Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

qwerty93 wrote: »
    Any Idea if the hill is open for this one lads? Im not too optimistic after last years quarter final:mad:
    Doubt it, won't be enough of a crowd for it, Cork and Kerry fans don't like to travel until Final day, I'd say Donegal will bring a good crowd as will Kildare as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I'd expect significantly more Kerry fans than usual for a QF. They know how pivotal this game is for them, it's real end-of-era stuff for that team. Likewise a few more Cork fans might be tempted up by the attractiveness of the bill and the danger of Kildare. It wouldn't be packed to the rafters but there should be a sweet little atmosphere all the same.

Remember lads: when ye saunter in with ten minutes left in the minor game, shout for the Rossies ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Hill not open for the Kildare game. I haven't been in the Hill for a Kildare game now since the semi final V Down. Always a good atmosphere in there with Kildare supporters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

i remember for the meath game in 2010 it was open, dont know why they cant open it anymore, it looks awful for one being empty and it denies people with an excellent view of the pitch, the grab all association will survive this recession thats for sure..

qwerty93 wrote: »
    i remember for the meath game in 2010 it was open, dont know why they cant open it anymore, it looks awful for one being empty and it denies people with an excellent view of the pitch, the grab all association will survive this recession thats for sure..
    Agree, pure greediness, can't be having people buying the cheap tickets.

Also had to laugh at the radio yesterday when Joanne Cantwell said all games must be played at a neutral venue yet Dublin are playing in Croker next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Agree, pure greediness, can't be having people buying the cheap tickets.

Also had to laugh at the radio yesterday when Joanne Cantwell said all games must be played at a neutral venue yet Dublin are playing in Croker next weekend.

You off moaning again about Dublin :rolleyes::rolleyes:, Your playing Cork next week, A game that will see are ye as mighty as yis make out, now why don't you concentrate on the game at hand for a change and tell me why and how kildare will beat them.

^^I'm not going to engage with people like you.

From Kildare website:

Tickets are €30 for adults and €5 for children. Tickets are only available for the stands as the hill won't be open. Family tickets will be available for the Davin stand & some parts of the Cusack. Concessions of €10 will be available for students and OAPs in the Cusack or Davin stands. No money back for people in the Hogan stand. Tickets are going on sale from lunchtime on Tuesday in Hawkfield.

People like me :( I am supporting a fellow leinster team against cork and hope that the Kildare team beat them :( But every post you write you always have some sort of snide remark about the Dublin team or supporters,You remind me of cill dara abu,think he was banned.Anyways good luck kildare and I shall await the Dark knights return to hear his opinion.

realies wrote: »

People like me :( I am supporting a fellow leinster team against cork and hope that the Kildare team beat them :( But every post you write you always have some sort of snide remark about the Dublin team or supporters,You remind me of cill dara abu,think he was banned.Anyways good luck kildare and I shall await the Dark knights return to hear his opinion.
    It's a valid point, you must agree that Dublin have an unfair advantage?

It's ok for people on here to have a pop at Kildare but not when the Dubs are criticised?

realize wrote: »
    It's a valid point, you must agree that Dublin have an unfair advantage?

It's ok for people on here to have a pop at Kildare but not when the Dubs are criticised?

Without a shadow of doubt you have a valid point,But as being said before Euros is king with the GAA and rightly or wrongly Dublin is seen as a huge money coffer for them, Re having a pop at Kildare,I don't have a pop at anyone as I would have respect for all the teams & players involved,And the Dubs are always getting ripped at, Its a natural pastime in the summer here.But imo Mr diego maradona you have some issues with Dublin that maybe you should loose and you never know you might even get some more people here to support yous. Ps if Kildare get into the all Ireland we can hold it in newbridge, It be a cracker :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭redarmy

RT @TV3Ireland: TV3 will televise both #GAA All Ireland Football Quarter Finals next Sunday (5 Aug). Cork v Kildare then Kerry v Donega ... 3 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

The Cork vs. Kildare game could be the making of either team. Roll on the weekend! :) Here's hoping Kildare take this one!

HQ have decided to open the Hill for this one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭qwerty93

Great news:D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cavan referee for the Cork v Kildare game - had to laugh when I saw it! :D

Diego, no need for the Dublin sniping, this is the Kildare thread!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

kildare9 wrote: »
    HQ have decided to open the Hill for this one :D

Good decision by the GAA tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

In general i think that we are at our natural point in the championship .i.e. we are in the top 8 teams in ireland despite the critics suggesting (or hopeing) otherwise. We need to step it up a gear this time because this cork team is excellent.

Good decision by the GAA tbh!

Aye now lets hope the Lilies fill it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

kildare9 wrote: »
    Aye now lets hope the Lilies fill it

Hope ye don't mind one or two rebels mingling in with ye:)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I haven't seen much of Cork this year so I can't really comment on them.
    If Kildare are to win, I think they need to put in a huge game performance, have a bit of luck, and hope that Cork get rattled. All of which is very posible but not very probable.

If Cork dominate us in midfield, we're fecked from the start. Especially when it comes to kick outs. Kildare have to figure out a way of winning their own kick outs at the very least. Be it short and central, or short out to the wings. I dont think pumping them long and high down the middle is going to work. The cork lads are too big and I presume their midfielders are playing their natural positions as opposed to Kildares wedged in and patched up offering.

I'd like to see Kavanagh running the wings and getting in behind the cork defence; Leper, Bolton and Lyons to run at the Cork half backs; and then vary things a little with a few diagonal balls pumped into O'Connor. Kick them high into the square for him to intimidate and hassle and annoy their keeper, then have Smith or Johnston hanging off waiting for the lay off.

Up the lillies, lets take that extra step this weekend and beat a top team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

As much as it pains to say it Kildare are seriously up against it with cork tbh!! Cork are a fabulous team great attack great defense and powerful midfield!!!

But Kildare are fighters and I know for a fact the lads expect to beat cork which is a huge positive for us as our lads don't fear them!! Respect them hugely though as IMO they are the best team in QF draw!!!

Either way we win we break the supposed curse of not beating a top 4 team and lose and we can build on this year and thank lads for another long summer!!!

I'll be throwing 25 euro on Kildare anyways as cork are obvious favourites.

After the Sligo game I'm delighted to get back to HQ

Also thanks to all Kildare team and squad I know two or three use this forum or browse through it anyways!!!!

So let's get behind them lads :)

CILL DARA ABÚ

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

As much as it pains to say it Kildare are seriously up against it with cork tbh!! Cork are a fabulous team great attack great defense and powerful midfield!!!

But Kildare are fighters and I know for a fact the lads expect to beat cork which is a huge positive for us as our lads don't fear them!! Respect them hugely though as IMO they are the best team in QF draw!!!

Either way we win we break the supposed curse of not beating a top 4 team and lose and we can build on this year and thank lads for another long summer!!!

I'll be throwing 25 euro on Kildare anyways as cork are obvious favourites.

After the Sligo game I'm delighted to get back to HQ

Also thanks to all Kildare team and squad I know two or three use this forum or browse through it anyways!!!!

So let's get behind them lads :)

CILL DARA ABÚ

Now lads you've been warned, DK will not be a happy camper if you lose him his €25 so win ffs!!

full_irish wrote: »
    Now lads you've been warned, DK will not be a happy camper if you lose him his €25 so win ffs!!

Cork are obvious favourites but I just don't know I think we have a big performance in us here's hoping we can take the mighty cork on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I've been tipping Cork from the start of the year... and can't see much change if I'm honest. If we do everything right and Cork have an off day we could beat them.

Although have a wee gander in the Cork thread and they are very confident... talking about whether it will be the green and gold of Kerry or Donegal in the semi's.

full_irish wrote: »
    I've been tipping Cork from the start of the year... and can't see much change if I'm honest. If we do everything right and Cork have an off day we could beat them.

Although have a wee gander in the Cork thread and they are very confident... talking about whether it will be the green and gold of Kerry or Donegal in the semi's.

Let them dismiss us all they want I fancy us to turn them over actually I just have a feeling we will be in an AI semi..

All we can do is hope and pray!!!

Cork are an excellent team but they will be playing a very good side lets face facts and I for one would be absolutely ecstatic if we could turn cork over.

Kildare will have to improve dramatically if they are to beat Cork,It should be a good match with lots of colourful supporters there from both sides creating a great atmosphere,With Kildare playing the last three weeks and Cork haven't played in a while you would be thinking that it might be in Kildare's favour ? I am hoping for a Kildare win but I feel Cork will be to strong for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kencoo

I was at the last Game 1/4 final with Kildare vs Cork 4 years ago. Cork had a storming start when they banged in two goals and 3 points to no score in the first 20 minutes. The cork players were actually strolling around laughing at that point.
    They still only beat us by a goal in the end with 15 men behind the ball in the last minute.... Those kildare players remember that laughter id say.... bring it on!!!!

realies wrote: »
    Kildare will have to improve dramatically if they are to beat Cork,It should be a good match with lots of colourful supporters there from both sides creating a great atmosphere,With Kildare playing the last three weeks and Cork haven't played in a while you would be thinking that it might be in Kildare's favour ? I am hoping for a Kildare win but I feel Cork will be to strong for them.

I am also hoping kildares matches will hold to them tbh

Cork don't have anything to prove Kildare on the other hand have critics everywhere to prove a point to.

I know on paper cork should win but it's championship football anything can happen.. Also if we do bow out this weekend I hope we really ask questions of cork!!

No matter what happens

CILL DARA ABÚ

kencoo wrote: »
    I was at the last Game 1/4 final with Kildare vs Cork 4 years ago. Cork had a storming start when they banged in two goals and 3 points to no score in the first 20 minutes. The cork players were actually strolling around laughing at that point.
    They still only beat us by a goal in the end with 15 men behind the ball in the last minute.... Those kildare players remember that laughter id say.... bring it on!!!!

Agree the cork cockiness could be there downfall they might have had a dream start that game but towards the end of that game they were panicking as the Kildare lads rallied for that goal we needed!!! That was inexperience on big day that cost Kildare dearly in first half of that game hopefully our lads will be ready for battle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I love the way if you are installed as favourites you are automatically labeled as cocky :rolleyes:

How anyone could call the Cork footballers cocky is beyond me I have never seen anything to back this up and they are very rarely in the media. Cork are also a far far better team than they were 4 years ago, that game has zero relevance to this weekend.

Corks biggest problem will be, and with all due to Clare, they haven't had a competitive game since the Munster Semi Final, 8 weeks ago.

Advertisement