Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Medion ship to Ireland from the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

These ship to Ireland, and sell Clevo builds.

Novatech €16 Delivery 2-3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

No Medion don't unfortunately I tried once to get them to ship here, doesn't work.

But do they ship to the north? This is what their T&C says
    Medion delivers to addresses in England, Wales and Scotland (“Mainland UK”) only, except for accessories where Medion will deliver to Mainland UK and Ireland. Medion does not accept orders from individuals outside these countries.

If they do you can use this site to get it here http://www.deliverme.ie/

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

As a previous Medio Laptop customer, I feel obliged to tell you... AVOID MEDION!!!!!! It's been away many times for repair in only two years and is now fecked again.

EDIT: Also if you are a gamer, avoid the Nvidia 555M card, or anything with Optimus. It is 'battery saving' tech which constantly forces the games to use the i7's instead of the card... and there's very little you can do about it. drives me up the wall.

Andy!! wrote: »
    As a previous Medio Laptop customer, I feel obliged to tell you... AVOID MEDION!!!!!! It's been away many times for repair in only two years and is now fecked again.

EDIT: Also if you are a gamer, avoid the Nvidia 555M card, or anything with Optimus. It is 'battery saving' tech which constantly forces the games to use the i7's instead of the card... and there's very little you can do about it. drives me up the wall.

First off this is medions gaming range so I think the build quality would be better. Of course it wont be as good as Asus or Sony or Toshiba but you get what you pay for.

Secondly the GT555m is fine card and nividas optimus tech is easy enough to use. Most people I know who have it, say it'll switch to the GT555m just fine when it needs too. Though they also say it will sometimes revert to the integrated card like you mentioned in certain games, in this situation all you have to is add the particular game to the cards whitelist and it should work fine then.

I can assure you, your experience with optimus is the exception not the rule.

Completely incorrect on every single count.

My medion was a gaming laptop for a start.

Secondly, please don't mistake me as anything but an nVidia fanboy who has only ever had an nVidia card, but my faith was badly shaken with this round of laptop cards, which have been deliberately nerfed so people are forced to go with the more expensive GTX laptop cards.

I bought TWO gaming laptops (an ASUS, then a dell) with a 555M before giving up. And according to the weeks I spent online trying to find a solution to the Optimus problem, I am the exact opposite of the exception. A crazy amount of people are having problems, and nVidia have done nothing. Only game I got to use the card out of the box were Battlefield 3. Every other game insists on using the i7's. I had a 3GB 555M in the dell, and they still insisted on using the quad i7's. And I couldn't even turn it off in the BIOS. Ridiculous.

(Yeah, nVidia have a 'tool' where you can supposedly designate or turn off Optimus, but it does not work, and didn't on two different laptops I tested. Especially if you buy digital copies off Steam. Then you are definitely buggered.)

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »
    Completely incorrect on every single count.

My medion was a gaming laptop for a start.

Secondly, please don't mistake me as anything but an nVidia fanboy who has only ever had an nVidia card, but my faith was badly shaken with this round of laptop cards, which have been deliberately nerfed so people are forced to go with the more expensive GTX laptop cards.

I bought TWO gaming laptops (an ASUS, then a dell) with a 555M before giving up. And according to the weeks I spent online trying to find a solution to the Optimus problem, I am the exact opposite of the exception. A crazy amount of people are having problems, and nVidia have done nothing. Only game I got to use the card out of the box were Battlefield 3. Every other game insists on using the i7's. I had a 3GB 555M in the dell, and they still insisted on using the quad i7's. And I couldn't even turn it off in the BIOS. Ridiculous.

(Yeah, nVidia have a 'tool' where you can supposedly designate or turn off Optimus, but it does not work, and didn't on two different laptops I tested. Especially if you buy digital copies off Steam. Then you are definitely buggered.)

Did you try whitelisting the games?

Believe me mate, I had two months of aggro, tried everything. Nothing worked, especially anything bought over the steam client. Probably had something to do with having to go through the client to boot the games. But I whitelisted steam, the games, their configuration tools... nada. Sold it in the end.

Advertisement