Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Katy French has died

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Her blase and offensive views on abortion were certainly nothing to be respected.
    this isnt the abortion discussion page,or the animal rights page,i fail to see why theres so much animosity towards a celebrity.
    if a celebrity that annoys me,im not going to start insulting them,or be snide,i might not like them but its still sad. i wasnt a fan of her,i thought sometimes she came off as very stereotypical,but certainly she was smart when it came to business. and certainly its always sad when someone dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

nerin wrote: »
    this isnt the abortion discussion page,or the animal rights page,i fail to see why theres so much animosity towards a celebrity.
    if a celebrity that gets up my nose dies,im not going to start insulting them,or be snide,i might not like them but its still sad. i wasnt a fan of her,i thought sometimes she came off as very stereotypical,but certainly she was smart when it came to business. and certainly its always sad when someone dies.

here here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

actually i think you'll find that her "views" were taken out of context.she shaid that she could see people's point of view on abortion and that she'd consider it to save her career.not exactly the first girl in the world to think that.

Sometimes the worst mistakes people make are simply saying the things other people only dare to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Dont know what to say,

think most people got it summed up,

behind it all she was just another person,

and had parents who are hurting badly right now,

losing someone close to you is really hard to take, sure i know, lost 3 people from my family in the last year, who were very close,

but tomorrow is another day,

and '' let he who is without sin, cast the first stone ''

R.I.P to all those killed tragically...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

I'm heartbroken. I never met her but I feel like she was a close friend thanks to her always being in the papers.

The government should get off their asses and open a book of condolences at the dail for her. I'm sure everyone in the country would want to sign it.

She really was our Princess Di.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 foxface

INCH wrote: »
    I am disgusted by what some of the people are saying. I was no great fan of Miss French But god almighty what kind of people are you out there...A 24 year old girl has died this evening and all some sick immoral people want to do is air thier views. Have some respect. What way were you brought up to carry on in such a depraived and disgraceful manner. Your parents would be ashamed of you. I am a parent of a 2 year old boy and I can tell you now that girls parents hearts are breaking tonight and her sisters. SHE DIED IN THE ARMS OF HER SISTER ........for gods sake havent some of u and ounce of decency in your bodies. This forum just shows what kind of people living in our society now and I fear for my son if this is how so called decent hard working Irish people spend there time attacking the dead. Shame on those people that have the gall to write such words, what did she ever do to you. God forgive you !!

May she rest in peace - My condolences to her Mother Father and
    sister

very very well said.
    some of the comments in here (as in after hours) are literally nuts. make me shake my head in disbelief.

incidentally, i almost died roughly this time last year, from a drugs overdose. i had the chance to learn my lesson. feel utterly free to villify me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

I'm heartbroken. I never met her but I feel like she was a close friend thanks to her always being in the papers.

The government should get off their asses and open a book of condolences at the dail for her. I'm sure everyone in the country would want to sign it.

I can't even tell if these are tongue in cheek anymore! :confused:

Think that<i> might</i> be taking it a wee bit far. much as it's incredibly sad,people die all the time from drugs,why not open a book for them too?princess Di died in a car crash,Katy (probably)died from drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hmm... If I was a mod*, first thing I would do is do an IP address check on all the posters in this thread with a post count less than 10. Seems rather 'fishy' to me...

R.I.P. It doesn't matter how she died, it wasn't deserved.

*Karoma and Terry deserve a massive congrats for keeping this going. I would certainly be screaming at my monitor and pulling at my hair out at the amount of thread-plucking that needed to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I *really* hope that's a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Hmm... If I was a mod*, first thing I would do is do an IP address check on all the posters in this thread with a post count less than 10. Seems rather 'fishy' to me...

R.I.P. It doesn't matter how she died, it wasn't deserved.

*Karoma and Terry deserve a massive congrats for keeping this going. I would certainly be screaming at my monitor and pulling at my hair out at the amount of thread-plucking that needed to be done.

well said!!!

Laslo wrote: »
    banned

Inch,how dare you judge the people here?if we really are so "depraved" then get off the site. Many people here are just expressing our sadness and sypmpathies to her grieving family and talking about the things Katy accomplished in her too-short life. So back the hell off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

INCH wrote: »
    I am disgusted by what some of the people are saying. I was no great fan of Miss French But god almighty what kind of people are you out there...A 24 year old girl has died this evening and all some sick immoral people want to do is air thier views. Have some respect. What way were you brought up to carry on in such a depraived and disgraceful manner. Your parents would be ashamed of you. I am a parent of a 2 year old boy and I can tell you now that girls parents hearts are breaking tonight and her sisters. SHE DIED IN THE ARMS OF HER SISTER ........for gods sake havent some of u and ounce of decency in your bodies. This forum just shows what kind of people living in our society now and I fear for my son if this is how so called decent hard working Irish people spend there time attacking the dead. Shame on those people that have the gall to write such words, what did she ever do to you. God forgive you !!

May she rest in peace - My condolences to her Mother Father and
    sister

This is boards, there are no hardworking Irish people in here. Thanks for the bold, would have missed it otherwise.

I have no idea who Katy French is, i only heard of her a few days ago, googled her image and still have no idea who she is or why she's classed as anykind of celebrity but none the less RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Oh please!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dr. Hesselius

eth0_ wrote: »
    I *really* hope that's a joke.

No it wasn't. It was put beautifully by a journalist in the Independent the other day and I agree with every word of it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/katy-the-girl-we-all-feel-we-know-1238789.html

Back on topic folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

RIP Cathy - I will never forget you.

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

omg, you banned ronan

you bastard :(

I was wondering when you'd show up :)

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 foxface

Inch,how dare you judge the people here?if we really are so "depraved" then get off the site. Many people here are just expressing our sadness and sypmpathies to her grieving family and talking about the things Katy accomplished in her too-short life. So back the hell off.

Lollipop23, i really dont think Inch was attacking people who were extending their sympathies, rather, the other 50%?

please correct me if im wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

condolances to your friends and family katy, may they never forget your talent and your beauty, and may they cherish the short time that they had with you

gone, hopefully not forgoten

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Inch

eeh? I think some people need to read the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tjoec78

They say "Only the good die young". A very sad loss and very hard to believe. she always came across as a lovely bubbly and down to earth girl. my sympathy to all her family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Folks, as a lot of you will have seen over the course of the evening, this thread very quickly descended into a mess. People were posting vicious, inaccurate and speculative crap, insulting other posters and a whole host of other muppet-like behaviour. I've been out all evening (bad, bad timing) but Gordon took over and made the (correct) decision to close the thread. A lot of posts have also been deleted. People will be banned tomorrow but it'll take a while to go through the whole thread again.

Tbh at this stage I think that any other threads that are started in this forum about Katy will probably just be closed down cos far too many posters are posting all kinds of crap. If anyone disagrees then please send me a PM cos this is open to discussion. I would like to see the topic discussed but only if people play by the rules and tbh I don't see that happening.

Thanks to everyone who reported posts (there were approximately 4.3 gazillion, last time I checked). A lot of people were clearly very offended by some posts and I'm sorry about that.

Chris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement