Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Katy French has died

Options
  • 06-12-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

R.I.P.

Announced on TV3 news at 6.30pm.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah saw that...
    R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

R.I.P.
    My thoughts are with her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Rip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

RIP Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

RIP. I hope her parents will come out and admit to what everybody 'knows' already. Between her and those fellas in Waterford, if the message hits home with one person, then something may be gained from their deaths. God love their families.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

R.I.P Katy. Truly sad ending to a very young life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

God, I'm shocked to hear that now. RIP Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Very sad

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

RIP.
    She did not deserve to die that young, and she did not deserve the slagging that she got by some posters here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God that's sad. Whatever anyone thought about her, it's a shame. God love her family. RIP Katy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Hundreds of people die all the time. In equally tragic circumstances. There are people dying in this country in similar manner to her unfortunate demise. I just fail to see what makes her so special to merit the media circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Please don't drag this thread down with horrible comments about her. If you don't like her or don't think she did anything good take it elsewhere. A person has died, a person who did no major harm to other people in her life and as such she and her family deserve our respect. She does not deserve your hatred right now and does not deserve petty immature comments. Imagine if her family saw them, which is quite possible.

I'm not even a fan but I am very saddened to hear of her death. R.I.P. Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Seriously guys, there are people who knew her on these boards. Just have some respect.

RR, I know what you're saying, and I can see your point of view, but just go to humanities and start a thread on it.

EDIT: Ergonomics said it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Hundreds of people die all the time. In equally tragic circumstances. There are people dying in this country in similar manner to her unfortunate demise. I just fail to see what makes her so special to merit the media circus.

Fair enough but try and show some respect. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

Jesus thats crazy, RIP.

Has it been said what happened? Like confirmation of the rumours? been out of all loops for past week.

I had her classed as just another dizzy model but I have to say she came across really well in her interview on Tubridy a few weeks back, She couldn't have been more honest about her career IMO.

Prayers for her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

the same reason you are being insensitive, because she was a celebrity. you're right, lots of people die in tragic circumstances all the time. do you take time out of your day to slag them all off?

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Guys I can't find verification of this anywhere? Not on RTE or vreaking news (no surprises there). Is it for definite? Ronan Raven while I understand your stance on the issue, de mortuis nil nisi bonum - we don't speak ill of the dead. Fair enough if she had the blood of millions of people on her hands, she was just a silly girl who got her photo taken a lot and somewhere her family is falling apart. Have a heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Very sad of the news......she was a human being with feelings, emotions and dreams...none of us are without flaws...It is sad that she won't be able to fulfill those dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

theres sure to be a huge outpouring of tributes to the deceased
    she was just on the t.v so often recently ,a tragic loss
    what are the circumstances?
    I've tried the news sources on the net not up to date yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Guys I can't find verification of this anywhere? Not on RTE or vreaking news (no surprises there). Is it for definite? Ronan Raven while I understand your stance on the issue, de mortuis nil nisi bonum - we don't speak ill of the dead. Fair enough if she had the blood of millions of people on her hands, she was just a silly girl who got her photo taken a lot and somewhere her family is falling apart. Have a heart.

Yeah ive been scanning the news nothing so far....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭massivemagumbos

No confirmation due to gardai investigation taking place.

Whatever about her being a celebrity and all that "why the hell should we care" - fact is that more people know her name than know your name, whether its by having a career or by posing with santa's in her knickers, she never harmed a fly as far as i'm concerned and knowbody, famous or a randomer, deserves to die so young - i dont know her at all and I feel very saddened that a normal girl of our age who's in the public limelight has lost her life so suddenly and tragicly. Whatever the inquest or investigation shows, if something good comes of all of this, some changes somewhere, to lessen the chances of this happening again to a normal girl or boy in the prime of their lives, then yes, we have a right to give a damn and to offer our respect and condolences to all who knew her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

RIP, and now I'm definately not going to do coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Was just mentioned on the news on Todayfm. The HSE made a statement saying she passde away in the arms of her sister 'Jill?' with her parents present

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

RIP Katy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Anything mentioned on RTE about it? Shocking news really, such a young person cut down in her prime, what ever the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

confirmed on most radio stations at 7pm with a statement by HSE

R,I,P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

>>> for information I'm posting the statement issued at 7 by HSE ...

This statement is issued by the HSE on behalf of the family of Katy French

Press Statement

6th December 2007

Katy has passed away peacefully in the arms of her sister Jill and alongside her Mum and Dad. Her family thanks everyone so much for all the prayers and support and especially all the staff in Navan Hospital who gave her special care and attention throughout.

We have been overwhelmed by the letters, blessings, gifts and prayers from people all over the country. It gave us strength and helped Katy so much. Although we did not get our yearned for miracle, all the expressions of love you sent her were powerfully healing in different ways.

And we hope that you can continue to send your love to her as she journeys on.

Ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

In my own opinion she was the most beautiful irish model. She certainly achieved more in her 24 years than most of us probably will in our lives. She certainly was establishing herself in the media over the last few months but that was her job as a model.

My thoughts are with her family.

RIP Katy .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

I can't believe it, very sad. R.I.P. Katy.

Got the Herald, the gardai are investigating what happened to her at the weekend, there are so many different stories going around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

The death of anyone at that age is undoubtedly tragic, no matter what anyone thought of her. My heart goes out to her family. RIP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement