Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drugs,Drink ,Sex and Intimadation

• 16-12-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm starting this thread with regards to a school, a very well established school with high standards to all who look in from the outside, but from the inside it is a very different story.

This is coming from many years of it being bottled up, and recent events showing nothing has changed. From drug raids with drugs being found in the school (recent and in the past),
    drunk teachers in the past (not still present), members of staff being intimate with students on different occasions along with perverted teachers (recent and old with the staff still present in the school). And finally intimidation and bullying by teachers, not the kind to put you into line if you are doing wrong. The kind that when you don't do something that they want you to do they turn fellow staff against you. (recent and old - in which i personally have being bullied by 2 or 3 teachers which are all still present in the school for 4 out of the 6 years present there, with mainly others that were and still are in the shows i was in) Other members of staff knows what goes on but yet nothing is said.

I find that this amount of corruption from one school is too much, I want to know if you think it should be presued further or left as it is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Welcome to Boards. Your School should hav a Bullying policy. You should complain under the conditions of that policy. If they don't have such a policy, you should complain to Dept of Education. My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anonymous today

thanks! Well long story short after several complaints gone in about the bullying (not the teachers having sex with students) nothing was done, these complaints involved 6 or 7 students with meetings with the previous headmaster but nothing was done.
    The two main teachers are ranked as very high up and well respected by other members of staff, due to them being intimidated or just as the two have being in the school for so long with one establishing himself as quite a good teacher i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

If teachers have been having sexual activity with students then the Gardai should be involved .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anonymous today

Students wont confess up, recently hasnt being a case that i know of, just a case where members of staff have being

Fire away anonymous but be careful about identifying, the last bit I deleted could have identified the school as being one of a handful. Just keep in mind what advice you want in order to progress your concerns further.

Mod

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'd find it hard to believe all these things are going on and that no parent would complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I'd find it hard to believe all these things are going on and that no parent would complain.

Maybe the parents are unaware.

The OP suggested that theres no point in reporting as the students wouldnt confess (or maybr havn't done so when given the oppertunity in the past).
    I don't think its your call to make that judgement though OP, child protection guidelines say you must pass it up the chain, if you feel that 'up the chain' might close ranks then go outside the school. Have a look at the recent whistleblowers legislation.

Go to childline, barnardos, union, citizens advice, guards (maybe from outside locality!).
    All the info you do have you should write it down in diary form.

Maybe a student has made allegations before and it was recorded, but evidence was lacking! One little bit of info you do have could be enough to reopen a case (like a corroborating date).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,478 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Most schools have a Board of Management who should be made aware of these complaints. Surely they would act on such complaints and inform the Garda as is their duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

OP,
    If you are aware of these serious child-protection issues (particularly sexual relations between teachers and students (are any of them underage?!), you are legally obliged and have a duty of care to report it to the DPL in your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

If this is genuine, 'lawyer up' and get proper legal advice. I'd also get on to the likes of the national parents' counsel and other national organisations who ought to have students' interests at heart. Like others have said, if there has been any sexual activity involving teachers and underage students then you must go to the Gardaí. If it's true and it's as endemic as you say, I wouldn't trust the school. Go straight to the Gardaí.

I hope that this is just a disgruntled student/former student with an axe to grind but if it's genuine it's a very serious issue which must not be allowed to continue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

These allegations should be reported to the Gardai, not aired on boards.
    Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement