Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graduation day drinks

• 26-03-2015 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

So I'm graduating my masters soon and I want to take my class (of 8) out somewhere that evening for drinks. I want to go somewhere "sophisticated" but not ridiculously pricey. Good music and atmosphere but not too loud or too quiet.
    Does anyone know of any good bars that aren't too pub-like but also not club-like?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi LazyClouds,

Congrats on the masters!

Whereabouts are you thinking of? I can move your thread over to the most suitable regional forum for some better local knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

We were thinking somewhere "sophisticated" like I said but I don't want to be surrounded by ol' fellas... The suggested place was the Horseshoe in the Shelbourne. I've never been, is it any good?
    Dublin city centre area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

The Dean for cocktails and then downstairs to Everleigh for dancing is always good. There's also any of the bars on Dawson Street such as Café en Seine, Sams Bar or 37. House on Leeson Street is also a good spot. All are nice bars with good music. The crowd is usually more upscale but not snobbish and the age range is usually late twenties - early forties. I'd advise to book a table in any of these though as seats go quickly at weekends.

Advertisement