Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a new whey protein powder?

Options
  • 19-03-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Have been using Olympus health 5kg protein for the last year or so but according to reviews its full of soy but it's very good value less than 50 euro for a tub.anyone know a better quality protein out there?heard myprotein and bulk powders are good anyone have any recommendations for good quality protein powder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

MyProtein, Bulk Powders and The Protein Works are all good.

Bulk Powders are doing a deal today and tomorrow only where you can get two 2.5kg bags for €50 with the promo code PER225.

If the Olympus you were using was the All In One protein, it has 46.5g of protein per 100g. That's a poor return. And there are fewer servings than the three I mentioned which would be more servings per unit and would be ~ 80g protein per 100g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

I use Kinetica, it tastes good, and works well. It's not the cheapest but it's made in Ireland, so it's worth a small premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bulk Powders are doing a deal today and tomorrow only where you can get two 2.5kg bags for €50 with the promo code PER225.

Free delivery too :eek:

Hard to beat that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mini homer

If the Olympus you were using was the All In One protein, it has 46.5g of protein per 100g. That's a poor return. And there are fewer servings than the three I mentioned which would be more servings per unit and would be ~ 80g protein per 100g.[/quoteMice

If the Olympus you were using was the All In One protein, it has 46.5g of protein per 100g. That's a poor return. And there are fewer servings than the three I mentioned which would be more servings per unit and would be ~ 80g protein per 100g.

Nice one veedersane I'll order that today

• Advertisement

Yeah it was the all in one protein I got by the looks of it,it's very high in sugars and carbs.i put on an awful lot of weight from taking it which I find hard to loose.

And its píss poor as a source of protein for something which is marketing itself as a good source of protein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Been using syntha6 the last 2-3 months been happy enough with it! €45 for 2kg tub

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Been using syntha6 the last 2-3 months been happy enough with it! €45 for 2kg tub

Seems a little lkight on protein though, I'd have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

just started using this

http://matadormuscle.com/pd_adrive5s.html

mixes well tastes great not bad at 45 euro

• Advertisement

Arrived with DPD today.

As a lover of all things banana I'm delighted their banana flavour kicks the crap out of MyProtein's.

Seems a little lkight on protein though, I'd have said.

I'm open to alternatives! Been considering a change to mix things up

I'm open to alternatives! Been considering a change to mix things up

A serving is 47.2g with 22g protein. That's just less than 47%.

With like of MyProtein and Bulk Powders, you're getting 77-80% protein, less carbs and less sugar. And more servings per unit weight.

Comparison works out along the lines of 21g protein per euro for Syntha-6 and 48g per euro from MyProtein.

A serving is 47.2g with 22g protein. That's just less than 47%.

With like of MyProtein and Bulk Powders, you're getting 77-80% protein, less carbs and less sugar. And more servings per unit weight.

Comparison works out along the lines of 21g protein per euro for Syntha-6 and 48g per euro from MyProtein.

Are bulk powders based in Ireland? Haven't tried them yet, how long is delivery?

Are bulk powders based in Ireland? Haven't tried them yet, how long is delivery?

Ordered mine last Thursday got an email Monday saying there're delayed because of high demand so I'll have it tomorrow:-)

They're not based in Ireland, afaik. I ordered Thursday, it arrived yesterday.

Cool I'll give them a shot next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Cool I'll give them a shot next week!

If registering an account with BulkPowders use referral code:
    ATTVKB
    which will give you €5 off your first order greater than €15. Also they often have periodic sales so best to purchase any item during one of these sales, for instance they currently have 15% off everything for the next 4 days using discount code 1EVYR.

You can also get 10% cashback on new account orders with Quidco

Advertisement