Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pins 'n' Needles Phibsboro

Options
  • 15-03-2015 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience or feedback about Pins 'n' Needles in Phibsboro. Just looking online and their prices seem a bit too good to be true.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The prices are too good to be true. Stay clear, one of the members here got a tattoo from them that they did a dreadful job of. She will probably see this later and tell you herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Bit late, but that'd be me. They did a very bad job on one of mine. All of the black ink in it faded within a few weeks, it's misshapen, and looks awful. I'm having a full cover up designed at the moment, and it's just pure luck that I won't be paying a fortune for it thanks to some connections with good artists. Avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

January wrote: »
    The prices are too good to be true. Stay clear, one of the members here got a tattoo from them that they did a dreadful job of. She will probably see this later and tell you herself.
    Bit late, but that'd be me. They did a very bad job on one of mine. All of the black ink in it faded within a few weeks, it's misshapen, and looks awful. I'm having a full cover up designed at the moment, and it's just pure luck that I won't be paying a fortune for it thanks to some connections with good artists. Avoid them like the plague.

Thanks for that guys. Figured as much. A friend saw them because of their prices. I wouldn't have even considered it. Best off sticking to reputable artists/studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I got blocked from their facebook page for pointing out a spelling mistake in one of their tattoos. Shows you what you're dealing with. Shame because they have/had a girl working there who seems like she'd be really good with a proper mentor.

I know a girl who got a tattoo from them and it was spelled wrong.

• Advertisement

Surely it's down to the person paying for the tattoo to be sure it's spelled correctly though? Any tattoos with words I've had done, I had to write out the spelling of each word and confirm that that is how I want them spelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Those piercing prices are terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Surely it's down to the person paying for the tattoo to be sure it's spelled correctly though? Any tattoos with words I've had done, I had to write out the spelling of each word and confirm that that is how I want them spelled.

Aye you'd have to put that down to the person getting the work done, for crying out loud make sure everything is spot on before the needle starts working.

Strangely enough I've heard nowt but good things about their shop in Balbriggan, my brother has gotten some decent stuff done there. Must be something to do with the management maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

transverse lobe is more expensive than an ampallang jesus ****ing titty christ

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

transverse lobe is more expensive than an ampallang jesus ****ing titty christ

Ah yes, but most "Piercers" (and I use that word VERY loosely) reckon that since the glans is such a big lump of flesh then it's an easy piercing, "and anyway, they all bleed like that. Sure it's full of blood vessels. You'll be grand in the morning".
    However, something as small as a lobe and transversely at that, well, now that requires skill and sure if they price it high enough, nobody will want to get it done.
    I was going to blame Youtube, but the truth is, it's the gob****es, sorry, I meant customers, who visit places because they're cheap. The question I'm most asked on a daily basis is "How much".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have to say I know someone that got some really good tattoos from them.
    Don't know which artists did them but no complaints from my mate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

P_1 wrote: »
    Aye you'd have to put that down to the person getting the work done, for crying out loud make sure everything is spot on before the needle starts working.

Strangely enough I've heard nowt but good things about their shop in Balbriggan, my brother has gotten some decent stuff done there. Must be something to do with the management maybe.

The tattooist cant be blamed if some one wrote a name down wrong.

Didn't Ami James spell a tattoo wrong on one episode of Miami Ink..but it was actually the customer that wrote it down wrong.

We don't actually know the full story here and I really hate shops getting slated when we don't know the full facts.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    The tattooist cant be blamed if some one wrote a name down wrong.

Didn't Ami James spell a tattoo wrong on one episode of Miami Ink..but it was actually the customer that wrote it down wrong.

We don't actually know the full story here and I really hate shops getting slated when we don't know the full facts.

Don't really know why my post was quoted there, I agreed with your point - it's down to the customer to decide upon the exact spelling used.

The only slating I've done is on shoddy work they did on me.

Don't really know why my post was quoted there, I agreed with your point - it's down to the customer to decide upon the exact spelling used.

The only slating I've done is on shoddy work they did on me.

Sorry I meant to quote it to say I agreed with you.
    Did you go back to them with the shoddy work??Most artists will fix it if asked.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Sorry I meant to quote it to say I agreed with you.
    Did you go back to them with the shoddy work??Most artists will fix it if asked.

Yeah, I spoke to them about it and they offered a touch up. Had a quick look on their facebook, and they, at the time, were trying to pass off work from skin city as theirs (think Marty or orim pointed that out here before). So, I won't trust them with it, and am having Sean Kealy in Snakebite do a cover up for me whenever we're both free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Is it not spelt wrong? unless you're American then I think its spelled wrong.;)

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Is it not spelt wrong? unless you're American then I think its spelled wrong.;)

Either/or really... http://grammarist.com/spelling/spelled-spelt/

You are all right btw, it is up to the person getting tattoo'd to have everything spelled properly, but when it's such a glaringly obvious mistake sometime the tattoo artist should intervene. In my opinion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Either/or really... http://grammarist.com/spelling/spelled-spelt/

You are all right btw, it is up to the person getting tattoo'd to have everything spelled properly, but when it's such a glaringly obvious mistake sometime the tattoo artist should intervene. In my opinion anyway.

what was the word that was spelt wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I hate hearing someone ask how much when you know they are looking for cheap - itl never end well. I ask how much In order to budget ahead for quality work. Only way to do it.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    what was the word that was spelt wrong?

It was a mix up between 'too' and 'two', where it was supposed to be two but too was used instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

It was a mix up between 'too' and 'two', where it was supposed to be two but too was used instead.

Dear god.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

At least it wasn't 'loose' and 'lose'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Orim wrote: »
    At least it wasn't 'loose' and 'lose'
    Why is it so many people get that one wrong what a bunch of loosers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

I love piercing))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Just looking at some of their stuff on Facebook.
    One tattoo says ''What's ment for you won't pass you by"

How do you get the apostrophes correct and fcuk up the spelling :pac:

Advertisement