Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any UPC for customers in central Limerick?

• 09-10-2010 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,
    I'm living in O'Connell Avenue, and since about 9pm last night my cable tv service is not working, save for a flickery signal on BBC One.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem? Cannot work out if its a problem with my set-up or a wider problem?

Never had any issues with analogue cable over the last year and a half.
    Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have you rang UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 nick468

Will do soon -- think they open at 9am. I was just trying to ascertain if anyone else in the area is having problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You be as better off as sawing your own ear off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

No problem in city center (Henry St) for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Mc Love wrote: »
    You be as better off as sawing your own ear off

I only ever had one problem with UPC and when i rang them i did they sorted it out straight away.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Rang SKY last night treathning to leave them. My God I couldnt believe how much the guy bad mouthed UPC.(Naturally but still). I told him that they are still cheaper and offer better value and IF they do not match their offer, under law, I can walk away from the contract.(giving them minimum 3 chances).

He said "Im not going to argue about this, they are ****"

Got myself an upgrade to a HD+ box and 10% off for six months just for complaining. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Sky have quiet possibly the worst Customer "Service" I've ever had the displeasure to deal with.

They really do not care once you're signed up.
    The very idea that they charge you for a service, and if that service breaks down, then charge you for them to come out and fix it, sums it up perfectly for me.

They also simply lie through their teeth to you.

I'd never go back.

Advertisement