Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Funeral For A Friend Announce Ambassador Date

Options
  • 16-03-2005 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

From mcd.ie site...

Funeral For A Friend Announce Ambassador Date

"From a Kerrang! Award for Best British Newcomer in 2003 to masive album sales of their debut album 'Casually Dressed And Deep In Conversation' and a world tour alongside bands like Iron Maiden and Taking Back Sunday, things could hardly have worked out better for FFAF in the past few years" - Kerrang!

Now with a new album on the way and scheduled for release in May, FFAF will be hitting the road again for a tour that includes this Dublin date at The Ambassador on June 22nd.

The band headed to Seattle in January to record with Terry DAte (Deftones/Pantera) and the album is expected to be done and dusted around now (mid-March).

Speaking to Kerrang! about the forthcoming album, vocalist Matt Davies says, "there's a song with keyboards and drum samples which is a little like Depeche Mode. Kris (Roberts, guitarist) has been really challenging himself. We're not afraid of anything musically - we're not just an emo band, we're a rock band."

Tickets for Funeral For A Friend are €25 (inc. booking fee) and go on sale this Saturday from Soundcellar (Nassau St, Dublin 2), Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.

This is an all-ages show. No alcohol served.
    Doors: 7.30pm. Special Guests for this show to be announced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Oh and how I shall continue my high on this site..............my all time favourite band........4th time seeing them baby....hell yeah!!!

Cannot wait............only a few months left!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

It's a good line-up too, 3 supports...

Funeral For A Friend

Plus...
    Bullet For My Valentine
    A Static Lullaby
    Gratitude

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

So going to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 poison-inside

jmc wrote:
    It's a good line-up too, 3 supports...

Funeral For A Friend

Plus...
    Bullet For My Valentine
    A Static Lullaby
    Gratitude

where did you find out about that line-up?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

They supported Iron Maiden in the point. They were complese pish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

The full line-up is in listings on mcd.ie, it's on news page now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

dregin wrote:
    They supported Iron Maiden in the point. They were complese pish.

That was the most rediculous thing I have ever seen......how could they put a band like FFAF supporting Iron Miaden.........that was bad organising!!

I don't like Iron Maiden so it's okay......the support is a big let down!....it ain't gonna stop me though! :cool:

Advertisement