Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEO Keyword Question

• 01-07-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently learning about SEO but having a bit of difficulty with choosing keywords.

Product Example:
    Teng Tools TCMM1001N 1001 Piece Mega Master Tool Kit

This is a specific product. If I were creating a page and looking to create keywords for this, would similar words not be a waste? Is the brand 'Teng Tools', product code 'TCMM1001N' & 'Mega Master Tool Kit' not sufficient? It's an exact search which would link to a page containing that exact item. It's very specific. Should I focus more on making sure the above keywords are laid out properly in the title, meta, H1, image alt etc etc as opposed to searching for similar words?

I thought about looking for popular alternatives i.e. tool box, tool storage etc but the above type of search (which looks like a long tail search actually) is probably better on it's own when creating a page for this?

Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

You should optimise for whatever keywords your customers will be using when they're searching for the products.

What would *you* type into Google if you were looking to buy the product? Chances are most other people would type in the same. So optimise for them first.

<h1>Toolbox - Teng Tools TCMM1001N 1001 Piece Mega Master Tool Kit</h1> etc.

Generic keywords/phrases like "toolbox" will be more difficult to rank with though, as there would be more competition So you may want to try something a little more long tail, which would be "Teng Tools TCMM1001N 1001 Piece Mega Master Tool Kit" if there is a lot of competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 housamz

I suggest you search for "Google Keyword Planner", it is a free tool from Google, and try some keywords you have in mind, then this tool will go back to you by some brainstorming ideas about key words.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 londonmoon

Just remain synonymous to the keyword you are using. Yes, putting them in your content is the best way to go but use similar keywords related to your top niche. Make sure you stick to the industry you are representing and you should be fine. Long tail keywords are a great way too especially for the title. Use SEMRUSH.COM tool as well for more keyword ideas.

Advertisement