Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heheh Paypal thinks something is up!

• 19-12-2008 10:56pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As I write this there is 2981e in the paypal account (this doesnt take into account things like the Photo book or the Airsoft stuff etc...) but it all arrived in the last 5 days in small amounts from a wide variety of credit cards. Presumably Paypal have some automated systems to spot weirdness and I guess we fit that bill. As a result, they have stoppe the account from withdrawing money (its still perfectly fine to send money to it, its merely a precaution by PP).

Luckily I have 3k spare (ish!) in my account and I will use that to buy the gifts and replace it from the SSF account. I am putting this here so everyone knows whats going on! (no really, that 3k was just *resting* in my account).

This is easily rectified by me faxing them my passport etc. I have explained what we are to them and they actually had heard of SSF but rules is rules. I will do it on Monday but we are planning to go buy on Monday so I'll bridge it from my pocket.

Also, I went to talk to the accountant and he gave me the skinny on getting a charity ref number (the laws are a bit bonkers about it but should be straight forward enough).

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Oh.

I don't think me making of €100 just now for a challenge in AH and labelling the comment "Dudess protection racket" will have helped.

:o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

LOL... nah I spoke to Paypal, its merely a block on WITHDRAWING the money until they are happy about where its going. They had heard of the SSF (dublin based support lines for the w1n).
    I just wanted to be clear why I'll be dumping 2981 (roughly) into my personal account. :)

This year we have a pretty cool plan for the SSF which I wont detail yet because it will give the game away... :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Seems like you need a new avatar DeV.
    3120835681_7b9f83b501.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Then... as if by magic...... the money disappeared! ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=68937&stc=1&d=1229944176

That's a good sum of money DeV. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I sold some servers on eBay last year and discovered that you can only recieve 2500 euro in a year before you have to "expand" your account by sending them photo ID and proof of address for money laundering so hat might just be what it is.

Perhaps while Paypal are sorting out the account they could waive or at least reduce the commission they take on the SSF donations.
    They take 2% less commision (1.4% instead of 3.4%) on accounts that they class as charities (they don't say if you need a charity number but if they've heard of SSF they might change it....worth asking as it'd be more money for the kiddies).

Advertisement