Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a Pool Table from Lyric Ireland

• 22-10-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all.

I am a first time poster and I was wondering if any og you good people could advise me. I am in the Midst of purchasing a Pool Table from Lyric Ireland it is a refurbished piece and I am getting delivery and Installation Inc for €650. I was just wondering if anyone has purchased from these and how they found them and if you got a refurbished Table was the one they sold you good quality and how did the installation go. I hope to have mine end of November and just wondered as to what to expect from them.

Thanking You all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

what type of table is it and how old? Is it a coin slot or a free play table?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eeeyore

It is a Free Play Table as far as I know they just said it will be a Refurbished 6x3 Pub Style Table with full size Balls and choice of Green,Blue or Wine Cloth.

I was looking on Youtube of how they install Pool Tables and it looks like a long process and was just wondering if even refurbished Tables come in pieces to be assembled on site.

Its not that long of a process to assemble a pool table. The table will come in 3 parts - The legs, slate and the body of the table itself. All it takes then is pop the legs on, put on the slate and then level the table. If they are putting a new cloth on the table they will prob do this before hand or on site. If its a supreme winner table which you are getting (best table you can buy) then this is how it will come but judgeing by the price I would say it could the older wooden table.. Refurbished tables usually mean new cloth.. 7x4 is the standard size. Im sure you will be very happy with it though.

Thanks Greenbaize, 6x3 is plenty Big for me and it is all the room it is going into can accomidate, I am sure I have played and seen 6x3 Pool Tables in Pubs and Hotels and they seem preaty good. I am just happy to be able to fit that size into my house to be honest:)

Refurbished with a new Cloth ares till good though as long as the Slate is good is this correct?

Ah yes a 6x3 table is fine and im sure you will be happy with it. Seeing as its for your place im sure it probably wouldnt bother you if the cloth is going to be fast or not. Ask about the cushions also. Other than that you should be fine, there wouldnt be a problem with the slate.

• Advertisement

Thanks fort he advice Green baize have you had any dealings with Lyric or know if there refurbished Tables are of good quality.

Have never had any dealings with them so wouldnt be able to comment on them. McEvoys would be my first choice though. Always does a great job.

Thanks Greenbaize you are a gentleman.

Thanks GDE I did see his name online but he had no prices on his site. Also Lyric allows you to pay in installments and I have only 1 more payment to make before the Table is finally mine:) Have you ever dealt or know about Lyric they have been around for nearly 50 years so can only assume they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

We bought a table for our club off them a month ago. It was a refurbished table with a coin slot. The table is perfect with a good cloth and the service from the lads was excellent.

Only issue for me was the cues that arrived with the table were poor in quality. So be prepared to spend a few quid more to get decent cues.

BTW I assume the username GDE is actually Ger Dunphy Entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dansboro

Hello everyone

I bought a pool table a couple of years ago and was totally dissatisfied with the service i received. They couldn't deliver on their promises regarding delivery and when there was a problem with table, they didn't want to know. My advice to anyone is to steer clear of this company and invest your money in a reputable one who take customer service a lot more seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 micheal70m

I have to say I disagree with the last poster - I bought a table a couple of months ago and have been very satisfied with both the table and the after care service. It was a refurbished table and I did have an issue with a small tear in the cloth but couldn't really say whether or not it was there before or after delivery and when I rang up, Lyric didn't question it, they came out and changed the bed cloth, which was fair enough by me

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭popa smurf

Hi guys thinking of putting a 6 / 3 pubstyle pooltable upstairs have a spot for it playing area around 14 , 12 foot ,and the floor will be sitting on the hall wals if you follow so floor should be well able to suport weght, question is can these tables be taken apart and reassembled upsairs and cloth put back on I have seen this crowd advertised on done deal they have a big selection of tables

Advertisement