Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Valtra 6400

Options
  • 31-10-2013 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Just wondering lads what do you make of these tractors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭himwdah

woould love one but r big money or high hours generally when they come up for sale, had to buy a nh7740 in the end, would have been nice to have the 8400 and its sibling the 6400, if the nh was paid for i would happily change it to a 6400

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimbozaxis

himwdah wrote: »
    woould love one but r big money or high hours generally when they come up for sale, had to buy a nh7740 in the end, would have been nice to have the 8400 and its sibling the 6400, if the nh was paid for i would happily change it to a 6400

great tractor. had 2 6400 here. Traded the older of the two and a fastrac in for a t-series. Valtra are a gud well built tractor. Only fault I have in the 6400 is the seat is flimsy we hada weld it and the handbrake up. Also the wheel rims rust like mad but that seems to a fault in all valtras. 6400 we have now has 5000 trouble free hours and the t series 3000hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭himwdah

our 8400 has cleared to 10000hrs and after having the 7740 for 6months a 6400 came up for sale privatly, if it had have been there before the 7740 we would have bought it, there was a 6600 but price was too steep, will someday have another valmet/valtra, i dont mind having to rebuild them as atleast u know what u have we have plenty of tractors here but still like a spare for when we r busy. there is something about the 7740 i dont like dont know what it does everything perfectly and is a great yard tractor and can pull us out of a tight spot on contracting when needs to, which is what it was bought for, but there is just something u know, i would have prefered a 4355/4255 but this came first at good price

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimbozaxis

A spare tractor around the yard always comes in handy. We regret ever selling the the we red 6400. Would of bought her back in the morning. I think she went to donegol sumwhere. We ended up buying a Massey 3075 last year. Was clean enuff with low hours and cheap. Does its job around the yard ok. But an all valtra fleet would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bulls Notion

Thanks for the info lads.Been working it the last couple of days and she's very impressive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭Suckler

jimbozaxis wrote: »
    ...We ended up buying a Massey 3075 last year. Was clean enuff with low hours and cheap. Does its job around the yard ok.

How do you find the 3075 - is that the four pot engine? Was thinkng about one of these recently myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

jimbozaxis wrote: »
    great tractor. had 2 6400 here. Traded the older of the two and a fastrac in for a t-series. Valtra are a gud well built tractor. Only fault I have in the 6400 is the seat is flimsy we hada weld it and the handbrake up. Also the wheel rims rust like mad but that seems to a fault in all valtras. 6400 we have now has 5000 trouble free hours and the t series 3000hrs

Can I bump this thread?...any more feedback on the 6400 valmat...dry clutch is the normal from what I hear..anybody else with any feedback on them as main tractor, very little road usage intended. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

Nettleman wrote: »
    Can I bump this thread?...any more feedback on the 6400 valmat...dry clutch is the normal from what I hear..anybody else with any feedback on them as main tractor, very little road usage intended. thanks

Mechanically bullet proof. Badly laid out cab, spool levers etc. Oh and the one I drove, the clutch pedal was coming up as high as a massey 100 series. A right balls

Advertisement