
Today, 13:39   #5525
nala2012
Registered User
 
nala2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 231
Found a gorgeous brown and white collie yesterday. I'd seen him running through the village couple days before. Anyway first time i saw him in my yard i failed to catch him, he came back later and i managed to catch him using some ham. He was nervous but didn't take long to warm up to me and was very friendly in the end. He had collar on but no tag or chip. Local rescue made space for him because i've full house here so i dropped him back yesterday evening. Was so upset leaving him there because he really didnt want to go into the kennel. Have put posters in local shop and posted on facebook but nobody seems to know who owns him. Makes me so mad that his owners put a lovely collar on him but no tag!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140723_152945.jpg (1.98 MB, 0 views)
nala2012 is online now  
Advertisement
Today, 13:51   #5526
Zapperzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by nala2012 View Post
Found a gorgeous brown and white collie yesterday. I'd seen him running through the village couple days before. Anyway first time i saw him in my yard i failed to catch him, he came back later and i managed to catch him using some ham. He was nervous but didn't take long to warm up to me and was very friendly in the end. He had collar on but no tag or chip. Local rescue made space for him because i've full house here so i dropped him back yesterday evening. Was so upset leaving him there because he really didnt want to go into the kennel. Have put posters in local shop and posted on facebook but nobody seems to know who owns him. Makes me so mad that his owners put a lovely collar on him but no tag!
Lovely looking fella hopefully there's someone looking for him and it's a case of the tag breaking off while he was rummaging through hedges or something, happened a friends lab that went missing with a tag but was found without it.

Or in the case of another person I know who refuses to put a tag on her dog in case she escaped and caused damage to livestock or people that could be traced back to her.
Zapperzy is offline  
Today, 13:53   #5527
mymo
Registered User
 
mymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,541
Collecting my daughter DCU tomorrow, looking forward to it, she's been gone 2 weeks and I will be glad to have her home, partly so I can have the bed to myself for a night (not telling her that, Im already a bad mother according to her) as I know all the animals will be stuck to her for a day or two.

Still have the two kittens, first one was very tame within 48hrs, the other is still hissing at me, although it did fall asleep on me last night. She's such a beauty too, image of our late Mouse, going to have to home them soon, just hope my daughter can put more time in with her and get her tamer too.
mymo is online now  
Today, 13:55   #5528
mymo
Registered User
 
mymo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapperzy View Post
Lovely looking fella hopefully there's someone looking for him and it's a case of the tag breaking off while he was rummaging through hedges or something, happened a friends lab that went missing with a tag but was found without it.

Or in the case of another person I know who refuses to put a tag on her dog in case she escaped and caused damage to livestock or people that could be traced back to her.
That last part is absolutely disgusting
mymo is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet