Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Installation system crashed today

Options
  • 23-03-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

We were supposed to expect an installer today for evision/efibre.

No notification call has been made, when we called Eircom we were told the installer system has crashed (!) and they have no idea when an installer will be out.

I would appreciate an update as it is the 2nd supposed installation date that Eircom have now failed to meet it would seem.  Ordered on 8th March, its now the 23rd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

machalla wrote: »
    We were supposed to expect an installer today for evision/efibre.

No notification call has been made, when we called Eircom we were told the installer system has crashed (!) and they have no idea when an installer will be out.

I would appreciate an update as it is the 2nd supposed installation date that Eircom have now failed to meet it would seem.  Ordered on 8th March, its now the 23rd.
    Hi machalla

Apologies for the inconvenience created, I can confirm that the programme used for efibre accounts had been inoperative earlier today however it is now back up and running. Please contact the efibre accounts team on free phone 1901 but also feel free to PM me your order number & I'll see if I can shed more light on this.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I have forwarded on a PM regarding this now to you directly Alan.

Hi machalla

I received your PM however I'll need the account or land line number to look in to this further for you

Cheers
    Al

Hi machalla

I received your PM however I'll need the account or land line number to look in to this further for you

Cheers
    Al
    I've sent an updated PM with the details from the previous pm and landline appended now

Hi machalla

Cheers
    Al
    I've sent an updated PM with the details from the previous pm and landline appended now
    Hi machalla

Thanks for the details
    I can see that the appointment for line install is indeed set for today. The notes specifically state before 5PM and I see Sarah in accounts has advised of this in a call at 2.35pm today.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi machalla

Cheers
    Al
    Hi machalla

Thanks for the details
    I can see that the appointment for line install is indeed set for today. The notes specifically state before 5PM and I see Sarah in accounts has advised of this in a call at 2.35pm today.

Thanks
    Al
    Ok Alan. 

To be clear, we recieved no notification of the appointment for today to confirm it was to go ahead. 

There was no call except that we called ourselves to find out what was going on.  

The only information available was that the booking/installer system had crashed earlier in the day and no-one could tell us if this was to go ahead or not. 

A previously asked for appointment was not available (13th March) and we were at least informed of this the day before the appointment was due.

We await to see if this goes ahead today.

Hi machalla

Cheers
    Al
    Hi machalla

Thanks for the details

Thanks
    Al
    Ok Alan. 

To be clear, we recieved no notification of the appointment for today to confirm it was to go ahead. 

There was no call except that we called ourselves to find out what was going on.  

The only information available was that the booking/installer system had crashed earlier in the day and no-one could tell us if this was to go ahead or not. 

A previously asked for appointment was not available (13th March) and we were at least informed of this the day before the appointment was due.

We await to see if this goes ahead today.
    I can confirm that unless it's cancelled no notice will be given to suggest a change of plan.

I see that the last update on the appointment was on the 12th of March at 4:34pm although I do understand that a call to notify all is going ahead would help.

I do apologise for the inconvenience the earlier technical issues with our systems caused.

Thanks
    Al

Alan, this is ludicrous!

KN turned up at 4.55.  Installed a NEW phone number instead of keeping the existing number.  Then told us they we would have no phone no broadband no tv as "someone else" has to turn up to install any other services.

This is insane.

Alan, this is ludicrous!

KN turned up at 4.55.  Installed a NEW phone number instead of keeping the existing number.  Then told us they we would have no phone no broadband no tv as "someone else" has to turn up to install any other services.

This is insane.
    Hi Machala,

I see from the notes on your account that this was reported to accounts yesterday.

The notes specifically state that a case has been set up to transfer your number on to the line installed (case reference number is 1786941).

I understand that this has caused quite a lot of confusion and inconvenience for which I can only apologise for on behalf or eircom.

What I can confirm is that in essence a new line has been installed instead of the takeover of service from your existing provider however I'm afraid that the best advice I can further offer on this is to contact accounts (on free phone 1901 or WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow) for updates on the phone number transfer and broadband appointment.

Thanks
    Al

There was never any confusion as to what was to happen.  A line transfer from Vodafone, upgrade to fibre connection, installation of evision.  All to happen in one "installation" would be a reasonable assumption by any customer.

Instead what has happened is Eircom come in, take out the existing working phoneline and broadband and leave us without service.  Then Eircom have to put a request to Vodafone to transfer the existing number from Vodafone to Eircom.

All of these details were provided in the signup application.  You will probably attempt to bill us for a new phone line installation now as well which wouldn't surprise me at this point.  The "installation" is not complete and you certainly should not be attempting to bill us from yesterday either.

• Advertisement

There was never any confusion as to what was to happen.  A line transfer from Vodafone, upgrade to fibre connection, installation of evision.  All to happen in one "installation" would be a reasonable assumption by any customer.

Instead what has happened is Eircom come in, take out the existing working phoneline and broadband and leave us without service.  Then Eircom have to put a request to Vodafone to transfer the existing number from Vodafone to Eircom.

All of these details were provided in the signup application.  You will probably attempt to bill us for a new phone line installation now as well which wouldn't surprise me at this point.  The "installation" is not complete and you certainly should not be attempting to bill us from yesterday either.
    Hi machalla

While the finer details on this issues will not be available to me I can help in light of any case of overcharging. I can assure you that there will be no installation fees and you will only be charged once everything is up and running - if you notice overcharging please let me know and I'll resolve that right away. I'm sorry I can't do more for you and for any further queries in relation to your service please contact accounts on free phone 1901

Thanks
    Al

Just to be clear, I am registering a formal complaint with Eircom regarding the whole situation. 

I expect I will have to escalate it to Comreg based on the responses to date.

I am posting this as a warning to anyone considering taking up broadband services with Eircom.  The below has been our experience.

I also posted a previous thread here that details some of this

Installation system crashed

To summarise (more details below) :  

- An order for efibre/evision was sent via the Website on 8th March, all details requested were provided at that time (phone number, current provider, UAN).

- 23rd March Eircom take our original phone number with no explanation as to why this happened.  They have claimed at different times that it will take 5-10 days to resolve this.

- They have communicated no dates to rectify the installation of broadband and evision as they were supposed to do on the 23rd March.

- They have been continually unhelpful and unable to resolve this situation or even communicate as to what they propose to do about this.

Full details

8th March submitted Efibre/Evision request to move from Vodafone.

Receieved an email confirming details and suggested installation date of 13th March.

We received notification on the 12th March that the installation on the
    13th would not go ahead. The 23rd of March was proposed as a new date and
    accepted.

No notification was sent to confirm this date. We requested a confirmation
    of the appointment on the morning of the 23rd and we were told that the appointment system had "crashed" and to call back in the afternoon. We did so and were told an engineer would call before 5pm that day.

At 4.55pm on the 23rd two KN staff turned up to install the new broadband as we understood it. They installed a new phone line and that was it. The old
    phone number which should have been transferred across was
    gotten rid of and a new phone number was put in place. We
    were told if we wanted to keep the old number we needed to contact Eircom
    directly.

They then left with no installation of broadband, evision or at that time
    even a working phone.

The KN staff called later on to verify that the "new" number was working which is more polite than any member of Eircom staff has managed to date.

We then called Eircom to try to understand what exactly had happened. We
    were told that Eircom had to request the original phone number to be
    transferred from Vodafone. It was claimed this would happen in 5 working days.

On the 24th March Eircom were contacted via web chat to determine how the transfer of the original number was proceeding from Vodafone.  I was informed that this would take up to 10 working days, not 5 as had been stated.  On attempting to find out if the supposed date for installation of broadband had been set as the 30th March (5 working days in effect) apparently there is no booking for installing anything at this point.  The person on web chat then claimed they had no access to that system and became very unhelpful when queried about what Eircom proposed to do to resolve this situation promptly.

An attempt to register a complaint with Eircom has been stymied due to "Data protection reasons". 

The most recent call to Eircom resulted in Eircom putting the phone down on us as they had no answer as to why they were have told us different stories at  different points.

That is our experience to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

I am posting this as a warning to anyone considering taking up broadband services with Eircom. The below has been our experience.

- An order for efibre/evision was sent via the Website on 8th March, all details requested were provided at that time (phone number, current provider, UAN).

- 23rd March Eircom take our original phone number with no explanation as to why this happened. They have claimed at different times that it will take 5-10 days to resolve this.

- They have communicated no dates to rectify the installation of broadband and evision as they were supposed to do on the 23rd March.

- They have been continually unhelpful and unable to resolve this situation or even communicate as to what they propose to do about this.

Full details

Receieved an email confirming details and suggested installation date of 13th March.

accepted.

of the appointment on the morning of the 23rd and we were told that the appointment system had "crashed" and to call back in the afternoon. We did so and were told an engineer would call before 5pm that day.

At 4.55pm on the 23rd two KN staff turned up to install the new broadband as we understood it. They installed a new phone line and that was it. The old
    directly.

even a working phone.

The KN staff called later on to verify that the "new" number was working which is more polite than any member of Eircom staff has managed to date.

On the 24th March Eircom were contacted via web chat to determine how the transfer of the original number was proceeding from Vodafone. I was informed that this would take up to 10 working days, not 5 as had been stated. On attempting to find out if the supposed date for installation of broadband had been set as the 30th March (5 working days in effect) apparently there is no booking for installing anything at this point. The person on web chat then claimed they had no access to that system and became very unhelpful when queried about what Eircom proposed to do to resolve this situation promptly.

An attempt to register a complaint with Eircom has been stymied due to "Data protection reasons".

The most recent call to Eircom resulted in Eircom putting the phone down on us as they had no answer as to why they were have told us different stories at different points.

Hi machalla
    This is certainly not the customer experience we hope to achieve and our apologies that this has gone on so long. As Al has advised in earlier post, this is now in hand with the correct team, this has been given priority and we are monitoring to ensure that all efforts are made to resolve this for you. We will be back as soon as we can with update on case.
    Tony

I am posting this as a warning to anyone considering taking up broadband services with Eircom.  The below has been our experience.

- 23rd March Eircom take our original phone number with no explanation as to why this happened.  They have claimed at different times that it will take 5-10 days to resolve this.

Full details

accepted.

directly.

even a working phone.

On the 24th March Eircom were contacted via web chat to determine how the transfer of the original number was proceeding from Vodafone.  I was informed that this would take up to 10 working days, not 5 as had been stated.  On attempting to find out if the supposed date for installation of broadband had been set as the 30th March (5 working days in effect) apparently there is no booking for installing anything at this point.  The person on web chat then claimed they had no access to that system and became very unhelpful when queried about what Eircom proposed to do to resolve this situation promptly.

The most recent call to Eircom resulted in Eircom putting the phone down on us as they had no answer as to why they were have told us different stories at  different points.

Hi machalla
    This is certainly not the customer experience we hope to achieve and our apologies that this has gone on so long. As Al has advised in earlier post, this is now in hand with the correct team, this has been given priority and we are monitoring to ensure that all efforts are made to resolve this for you. We will be back as soon as we can with update on case.
    Tony

Tony I have forwarded a PM with the appropriate details.  I would hope there is more of a response than there has been to date.

I am not asking for anything more than what we expected which was a service to be installed and paid for as per normal.  The frustration with what should have been a relatively straightforward transition from Vodafone to Eircom has been extreme.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've merged your two threads machalla, there is no need for two threads about the same issue. 

I've merged your two threads machalla, there is no need for two threads about the same issue. 
    Fair Enough Niamh.  I would prefer that you had kept the more appropriate "The Eircom Efibre/Evision Nightmare continues" title as it is more relevant and appropriate to this thread.

I sent all the relevant details by PM yesterday afternoon.  Is there any update on this today?

Just to update from my side, here's a response from Eircom Customer Care Team (ccm@eircom.ie) to my complaints and requesting a call back from them.

"I can advise that we are an email based channel and will be unable to make an outbound call."

The most recent call to Eircom support to add an additional authorised user resulted in the Agent telling us you can't add anyone else as an authorised user on the account.

Also that anyone setting up efibre has to have a new phone number put in place and will thus lose their current existing number.

Are either of the above statements true?  This was someone called Stephen on 1901 who stated this.

• Advertisement

I sent all the relevant details by PM yesterday afternoon. Is there any update on this today?
    Hi machalla,
    I have PM you today re update on course of action. Can you let me know if this suits?
    Tony

Hi machalla

For security & data protection reasons an additional name cannot be added to an account - the agent you spoke to should have made this more clear. Tony will PM'd you more information on the status of your order. Apologies for the inconvenience & confusion caused by the most recent call machalla.

Al

Hi Alan,

Can you clarify why then I was told by the customer care team that to register a formal complaint I needed to be added as an authorised user?  And to do so we must contact 1901 who then told us that it wasn't possible. 

In effect making registering a complaint on behalf of my relative impossible.  This is two contradictory claims from customer care.

I have emails from the ccm@eircom.ie mail address to confirm this should you need them.

Also please review the phone recording for the conversation concerned at approximately 15:15pm 26th March.

Hi Alan,

Can you clarify why then I was told by the customer care team that ? And to do so we must contact 1901 who then told us that it wasn't possible.

In effect making registering a complaint on behalf of my relative impossible. This is two contradictory claims from customer care.

I have emails from the ccm@eircom.ie mail address to confirm this should you need them.

Also please review the phone recording for the conversation concerned at approximately 15:15pm 26th March.

Hi machalla

Only the authorised account holder can lodge an official complaint and as I touched on there can only be one authorised account holder and thus authorised account user. I apologise for the confusion and inconvenience created and also apologise for the disappointing level of service offered in yesterdays call.

Thanks
    Al

Alan, can you then please inform the various members of CCM that they provided me with incorrect information in regards to how to register a formal complaint in that case.

I have at least 3 mails stating that I needed to be added as an authorised user and could do so by contacting the 1901 number.  Extracted text from the mails below.  I can provide the original mails on request.

"In reference to your mail we are sorry to hear that you have previously experienced poor service at 1901, however for Data Protection reasons we do insist that the named account holder contacts us at 1901 to register you as nominated user so that we may assist you."

"
    To be nominated as a user the account holder will have to contact us by phone or by letter and we will then be able to have you added as an authorised user. "

"
    Once we have verified their account details, the registered owner can request to add you as an authorised user on the account. We would then be in a position to discuss account information with you in the future."

Alan, can you then please inform the various members of CCM that they provided me with incorrect information in regards to how to register a formal complaint in that case.

I have at least 3 mails stating that I needed to be added as an authorised user and could do so by contacting the 1901 number.  Extracted text from the mails below.  I can provide the original mails on request.

"In reference to your mail we are sorry to hear that you have previously experienced poor service at 1901, however for Data Protection reasons we do insist that the named account holder contacts us at 1901 to register you as nominated user so that we may assist you."

"
    To be nominated as a user the account holder will have to contact us by phone or by letter and we will then be able to have you added as an authorised user. "

"
    Once we have verified their account details, the registered owner can request to add you as an authorised user on the account. We would then be in a position to discuss account information with you in the future."
    I have received your latest PM machalla and will add this to details supplied there.
    Thanks
    Tony

I have received your latest PM machalla and will add this to details supplied there.
    Thanks
    Tony

OK Tony and Alan. Thank you for your attempts to resolve this.

No update on this this afternoon in any case.  I had hoped there would be some movement based on earlier PM's.

In case anyone is following the saga so far..

Week 4 now of trying to move a working phone line and broadband to Eircom from Vodafone.  Which has resulted in the wrong number and no broadband so far.

Apparently the soonest anything can or will be done is going to be at the end of week 6 (Friday April 10th)

The supposed phone call from the Winback team on Friday"within the hour" resulted in no phone call on Friday.

The end result was a text message on friday night to say the that the 10th April is now the supposed installation date.  No interaction to say if this suited or not.

No indication of whether this means the phone number will be recovered, will this be the broadband only installed or will it include the evision.

Basically no contact of note.

• Advertisement

In case anyone is following the saga so far..

Week 4 now of trying to move a working phone line and broadband to Eircom from Vodafone.  Which has resulted in the wrong number and no broadband so far.

Apparently the soonest anything can or will be done is going to be at the end of week 6 (Friday April 10th)

The supposed phone call from the Winback team on Friday"within the hour" resulted in no phone call on Friday.

The end result was a text message on friday night to say the that the 10th April is now the supposed installation date.  No interaction to say if this suited or not.

No indication of whether this means the phone number will be recovered, will this be the broadband only installed or will it include the evision.

Basically no contact of note.
    Hi machalla

Apologies, you should have been contacted by now - I will seek clarification and get back to you as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement